• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Budenholzer has been meeting with Phoenix Suns management and ownership since Monday

GameTime

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Like I say before...Bud = Mike Smith.  Falcon fans where squawking just like you when Quinn was hired! LOL!

LOL!  I knew you were that fan that tried to convince the team to fire Bud and hire Mark Jackson at a season ticket holder meeting.

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, KB21 said:

LOL!  I knew you were that fan that tried to convince the team to fire Bud and hire Mark Jackson at a season ticket holder meeting.

I have no clue how to respond to your constant incendiary rhetoric....All I am trying to convey to you is don't Judge the next coach until he gets here.  The Falcon fans made that mistake years ago and crowned Smith as the greatest coach in Falcon history even though he never made it to the Superbowl.  They blame the general manager and players just like you...Fast forward 2 years...Falcons in the Superbowl with the same GM, Quarterback, Running back you name it, just a different coach.  They even cut their Millsap in Roddy White! See the parallels?  Just saying!

• Like 4

Just now, Peoriabird said:

I have no clue how to respond to your constant incendiary rhetoric....All I am trying to convey to you is don't Judge the next coach until he get here.  The Falcon fans made that mistake years ago and crowned Smith as the greatest coach in Falcon history even though he never made is to the Superbowl.  They blame the general manager and players just like you...Fast forward 2 years...Falcons in the Superbowl with the same GM, Quarterback, Running back you name it, just a different coach.  They even cut their Millsap in Roddy White! See the parallels?  Just saying!

I call things as I see it.  Unless a select few coaches walk through that door, which isn't going to happen (Pops, Stevens...etc), the Hawks WILL NOT hire a coach that is better than Mike Budenholzer.  Because of their f'n stupid tanking, they are going to lose a great head coach, and as I predicted, I have to sift through trash posts about how Bud really isn't that good when he is BY FAR the best aspect and asset this franchise has right now.  To even consider trading him for what will amount to 2nd round value is beyond preposterous, but I have learned to expect the preposterous when it comes to Tony Ressler and his yes man Travis Schlenk.

13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Like I say before...Bud = Mike Smith.  Falcon fans where squawking just like you when Quinn was hired! LOL!

Wow now that’s very disrespectful! Bud is waaaayyy better than mike smith not even a fair comparison in their sports 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

I have to sift through trash posts about how Bud really isn't that good when he is BY FAR the best aspect and asset this franchise has right now. 

Mike Smith had the exact same success with the Falcons!  Just saying!

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

Wow now that’s very disrespectful! Bud is waaaayyy better than mike smith not even a fair comparison in their sports 

You say that now but That wasn't the sentiment at the time of the firing...their records speak for themselves

To even remotely compare Mike Budenholzer to Mike Smith shows me just how preposterous your bias against Bud is.  

I guess you will have to learn the hard way.  When Bud goes to Phoenix and they have a 20 plus game improvement in their win total while the Hawks are far worse than they were this past season, maybe it will sink in at that time.  I doubt it, because it hasn't sunk in yet that tanking was not the right thing to do, but I digress.

10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You say that now but That wasn't the sentiment at the time of the firing...their records speak for themselves

If the new coach does happen to have quick success similar to Quinn then it’s because we got extremely lucky on the draft picks more than likely.

whatever coach we get isn’t going to compare to bud on a development level in my opinion and it’s the most important part we need from a coach with all these young players coming in.

• Premium Member

You can't really compare football to basketball. Mike Smith was a good coach but he was never considered a top five coach in his sport. Bud is at least a top five coach. He is our best asset and frankly I will be angry if we lose him. You don't just replace that kind of coach with some guy coming off the street.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I guess you will have to learn the hard way.  When Bud goes to Phoenix and they have a 20 plus game improvement in their win total while the Hawks are far worse than they were this past season, maybe it will sink in at that time. 

+jKXPKg044v8CrHqHYHNJ7ZIAAAAASUVORK5CYII

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You can't really compare football to basketball. Mike Smith was a good coach but he was never considered a top five coach in his sport. Bud is at least a top five coach. He is our best asset and frankly I will be angry if we lose him. You don't just replace that kind of coach with some guy coming off the street.

Thats a Hawk fan thing...Bud isn't top 5 never was considered top 5

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Thats a Hawk fan thing...Bud isn't top 5 never was considered top 5

No.  This is a Hawk fan thing.  Denigrate the best thing you have simply to justify letting him go for less than he's worth.  It's the same with Millsap.  And Horford.  And Teague.  And Korver.  

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

No.  This is a Hawk fan thing.  Denigrate the best thing you have simply to justify letting him go for less than he's worth.  It's the same with Millsap.  And Horford.  And Teague.  And Korver.  

Show me any coach's survey then to support this notion and stop arguing with me...Give me facts.

Can’t wait until this Bud stuff is over and we can focus on the draft. Regardless of the coach, if we don’t nail this upcoming draft, we’re going to be screwed. A good coach isn’t saving a bad draft class. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Guard said:

Can’t wait until this Bud stuff is over and we can focus on the draft. Regardless of the coach, if we don’t nail this upcoming draft, we’re going to be screwed. A good coach isn’t saving a bad draft class. 

And a bad coach won’t develop a good draft class.

it all works hand in hand. We can nail the draft and absolutely suck ass.

we got the coach pick right with bud and now we likely have to start over. 

We had a good team before that never reached their full potential in joe Johnson, Marvin, J smoove, horford but woody was a horrible offensive mind and wasted all those years on a useless heavy iso offense and didn’t develop any of those players offensively.

.....Yeah man the coach matters big time regardless of the draft.

• Like 3