• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Budenholzer has been meeting with Phoenix Suns management and ownership since Monday

GameTime

29 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I've already said this, but I think the best we can hope for given the precedent that has been set on previous coaching trades is a swap of 19 for 16 and the Suns 2nd round pick.

That's is horrendous deal. You want Bud, a top 5 coach. Pay for it. The only pick swap I would take is 1 for 4. In this draft, 16 and 19 is the same range of players. I would rather the 19th.

• Like 1

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That's is horrendous deal. You want Bud, a top 5 coach. Pay for it. The only pick swap I would take is 1 for 4. In this draft, 16 and 19 is the same range of players. I would rather the 19th.

16 vs 19 depends who is on the board at 16.  If someone you want slips, you absolutely prefer to get him.  If you have 4 guys that you view as comparable, then it doesn't matter much.

Bear in mind that nobody has a pick at this point - just a spot in the lottery heirarchy.  Getting the right (but not obligation) to swap would have value.  Getting a non-lottery first round pick just by itself would be closer to Doc Rivers precedent.  The idea of the right to swap and an early second round pick is also in that range.

1 hour ago, DS5 said:

Agreed. I don't think a team would trade a first overall for any coach. That's probably the best we can expect, if it happens at all. I'm starting to think that Phoenix has already moved on anyway. 

Nobody would deal a lottery pick for a coach.  Swap rights might be possible but would be difficult to do before the lottery given the very significant impact of different outcomes.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We aren't going to get a good deal. The reason being is that Schlenk wants this to happen so that he can go get his own coach. 

And again...The selling price depends on the demand...High demand, Higher price. Low demand...Lower price

• Like 1