• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Budenholzer has been meeting with Phoenix Suns management and ownership since Monday

GameTime

We have the contract and the upper hand. Swap #1 for # 4 and # 16 for #19. That is where I would start at if I was Travis. The least I would take is 16 straight up. I would fight hard for including 1 for 4 to the point I would not yield until it was apparent the Suns were interviewing other coaches.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

We have the contract and the upper hand. Swap #1 for # 4 and # 16 for #19. That is where I would start at if I was Travis. The least I would take is 16 straight up. I would fight hard for including 1 for 4 to the point I would not yield until it was apparent the Suns were interviewing other coaches.

Agreed, I posted the same thing the other day.

Edited by hazer
  • Like 2

Just read this ...this is the least schlenk can do at this point! Just have some balls and don’t just let Bud walk away for nothing...PLEASE and if he don’t want to stay here tough shit! Make him stay.

Michael Cunningham of the AJC reports directly that “the Hawks indicated that he would not be released from his contract without compensation.” As a result, any deal to send Budenholzer to Phoenix does not appear imminent, though it is difficult, at least in some ways, to envision a scenario in which the head coach returns to Atlanta given all of the publicly available information.

28 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

It's going to be a second rounder. A swap of #19 and #16 if we're lucky. Suns aren't selling the farm for a coach, no one does in the NBA.

No one does that, but Bud will make a much bigger impact on that team than anyone they take in this draft will have next year.  If he takes that job, Phoenix will be 20 plus games better next year than they have been.  

Boston traded Doc Rivers (who won a NBA title with them) to LAC for an unprotected 1st rounder that turned into the 28th pick overall but some actually think the Hawks will get the 16th pick AND swap lottery picks for Bud?  Not seeing it.  Why would anyone possibly do that?