• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It’s official Bud is gone ....but for nothing in return

JTB

1 hour ago, JTB said:

This franchise is a horrible laughing stock my man.

and I thought this new gm and owner had balls...smh...nope they are same as the past and just allows mediocrity.

F*** Schlenk & Ressler 

Give me an example of a president being demoted to just coach and being around long term lol this should have been expected the contract salary is what killed us no one wants Bud for what he was making.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hazer said:

I did say “Bud ain’t going nowhere” on the Milwaukee rumor. But did say he would consider NY or San Antonio. You’re slinging that liar horse$hit around rather carelessly, my dude. Speaking of slinging, I may just start slinging random $hit against the wall then when about 3 out of 10 stick claim to always be right. 

I'm not slinging anything careless.

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Don't try to twist things into making me look bad...

Got news for ya, no twist needed ;)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

No. You are a liar.  You are the one who said Bud was 100% on board with the stupid tank job the Hawks were doing, and you said there was no way Bud would leave.  I said before the season ever started that Bud would leave.  Don't try to twist things into making me look bad when I told you from the beginning that the tank would cost the team it's best asset - Mike Budenholzer.

Why does someone have to be a liar? Here’s the thing...you were right if that’s what you want to hear about bud not being onboard with the tank but the part you continue to miss is that the hawks front office is in control of the tank and they could have kept his ass here to finish out these two year wether bud like it or not.

but they decided to let him go which we both agree was stupid but the point is on board or not bud could have been apart of this process for 2 more seasons and there would have been nothing he could do about it.

Just now, hazer said:

Got news for ya, no twist needed ;)

Remind me of that when you lose the bet you have made with me, and with Bud gone, it's a lead pipe lock that the Hawks will not be better next year than they were this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Remind me of that when you lose the bet you have made with me, and with Bud gone, it's a lead pipe lock that the Hawks will not be better next year than they were this year.

I already have your avatar picked out ;)

58 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The icing on the cake is drafting JJJ, that will solidify this organization as the worst in professional sports history

Bud wanted to keep DEnnis, but Schlenk wants Trae young. lol(conspiracy)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

Why does someone have to be a liar? Here’s the thing...you were right if that’s what you want to hear about bud not being onboard with the tank but the part you continue to miss is that the hawks front office is in control of the tank and they could have kept his ass here to finish out these two year wether bud like it or not.

but they decided to let him go which we both agree was stupid but the point is on board or not bud could have been apart of this process for 2 more seasons and there would have been nothing he could do about it.

Realize that from the Hawks perspective, Bud is too good of a coach for them to accomplish what they want to accomplish.  He won more than they wanted this year, so now he's gone.  The next coach will be a yes man who will willingly go along with their tanking strategy for the next 2 seasons, and then he will be sacrificed as a loser.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

Why does someone have to be a liar?

Because that’s his new pet word, he’s tiring of saying tank all day every day.

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Please don't start this personal insult stuff. We're all fans of the same team. We don't have hard details yet as to what happened.

Liar :P

• Like 3

Having Bud around for player development and an effective system was one thing that gave me confidence about this rebuild going smoothly. Things definitely get a little dicier now. But maybe the next guy (or gal with Becky Hammon around) will know what they're doing. I came to terms with Bud leaving as soon as he was given permission to interview with Phoenix so I'm not too distraught by the news. I'm more bummed about not getting any compensation. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hazer said:

Bud can be replaced, but he was the best coach we had since Wilkens. He’s Top 10 in the league.

But cant call a good play after a Timeout to save his life. lol. LD was waaay better at that...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

the Hawks will not be better next year than they were this year.

It would be a huge mistake to do anything else.

The real error was not moving on from Bud last year, a delay I suspect had more to do with saving money than anything else. At least now the Hawks have a clear plan.

Fans who don’t want to endure an extended tank should check out for a few years. What’s done is done.

Just now, mrhonline said:

It would be a huge mistake to do anything else.

The real error was not moving on from Bud last year, a delay I suspect had more to do with saving money than anything else. At least now the Hawks have a clear plan.

Fans who don’t want to endure an extended tank should check out for a few years. What’s done is done.

Oh no!  It's not going to be an extended tank.  The Hawks will be back in the playoffs within 2 years, or so I'm told on here.

• Like 1