• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It’s official Bud is gone ....but for nothing in return

JTB

9 minutes ago, deester11 said:

You've had some dumb arguments....this one...is tops...

Oh, yeah.  Because it is so much smarter to want to win 20 games a season for the next several seasons all in the name of "we are building a foundation" through a hit or miss lottery process.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, parfait said:

By the way, just to show where the Hawks Head Coaching job ranks amongst the current available openings:

David Fizdale just interviewed with the Hawks today. He didn't even sniff around the Orlando or Charlotte openings. Heck, he took away from Saturday family time to meet with us.

Certainly the Milwaukee job is better (at the current time), and I still think that Portland may open up, which would be a plum job. And it's always good to interview in New York for monetary and exposure purposes.

But the best candidate out there not named Mike Budenholzer just spent the day in the ATL. And if Bud indeed gets the Milwaukee gig, then I wouldn't be surprised if the consolation prize for Fizdale is the Hawks roost.

Let's see if he is actually offered and accepts the job.  

Just now, KB21 said:

Let's see if he is actually offered and accepts the job.  

I'm sure he'll at least interview in Milwaukee first. And there's still the chance that he finds his way into the Cleveland job. But otherwise, Atlanta appears to be his next best option. That would have to raise even the most ardent skeptic's eyebrows if that happens.

1 minute ago, parfait said:

I'm sure he'll at least interview in Milwaukee first. And there's still the chance that he finds his way into the Cleveland job. But otherwise, Atlanta appears to be his next best option. That would have to raise even the most ardent skeptic's eyebrows if that happens.

He is probably interviewing as a favor to someone he knows in the organization.

6 minutes ago, parfait said:

Shhhh...KB thinks no good coach will interview.  I don't think it's a cursory interview..but whatever the narrative I like it 

• Like 2

The Hawks are parading the list of nobodies through.  Jarron Collins and Nate Tibbetts are interviewing today, and Darvin Ham will interview tomorrow.  My guess is, whoever will sign the cheapest contract gets the job, and they will simply be a place holder that can absorb all the losses this team is about to incur.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
6 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

...annnnd, another door creaks open...

~lw3

If the Bucks want him ... he needs to take that job and run.  That team is up and coming while the Raptors are getting older and will start declining

• Like 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, High5 said:

Imagine getting fired for being swept by LeBron as a 59-win #1 seed only to be replaced by a guy who got swept a few years prior as a 60-win #1 seed. 

Imagine getting fired after being named COY ... that is what is going to happen

• Like 3

• Premium Member

What really hurt Casey is that Indiana took the Cavs to seven games in the first round. LeBron had won, I believe, 21 straight first round games between Miami and Cleveland until the game 1 loss against Indiana. After that series you thought they might be vulnerable and that Toronto had a chance, which make the sweep look even worse. He might have still lost his job if they were swept, but no excuse for not winning one game when Indiana was able to win three.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

What really hurt Casey is that Indiana took the Cavs to seven games in the first round. LeBron had won, I believe, 21 straight first round games between Miami and Cleveland until the game 1 loss against Indiana. After that series you thought they might be vulnerable and that Toronto had a chance, which make the sweep look even worse. He might have still lost his job if they were swept, but no excuse for not winning one game when Indiana was able to win three.

Casey allowed for too much one on one and iso play ... Ujiri has said he wants more ball movement and flow ... aka Spurs ball ... aka Bud ball ... 

Maybe we will look at Nick Nurse and in the end might get something about of Bud after all should he end up in Toronto.  That is pretty brutal for Casey and good gosh the pressure to succeed instantly is going to be on for Bud or whomever ends up there.  If James stays in the East, this job might be fools gold in terms of stability.

15 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So Bud is the leading candidate in Milwaukee and Toronto even though he hasn't interview with either?:blink:

Good point.  That said, while utterly conjecture, it would not shock me if Bud had a pretty good idea of where he stood with the Bucks prior to how the Knicks search played out.  What happened with the Raptors just makes his position darn near perfect as at minimum he could play one off the other.

Bud is a known quantity and I would think interviews are less important than for a younger and less accomplished candidate.  So I suppose that I think he is the leading candidate for at least the Bucks.  No doubt there are Vegas odds and I would guess likewise that Bud is odds on fave for Milwaukee.

Edited by Jungle Jack

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Jungle Jack said:

Good point.  That said, while utterly conjecture, it would not shock me if Bud had a pretty good idea of where he stood with the Bucks prior to how the Knicks search played out.  What happened with the Raptors just makes his position darn near perfect as at minimum he could play both of the other.

Bud is a known quantity and I would think interviews are less important than for a younger and less accomplished candidate.  So I suppose that I think he is the leading candidate for at least the Bucks.  No doubt there are Vegas odds and I would guess likewise that Bud is odds on fave for Milwaukee.

So they aren't worried that he will be hired somewhere else if they don't get him in soon?