• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk is back up, Welcome to the Bagley Zone

NBASupes

• Premium Member

Atlanta Hawks general manager Travis Schlenk joined The Morning Show with John and Hugh Tuesday to talk about his preparation for the NBA Draft and the Playoffs.

On the Conference Finals games being somewhat lopsided: “With the 3-point shot becoming so much a part of the game you’re seeing teams get hot, you’re going to see a lot more lopsided scores.”

The big thing with the combine now is that most of the top draftees don't play.

"It's still a good opportunity to get to see some of those younger guys as they try to establish themselves and their draft postion," said the Hawks GM.

Meanwhile, Georgia Tech got some bad news with Josh Okogie leaving the program. Are some players taking flyers and leaving too early when they receive that Combine invite?

"There's only going to be 60 guys drafted," said Schlenk. "We had over 260 underclassmen put their name in. So that means there's roughly 200 people that are getting bad advice or could've made a bad decision. A lot of those guy could also backout of the draft. But if you get invited to the combine, there are only 70 guys there so you'd like to think you have a chance of getting drafted."

• Like 2

On 5/16/2018 at 11:50 AM, NBASupes said:

NBASupes ranking: #1 prospect.

Long term comparison: Hybrid of Chris Bosh/Rodman/Westbrook.

Skill-set is similar to GT Bosh. Bigger and stronger than GT Bosh.

Effort, rebounding ability, and motor is similar to Rodman. His defense could develop into a Rodman like impact with much need to improve his technique which is pretty bad right now. He has a lot of defensive talent but he has a lot of work to do as hes just not a good defender at this stage.

Athletic ability for position is extremely rare and most comparable to Russell Westbrook. 

Hes clearly going to have to improve defensively but he is the best offensive prospect from a big man in the last 20 years. He will contend MVPs and help this team get to glory.

Let's go Hawks!

Hold up supes...back the train up..

SKUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTT

You don’t see my Tom Chambers, Amare or Sheed comparisons to Bagley, but then you compare him to Russell Westbrook? WTF?....

As the kids say...Dem bars’ll getcha..

My BPA:

1-Ayton

2-Bagley

3-Doncic

4-Porter

5-Bamba

6-Young

7-JJJ

If we take one of the first 4, I will feel like we went BPA. If we take one of the 5 - 7 picks, I will feel like we are reaching.

• Like 1

I like mo bamba but serious question...do you need a true center in the nba to actually win it all?

I mean Gobert is an awesome defender and will likely win DPOY probably or come in second being very close but let’s be honest unless the Jazz put more offense around Gobert he’s not going to be much more than he is now and this team will more than likely stay a second round exit playoff team.

this is just another offense vs defense war when you’re talking about drafting Mo Bamba. Again like him a lot but defensively gifted players can be neutralized easier than offensive gifted players. At the end of the day it’s about what you put around them kinda like 2011 mavs with Tyson Chandler but is that true center a real need ???? I say no, not at all.

theres not enough Embiids in the game where you need the presence of a Gobert. And I get these talented defensive bigs have shown that they can switch on the perimeter but you’re playing fools gold if you think an elite defensive center can slow down the elite small groups like the warriors, rockets, & even previous lebron and Kyrie teams.

so I’m not that high on defensive good players in college...I want a once in an era scorer ...that guy may be Trae Young or Porter Jr. could even be bagley or Ayton 

IF YOU CANT SCORE IN THE NBA WITH THE BEST OF THEM I DONT CARE HOW STACKED DEFENSIVELY YOUR TEAM IS...YOU WILL LOSE EVERY TIME.

we have a better chance making the finals with a highly powered offense than a highly powered jazz like defensive unit. Truth hurts but it is what it is 

Edited by JTB

• Admin

if you want a Bamba ... don't waste 3 on him (he is a complete unknown which scares me and I think has the least potential of all the top 6-8 guys ranked in the first round) ... just sign Noel to a semi-reasonable contract.  He is young and does the same thing as Bamba.  That way we use 3 on a guy who will bring more to the table

• Like 2

On 5/22/2018 at 2:02 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Why are they holding hands?  

Edited by Watchman
Picture did not xfer. Copy & paste fixed it.
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

if you want a bamba ... don't waste 3 on him (he is a complete unknown and scares me and I think has the least potential of all the top 6-7 guys in the first) ... just sign Noel to a semi-resonable contract.  He is young and does the same thing as Bamba.  That way we use 3 on a guy who will bring more to the table

I agree or just resign Dedmon. There are four players in this draft who will be ROY contenders. Ayton, Bagley, Doncic, or Porter. We need one of those four. Drafting a project or for position of need should not be an option.

The more I listen to Michael Porter the more I like him. He could be the Embiid of this draft with a lot less of a delay on him getting on a NBA floor.

• Like 1

• Admin
Just now, Buzzard said:

I agree or just resign Dedmon. There are four players in this draft who will be ROY contenders. Ayton, Bagley, Doncic, or Porter. We need one of those four. Drafting a project or for position of need should not be an option.

The more I listen to Michael Porter the more I like him. He could be the Embiid of this draft with a lot less of a delay on him getting on a NBA floor.

I have a feeling about Porter as well ... he was skyhight before the injury and he is motivated to prove himself

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I have a feeling about Porter as well ... he was skyhight before the injury and he is motivated to prove himself

Same here. We interviewed him in Chicago and hope like hell he works out well when he comes to town. He can play SF and is taller and has a longer reach and wingspan than John Collins. That is the type of mismatch we need. He said he is 100% and will go all out in work outs; as well as providing all his medical records.

Go Hawks!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Same here. We interviewed him in Chicago and hope like hell he works out well when he comes to town. He can play SF and is taller and has a longer reach and wingspan than John Collins. That is the type of mismatch we need. He said he is 100% and will go all out in work outs; as well as providing all his medical records.

Go Hawks!

I’m actually hoping we draft him. I want a damn potential lethal scorer with that top pick! Nothing else

Just now, JTB said:

I’m actually hoping we draft him. I want a damn potential lethal scorer with that top pick! Nothing else

If we do draft him, I have to believe it is because he had a hell of a work out and his medical looked very good. Travis needs to keep his draft track record with Collins and Dorsey rolling!

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

If we do draft him, I have to believe it is because he had a hell of a work out and his medical looked very good. Travis needs to keep his draft track record with Collins and Dorsey rolling!

Yeah likely that will be the case but man we need to be able to score first with every one and depend on Lloyd’s hopeful defensive geniusness to have this team rolling.

i don’t get why some on this board want to create a defensive Utah like powerhouse over a offensive one. 

Tired of not having a team that can get automatic buckets. Offense is harder to find than defense and it’s more reliable or the jazz would still be in the playoffs today.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yeah likely that will be the case but man we need to be able to score first with every one and depend on Lloyd’s hopeful defensive geniusness to have this team rolling.

i don’t get why some on this board want to create a defensive Utah like powerhouse over a offensive one. 

Tired of not having a team that can get automatic buckets. Offense is harder to find than defense and it’s more reliable or the jazz would still be in the playoffs today.

I agree and one only has to look at the Heat to see how a great defense and no offense can make you a mediocre playoff team. Give me KAT over Whiteside at the max all day long.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 5/19/2018 at 4:37 PM, KB21 said:

A Bagley/Collins combo would be nightmarishly bad on defense, and they will get into each other's way on offense.  That due does not fit together at all.

In that case Collins needs to go.  

• Like 1