• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk is back up, Welcome to the Bagley Zone

NBASupes

• Premium Member

Just going on the topic here, I still have to work around some links to get here. My original bookmark still isn’t working. @lethalweapon3 @AHF @PSSSHHHRRR87, anything we can do on the money side? I remember Dolf saying we were low on funds. Glad to see the Squawk is back somewhat. I don’t post as much as everyone here (mainly because I don’t like arguing) but I’ve been around for 10 or so years and would hate to see this site go down!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

Just going on the topic here, I still have to work around some links to get here. My original bookmark still isn’t working. @lethalweapon3 @AHF @PSSSHHHRRR87, anything we can do on the money side? I remember Dolf saying we were low on funds. Glad to see the Squawk is back somewhat. I don’t post as much as everyone here (mainly because I don’t like arguing) but I’ve been around for 10 or so years and would hate to see this site go down!

I agree.  Do we need to pass the collection plate? 

• Moderators

Hey folks!

Not much we Mods can do on our end right now. Admin has been aware of the problem (tied to file space limitations) for a couple days and is actively working toward a solution. It's more a technical problem than cash flow, although the donations (once the link comes back up) sure won't hurt!

~lw3

So..since I can’t post this elsewhere...What do you guys think we can package to Cleveland for their pick ? Maybe Dedmon (good defender/floor spacer), Bazemore (good floor spacer/athletic wing/good defender), and our mid-1st for their #8 and Tristan Thompson. They fill a big need adding Dedmon and improve defensively with Baze. They also get rid of Thompson’s albatross of a contract. We get a high value pick with players available who can help this team in the long term. I’ve waited 3 days to post this lol.

Edited by EazyRoc

• Admin
So..since I can’t post this elsewhere...What do you guys think we can package to Cleveland for their pick ? Maybe Dedmon (good defender/floor spacer), Bazemore (good floor spacer/athletic wing/good defender), and our mid-1st for their #8 and Tristan Thompson. They fill a big need adding Dedmon and improve defensively with Baze. They also get rid of Thompson’s albatross of a contract. We get a high value pick with players available who can help this team in the long term. I’ve waited 3 days to post this lol.

The pick was basically the prize for Irving ... I don’t think that package is enough to pry that from them ... dedmon will probably opt out and it’s not a reward to take on Bazmore’s contract. Prob a potential realistic trade would be Dennis to PHX for knight and 15 ... we can then maybe package either 15 or 17 and 30 to Clipps for 12 ... that way we have 3 (bagley) ... 12 (SGA Kentucky pg) and 17 for Smith or best player available... 34 Grayson Allen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

No way Cleveland would do that.  They either want one of the PGs ( Young or Sexton ) . . or a wing defender.

On 5/16/2018 at 2:50 PM, NBASupes said:

NBASupes ranking: #1 prospect.

Long term comparison: Hybrid of Chris Bosh/Rodman/Westbrook.

Skill-set is similar to GT Bosh. Bigger and stronger than GT Bosh.

Effort, rebounding ability, and motor is similar to Rodman. His defense could develop into a Rodman like impact with much need to improve his technique which is pretty bad right now. He has a lot of defensive talent but he has a lot of work to do as hes just not a good defender at this stage.

Athletic ability for position is extremely rare and most comparable to Russell Westbrook. 

Hes clearly going to have to improve defensively but he is the best offensive prospect from a big man in the last 20 years. He will contend MVPs and help this team get to glory.

Let's go Hawks!

I think his comparisons to Bosh are accurate enough. To be honest, if anyone but the Kings were picking ahead of us. I think Bagley would go #2. Vlade will do all the lobbying he can to convince Vivek to take Doncic. Last year they drafted Fox while passing on Markkanen and Smith. Vlade is not the best judge of talent in my opinion. Quite honestly, this may work out better for us even though I like Doncic.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No way Cleveland would do that.  They either want one of the PGs ( Young or Sexton ) . . or a wing defender.

If we could send them Dennis ( and maybe Bazemore ) plus #19 or Dennis ( and maybe Bazemore ) with 31 and 34, they would possibly blink. All that is dependent on whether they are convinced Bron is staying.

Unless his work outs are horrible, I don't think Trae is dropping to them but maybe Sexton is.

Edited by Buzzard

Memphis open to trading #4. Most Hawks fans bashed me for this and rightfully so but what about 

Bazemore/Prince/Collins/33rd for Parsons/4

I think this might be the best offer for Memphis. Toronto could offer DeRozan for Parsons and 4 but this offer gives them a quality starter at 2-4 to go with Conley and Gasol. It also gives them the 33rd pick to go with 32nd. That could be valuable for a team that wants to compete in the playoffs. Also, Collins has three years on his deal. Prince and Bazemore have two years so it gives Memphis a sound core. 

Obviously, this depletes our talent pool but gives us a chance to draft Bagley 3rd and whichever center we like 4th. Bamba for example for me. 

We still would have 20 million if Dedmon and Moose opt-in and 33 million if they opt out. 

That will give us room to trade with Denver for the 14th pick. Move up and get Collin Sexton. 

Gives us a core of: Bamba, Sexton and Bagley. With two more years of the rebuild.

16 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think his comparisons to Bosh are accurate enough. To be honest, if anyone but the Kings were picking ahead of us. I think Bagley would go #2. Vlade will do all the lobbying he can to convince Vivek to take Doncic. Last year they drafted Fox while passing on Markkanen and Smith. Vlade is not the best judge of talent in my opinion. Quite honestly, this may work out better for us even though I like Doncic.

They made the right decision passing on them for Fox. But Fox is not a playmaker. They need Fox but they also need a legit creator for others especially WCS. 

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They made the right decision passing on them for Fox. But Fox is not a playmaker. They need Fox but they also need a legit creator for others especially WCS. 

I think Smith is going to blow up next season and Markkanen is a legit stretch big. I am not sold on Fox yet. 

29 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Memphis open to trading #4. Most Hawks fans bashed me for this and rightfully so but what about 

Bazemore/Prince/Collins/33rd for Parsons/4

I think this might be the best offer for Memphis. Toronto could offer DeRozan for Parsons and 4 but this offer gives them a quality starter at 2-4 to go with Conley and Gasol. It also gives them the 33rd pick to go with 32nd. That could be valuable for a team that wants to compete in the playoffs. Also, Collins has three years on his deal. Prince and Bazemore have two years so it gives Memphis a sound core. 

Obviously, this depletes our talent pool but gives us a chance to draft Bagley 3rd and whichever center we like 4th. Bamba for example for me. 

We still would have 20 million if Dedmon and Moose opt-in and 33 million if they opt out. 

That will give us room to trade with Denver for the 14th pick. Move up and get Collin Sexton. 

Gives us a core of: Bamba, Sexton and Bagley. With two more years of the rebuild.

Not in a million years. Collins rookie production warrants a late lottery pick by himself. Prince showed a lot of promise in ( fixed ) March and April shooting over .400 from three. That is a 20 game stretch that he did that. I think those two players are a big part of our future.

Edited by Buzzard

9 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Not in a million years. Collins rookie production warrants a late lottery pick by himself. Prince showed a lot of promise in ( fixed ) March and April shooting over .400 from three. That is a 20 game stretch that he did that. I think those two players are a big part of our future.

Like I said, I know it's a bad deal for us. But hear me out. Bamba might be transcendent which I already think Bagley will be and you get to place him with Bagley. That covers our frontcourt for the next 12-15 years. We still have flexibility. We can literally trade the 19 for the 14/Faried. We can literally flip 14 and 30 for 10 or 11 for Sexton. We still have money to where if a team like Phoenix needed some cap to get a max player, we can get T.J. Warren for free. We have a lot of flexibility. 

Sorry but as much as I love Baze production when he started playing within himself, Prince at the 2nd half of the year and Collins play in general says he has all-star potential. I am not sold on this core being championship caliber with or without Bagley. But I am more open to that if I have something like Bagley/Bamba frontcourt and an attacker from the perimeter like Sexton. That makes it easy moving forward to get 3/D wings. That's what could win championships and many. 

Think about it. 

In five years: 

Sexton

3/D wing w/ size

3/D wing w/ size

Bagley

Bamba 

That's extremely athletic ability with great ability to cover ground, a leader who's a pitbull in Sexton and an elite scorer in Bagley and Gobert with a jumpshot in Bamba. That will be extremely hard to stop. 

I know for a fact that Memphis will win the deal for about 3 years. 

Conley is one of the best PG's in the NBA. Makes it easy for everyone. Bazemore is an excellent cutter and now that he's playing within himself, he doesn't overdo it like he used to. Prince is basically Black Hedo T. He went from the hype of 3/D to really being a 20/5/5 threat who's a playmaker with marginal defense to boot. Far cry from the 3/D hype. Collins who is already on an path of potential 2-3 time all-star career will play with one of the best setup men in the NBA in Gasol and Conley. His job will be a lot easier and he will be a 20/10 threat with Memphis. 

Look, I get it, I am helping turn Memphis into a 50+ win team next year. I know. But damn, we gotta do what's best for us. A combination of Bagley/Bamba could have championship goals especially if we can land Sexton which I think is highly possible since many teams want the wings around 8-10 and only one team wants a PG in the top 10 and that's Orlando who likes Young. I am telling you guys. This won't help us in 2019 but in 2022. This will lead us to the NBA Finals. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Like I said, I know it's a bad deal for us. But hear me out. Bamba might be transcendent which I already think Bagley will be and you get to place him with Bagley. That covers our frontcourt for the next 12-15 years. We still have flexibility. We can literally trade the 19 for the 14/Faried. We can literally flip 14 and 30 for 10 or 11 for Sexton. We still have money to where if a team like Phoenix needed some cap to get a max player, we can get T.J. Warren for free. We have a lot of flexibility. 

Sorry but as much as I love Baze production when he started playing within himself, Prince at the 2nd half of the year and Collins play in general says he has all-star potential. I am not sold on this core being championship caliber with or without Bagley. But I am more open to that if I have something like Bagley/Bamba frontcourt and an attacker from the perimeter like Sexton. That makes it easy moving forward to get 3/D wings. That's what could win championships and many. 

Think about it. 

In five years: 

Sexton

3/D wing w/ size

3/D wing w/ size

Bagley

Bamba 

That's extremely athletic ability with great ability to cover ground, a leader who's a pitbull in Sexton and an elite scorer in Bagley and Gobert with a jumpshot in Bamba. That will be extremely hard to stop. 

I know for a fact that Memphis will win the deal for about 3 years. 

Conley is one of the best PG's in the NBA. Makes it easy for everyone. Bazemore is an excellent cutter and now that he's playing within himself, he doesn't overdo it like he used to. Prince is basically Black Hedo T. He went from the hype of 3/D to really being a 20/5/5 threat who's a playmaker with marginal defense to boot. Far cry from the 3/D hype. Collins who is already on an path of potential 2-3 time all-star career will play with one of the best setup men in the NBA in Gasol and Conley. His job will be a lot easier and he will be a 20/10 threat with Memphis. 

Look, I get it, I am helping turn Memphis into a 50+ win team next year. I know. But damn, we gotta do what's best for us. A combination of Bagley/Bamba could have championship goals especially if we can land Sexton which I think is highly possible since many teams want the wings around 8-10 and only one team wants a PG in the top 10 and that's Orlando who likes Young. I am telling you guys. This won't help us in 2019 but in 2022. This will lead us to the NBA Finals. 

That would require some serious kahoonas from Schlenk. That’s a steep cost to obtain that 4 pick. I like prince and Collins but would consider it. If you moved up for Sexton would you keep Dennis.

1 minute ago, Vol4ever said:

Getting Bagley and Bamba would be pretty damn good.  I hope we unload Dennis.  

Would be nice but I don’t see the benefit of having bagley and bamba with no future pg or wing to pair them with. 

I rather have bagley and porter jr. but if we have to pick a center I will take Collins over bamba.