• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I am going against the consensus

Wurider05

My gut is telling me that we need to draft Mo Bamba. I have seen some of this highlights and interviews. He comes across as being very intelligent. I think that with Collins as the PF and with him as the center we could be a force to reckon with. Bagley is a hell of a player but I got a feeling that Bamba may end up being the best player in this draft.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

Bamba has given me pause before the workouts even. If we draft him I won't be upset, though I've got him behind Doncic and Bagley. I do prefer Bamba to Ayton.

I'm happy with either one. lol. (Doncic,Bagley,Ayton,orBamba)But I really only want Doncic if we plan on moving Dennis. Cant see them coexisting...But hey, Ive been wrong before..

Edited by terrell

100% agree, we have to take Bamba if Doncic is gone. I use to be all for Bagley but he and Collins together makes no sense. Bamba has the size to be a true Center, he defends and his offensive potential is there. Only thing Bagley has on him is more polished offense, that's it.

Glad the Squawk is back up. I was going through withdrawal. I think Porter Jr is my guy which is definitely not consensus, but after watching a couple of decades of hawks basketball I realize having a true alpha dog with number one scoring ability is mission critical. Michael Porter JR is the best scorer in this class and it's really not that close. He can shoot when he comes in the gym and scores at all three levels, is very explosive around the basket and should require a double team.  Can shoot off pin downs dribble pullups, can fade, can post,  can fade from post. Bud would have had a field day with this guy. 

Unless the doctor's telling me he only has a two year career I'm taking him. I'm not worried about his back giving out 10 years from now,  I would rather have 5 years of Alpha then a Al Horford player for 15 years. 

If we are rebuilding it should be to get a ring or what are we doing? Porter is the type of piece hardest to find.   He's the type of player the last core never found. His back injury is a blessing because he would be gone if he didn't have it. According to this article the injury may impact his year 1, but year 2 players recover fully. That's also helps us maximize next year's pick Sixers style. 

https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2018/5/17/17337374/michael-porter-jr-injury-history-nba-draft-2018-missouri

• Like 3

On 5/18/2018 at 1:37 PM, Wurider05 said:

My gut is telling me that we need to draft Mo Bamba. I have seen some of this highlights and interviews. He comes across as being very intelligent. I think that with Collins as the PF and with him as the center we could be a force to reckon with. Bagley is a hell of a player but I got a feeling that Bamba may end up being the best player in this draft.

What I'm hoping we do is draft Bagley and then trade down to get either Mo or Micheal Porter.

My Reason... Mo does everything I like to see my Center do. REB, play good defense and BLOCK SHOTS! Those are missing from so many centers, in today's NBA. Some who can do it don't because they get hooked on the 3pt shot:dry:

I want Porter because before the season started he was known as the #1 player. I think he still is that good. It's just that the injury has hurt his ranking. I truly don't think we could go wrong with any of these players. 

I watched Bagley. I tried my best to see what others saw in him and I just don't see it.

Oh and I'm SOOOOO happy to see the board back up and running:biggrin:

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

1 hour ago, ATLien_ said:

Glad the Squawk is back up. I was going through withdrawal. I think Porter Jr is my guy which is definitely not consensus, but after watching a couple of decades of hawks basketball I realize having a true alpha dog with number one scoring ability is mission critical. Michael Porter JR is the best scorer in this class and it's really not that close. He can shoot when he comes in the gym and scores at all three levels, is very explosive around the basket and should require a double team.  Can shoot off pin downs dribble pullups, can fade, can post,  can fade from post. Bud would have had a field day with this guy. 

Unless the doctor's telling me he only has a two year career I'm taking him. I'm not worried about his back giving out 10 years from now,  I would rather have 5 years of Alpha then a Al Horford player for 15 years. 

If we are rebuilding it should be to get a ring or what are we doing? Porter is the type of piece hardest to find.   He's the type of player the last core never found. His back injury is a blessing because he would be gone if he didn't have it. According to this article the injury may impact his year 1, but year 2 players recover fully. That's also helps us maximize next year's pick Sixers style. 

https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2018/5/17/17337374/michael-porter-jr-injury-history-nba-draft-2018-missouri

I agree totally. I think Porter is our 2014 Joel Embiid (somewhat)... He was the best player in that draft. When he got injured and the Sixers drafted him, I said... Wow, they just got very lucky.

I think Porter can be that way for the Hawks, if they get him. 

1 hour ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

I agree totally. I think Porter is our 2014 Joel Embiid (somewhat)... He was the best player in that draft. When he got injured and the Sixers drafted him, I said... Wow, they just got very lucky.

I think Porter can be that way for the Hawks, if they get him. 

There's the saying scared money don't make no money. Scared money makes you take Shelden Williams over Brandon Roy. Would you rather of had 5 years of Brandon Roy? Hell we might of won a ring in his 5 years. It also makes you talk about how you're worried about Chris Paul's size and injury history and convinces you to take Marvin Williams. If Travis Schlenk is scared he's needs to go to church. I want them to find the piece most likely to be a #1 on a championship team. If they feel none of those players are available then you look for a number 2 and a defensive anchor. Those are next two most critical championship components.  We had all the other parts before, and it never lead to a ring because we didn't have a number 1. This rebuild is mental masturbation if we aren't doing everything to find a true #1. 

Edited by ATLien_
Type o
  • Like 3

I'm with you @ATLien_.  Pick the guy you envision being an alpha-type.  If'n he ain't there, get a guy who can be a DPOY.  For me, Porter has the combination of linth and shooting that could develop into a Durant-type.  That's the pick for me as of right now.  Next for me would be Bamba.

Let ORL take T. Young then realize after a couple years that he's more Seth Curry than Steph Curry.

• Like 1

Who cares if sounds intelligent and is mature for his age?  That has no bearing on his lack of an offensive game.  He’s a project and needs work.  You don’t draft a project at number 3 overall unless you want to be picking at number 3 the following year.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Alex said:

Who cares if sounds intelligent and is mature for his age?  That has no bearing on his lack of an offensive game.  He’s a project and needs work.  You don’t draft a project at number 3 overall unless you want to be picking at number 3 the following year.

Whattup Sparty.

Agree with your sentiment.  It's about what he does/can be on the court first and foremost.  The whole sounding intelligent/mature stuff is icing though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

I'm with you @ATLien_.  Pick the guy you envision being an alpha-type.  If'n he ain't there, get a guy who can be a DPOY.  For me, Porter has the combination of linth and shooting that could develop into a Durant-type.  That's the pick for me as of right now.  Next for me would be Bamba.

Let ORL take T. Young then realize after a couple years that he's more Seth Curry than Steph Curry.

I really like Bamba. While some think he will bust I see him as one of the surest things in this draft. In my mind I would be very surprised if he isn't a DPOY candidate by year 3 or 4 and the rest of his career there forward. He is rail thin and will struggle against real bangers early, but lucky for him the league is full of big guys that want to be Reggie Miller and are anemic to contact and the paint. I actually think Bamba will end up being a pretty good offensive player. He has good form on his jumper, and just needs repetition. He already shoots it much better than Deandre Jordan, Gobert and Clint Capella, hell even Ben Simmons. He is going to reek havoc on the floor because he's way quicker than Gobert and will alter tons of shots, and rebounds like a maniac. Even if his offense never develops that's an extremely valuable player to have. I guess I'm saying even at his floor Bamba is a valuable piece on a championship team. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I’m afraid to ask who Alex wants..

imagejpeg