• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mo Bamba Comparison

Hawk88

6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

As I said, if we draft him I hope he succeeds. But I am not feeling it; and with all the trade down rumors floating around, I am not sure Schelnk is sold on him either.

Now it is time for 10,000th Schlenk bash; so go ahead and reply.

Oh, Schlenk is an idiot that will take Marvin Bagley because he knows Bagley can't help the team win anytime soon.

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Oh, Schlenk is an idiot that will take Marvin Bagley because he knows Bagley can't help the team win anytime soon.

I am a idiot as well as 1/2 this board is. Thanks for that side handed swipe. I hope Bagley is there but I am having my doubts now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

The Marvin Williams thing taught me a lesson that shapes my player evaluations now.  Potential means absolutely nothing, therefore, I rely upon skills that are already apparent in these players now and evaluate them based on what they can do now.  It's foolish to rely on a player developing skills they don't currently have when they get to the NBA.  Marvin Bagley is the Marvin Williams pick of this draft.  Everything you say about him is something that has to be developed.  He has to develop his jump shot.  He has to develop his ball handling.  He has to develop his off the dribble game.  He has to develop his defense.  With JJJ, you have a guy who can jump right into the NBA defending and shooting jumpers.  With Bamba, again, you are hoping he develops skills that he has not shown in game to this point in his career.  

I favor Doncic and JJJ because they are the players that can step in right now and play without hurting the team.  Bagley will be so awful defensively that he will be a net negative as a rookie.  Bamba will be a net negative offensively.  JJJ will be a positive both offensively and defensively.  

LOL. You just couldn't help yourself could you when you know damn well JJJ is exactly the same type of mentality, coordination but worse, gifted, skill-level as Marvin Williams.

Stop lying on Bagley. Hes the Durant of this draft in terms of offensive production. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yes, I have.  Also, straight from The Stepien's write up on him:

It doesn't sound like you have at all. Also from Stepien's write up on him:

Has foundational coordination as a ball-handler. Can start the break in grab-and-go fashion in transition at high speeds with the agility to euro-step in big spaces and decelerate.

Ideal modern five ball-handler being able to attack less agile bigs in face up situations in space with a plus first step and quick-hitting spin moves working off jab steps.

Advanced footwork overall, both in the post via drop steps and getting into his shot off the hop or the 1-2 mostly on balance.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You actually think Bagley is going to be able to create for himself when he can't dribble and can only go to his left hand?

Yes. I strongly believe he will. He can always improve his weak hand. Many players have. The few who haven't did not have the first step or quickness therefore, handles was much more important for them. But Westbrook was an one handed dribbler for his 1st three seasons and no one could stay in front of him. 

My Bagley blow by v. DeRozan as a HS SR in the Drew League is all you need to see to know no one will be able to stay in front of him. No one in college could. 

41 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Joel Embiid only played 23.2 MPG.   

Embiid came into the season raw and a non starter. By the middle of the season, he got starter minutes. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/joel-embiid-1/gamelog/9999/

Jaren minutes was consistently, inconsistent which isn't how Izzo uses his bench players. Clearly that Izzo is using him like a young Marvin Williams. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/jaren-jacksonjr-1/gamelog/9999/

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He would only be an idiot if he takes Mr. 25/10/5 Jr

Three more weeks for Schlenk and Pierce to make us exciting to watch again! Schröder is our wild card. Without a good point guard, we will be hard to watch even with a great pick this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Three more weeks for Schlenk and Pierce to make us exciting to watch again! Schröder is our wild card. Without a good point guard, we will be hard to watch even with a great pick this year.

Agreed 

34 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He would only be an idiot if he takes Mr. 25/10/5 Jr

You continue to show how ***EXCEPTIONALLY BRILLIANT*** you are with your inference that there are any similarities at all between JJJ and Marvin Williams.

20 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You continue to show how ***EXCEPTIONALLY BRILLIANT*** you are with your inference that there are any similarities at all between JJJ and Marvin Williams.

Hey hey hey, lw3 said we have to play nice Mr...

And of course hes Marvin Jr, that's why you like him so much until you eventually turn on him as well. 

21 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You continue to show how ***EXCEPTIONALLY BRILLIANT*** you are with your inference that there are any similarities at all between JJJ and Marvin Williams.

You are the one who thought Marvin would be great. Therefore you drew the similarities first. Now, what does that say about your IQ?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You continue to show how ***REALLY EXCEPTIONALLY BRILLIANT*** you are with your inference that there are any similarities at all between JJJ and Marvin Williams.

Both are very very poor at creating their own shots. Both of them came off the bench because there were better players in front of them. There’s some real similarities.

• Like 3

Like I keep saying, Marvin Williams was a better prospect than JJJ. He even consistently played a similar amount of minutes. Goes to show you Roy saw Marvin as a key backup which is what he was. Izzo treated JJJ like hes Ronald Murray. Just rides the hot hand. That's problematic KB.

https://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/marvin-williams-4-player-game-log

17 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Don't Get Triple-Asterisked!

~lw3

Lw3, look at potential Hawk Michael Beasley talking about his per36 and that he is Melo. That per40/per36. Its currency is gold.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/09/19/michael-beasley-im-literally-just-carmelo-on-the-left-side-of-the-floor/

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Lw3, look at potential Hawk Michael Beasley talking about his per36 and that he is Melo. That per40/per36. Its currency is gold.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/09/19/michael-beasley-im-literally-just-carmelo-on-the-left-side-of-the-floor/

To be fair, on the court, a lot of us scrubs are basically Michael Beasley per-36!

~lw3

1 minute ago, lethalweapon3 said:

To be fair, on the court, a lot of us scrubs are basically Michael Beasley per-36!

~lw3

The scoring types generally are. Remember Jamals per36. They tried to say he was better than Joe because of it.