• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mo Bamba Comparison

Hawk88

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

You cant keep saying Bagley can't shoot when the stats say otherwise. The only thing you can say is he needs to improve from the FT line

Yes I can, particularly when his shooting percentage is based upon a low volume of shots.  Plus, your free throw percentage is an excellent indicator of your future shooting potential overall.  

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Yes I can, particularly when his shooting percentage is based upon a low volume of shots.  Plus, your free throw percentage is an excellent indicator of your future shooting potential overall.  

He shoots a lot more shots in general than JJJ. JJJ just takes more threes. 

Yep, that's why MJ and LeBron are all time great while Marvin Williams and Sam Perkins peaked in college.

I like JJJ, but KB21, why do you hold Bagley's hype against him? He's played well every level he's been on. There's no reason to say he won't be successful in the NBA too.

With JJJ, he hasn't showed an ability to create his own shot, and he hasn't shown an alpha dog mentality either. He can develop these things but it would be the same as drafting Marvin and hoping he changes. I wouldn't be mad if we drafted him, but I do think Bagley is a better player right now.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

JJJ couldn't even get on the floor when his team needed him the most. If his own college team couldn't trust him, why should we?

Yeah, I wonder what his BPM was in the tournament!

• Like 1

If Bagley had plus length than I would be all over the pick. He has Collins length with nowhere near the athletic ability.

On the other spectrum, a 7 footer with 7-10 wingspan, nearly 9-8 standing reach. Mobile with NBA range. I mean he tippy toes to touch the rim. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Kimsey said:

If Bagley had plus length than I would be all over the pick. He has Collins length with nowhere near the athletic ability.

So if he isn't the athlete John Collins is then how did he outscore and outrebound John? Is he that more skilled than John accounting for superior success?

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So if he isn't the athlete John Collins is then how did he outscore and outrebound John? Is he that more skilled than John accounting for superior success?

Yeah.  One problem with that is that he didn't outscore and outrebound John Collins during their similar age seasons:

John Collins: 28.8 P/40, 14.8 R/40, 0.658 TS, 0.622 eFG%, 29.9 USG

Marvin Bagley: 24.9 P/40, 13.1 R/40, 0.643 TS, 0.640 eFG%, 26.3 USG

• Like 1

I don’t care if Bagley has 12 inch long arms...my eyes tell me he’s going to be better than JJJ. Don’t F this up Hawks..take Bagley at 3 and be happy. I don’t wanna mess it up by overthinking. Bagley has produced since 2013....I hadn’t even heard of JJJ till last year...I’m going Bagley/Bamba.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yeah.  One problem with that is that he didn't outscore and outrebound John Collins during their similar age seasons:

John Collins: 28.8 P/40, 14.8 R/40, 0.658 TS, 0.622 eFG%, 29.9 USG

Marvin Bagley: 24.9 P/40, 13.1 R/40, 0.643 TS, 0.640 eFG%, 26.3 USG

You are not slick at all lol putting the Per 40 averages and true shooting percentages rather than just posting up the actual numbers they put up. Even the fact it's John Collins sophomore year versus Marvin Bagley's freshman is deceptive. If you aren't going to tell the whole story don't just tell the side that supports your argument.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Flight said:

You are not slick at all lol putting the Per 40 averages and true shooting percentages rather than just posting up the actual numbers they put up. Even the fact it's John Collins sophomore year versus Marvin Bagley's freshman is deceptive. If you aren't going to tell the whole story don't just tell the side that supports your argument.

John Collins was the same age during his sophomore season as Bagley is now, and that's a point those of you who think Bagley is the best prospect of all time want to ignore.  The he's just a freshman crap.  He's older than JJJ.

28 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t care if Bagley has 12 inch long arms...ESPN tells me he’s going to be better than JJJ. Don’t F this up Hawks..take Bagley at 3 and be happy. I don’t wanna mess it up by overthinking. Bagley has produced since 2013....I hadn’t even heard of JJJ till last year...I’m going Bagley/Bamba.

I fixed that comment for you.

14 minutes ago, KB21 said:

John Collins was the same age during his sophomore season as Bagley is now, and that's a point those of you who think Bagley is the best prospect of all time want to ignore.  The he's just a freshman crap.  He's older than JJJ.

Nah it was good...focus on fixing some of ur own stuff. So JJJ has one highlight...you want a cookie?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Nah it was good...focus on fixing some of ur own stuff. So JJJ has one highlight...you want a cookie?

Spoken like a person who has never truly watched Jaren Jackson Jr play, which is the case with everyone who wants to downgrade his prospect worthiness.  You also haven't seen Marvin Bagley either.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Nope Bagley was 18 as a freshman and Collins was 19 as a college sophomore.

And I dont listen to anything ESPN says so that makes your comment irrelevant. 

• Like 1