• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mo Bamba Comparison

Hawk88

11 hours ago, KB21 said:

Again, you have two non shooting bigs trying to fit them together.  You will destroy the spacing of the offense.  That doesn't even take into account that Bamba is a net zero offensively.

The decision on this pick should be easy.  If Doncic isn't there, you take Jaren Jackson Jr.  JJJ is by far the best fit along side John Collins, and he's a better prospect than Bagley/Bamba as well.

Bagley is the superior prospect to either Bamba or JJJ. JJJ/Collins are two foul prone bigs...something I don’t like. Plus JJJ screams the next Noah Vonleh to me.

Bagley is a potential superstar but I’m starting to get worried he goes #2.

• Like 3

• Admin

Nerlans Noel is the comparison for Bamba ... we could easily get him in free agency and not waste a pick on Bamba ... it comes down to Bagley or Doncic at 3 ... otherwise u look at JJJ or Porter ...  3 is way to high for Bamba.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

Bagley is the superior prospect to either Bamba or JJJ. JJJ/Collins are two foul prone bigs...something I don’t like. Plus JJJ screams the next Noah Vonleh to me.

JJJ=Vonleh

yeah way to close to me. And who wants to wait 3 years on JJJ.

It's really scary that Bamba is being mentioned as a top 3 pick.  His measurables area great, but just watching him play I'm not seeing being that kind of impact player down the road. In today's NBA, using a top 5 pick for a potential rim protector with very limited offense is questionable.  

Bagley or Doncic has gotta be the pick. Offensive upside is the way to go and these guys look like difference makers. Porter or Young would also be better picks than JJJ or Bamba as well, imo. 

1 hour ago, GThawks3 said:

JJJ is a better shoot and infinitely better defender than Bagley.  He's also a lot longer, higher BBIQ...etc.  Bagley is a highlight guy that ESPN showed a lot of, so fans naturally think he's a potential superstar when he's just a duplication of what we already have in John Collins.

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

A lot of bullshit was stated in this post. A lot of bullshit. 

Lmao...supes you make me smile even when the scrubs made the finals again...your one passionate ma Fcker and I’ll never hate on that! Lol.

Would you say this contained a “plethora” of bullshit? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

If JJJ is the next Noah Vonleh, then Marvin Bagley is the next Michael Beasley, who Travis Schenk is apparently interested in signing this off season.

Bagley is the next Bagley and JJJ is the next JJJ but Bagley is more likely to be a superstar than JJJ. Dont believe any rumor that says we are interested in a FA.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bagley is the next Bagley and JJJ is the next JJJ but Bagley is more likely to be a superstar than JJJ. Dont believe any rumor that says we are interested in a FA.

This idea that Bagley is more likely to be a superstar than JJJ is based upon exactly what?  That he has a great second jump?  ESPN had more highlights of him, and that has trained your mind into believing that he is this guaranteed superstar player?

3 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

Well let’s see.. Balgley dominated on a loaded Duke team that has potentially 5 first round picks as an 18 year old freshman. JJJ was never dominatant on a less talented MSU team. 

21 and 11 as an 18 year old freshman after being hyped as a big time player since he was what 13? In what world does JJJ have a better shot to be a superstar than Bagley. 

JJJ has a much higher BPM and is a dominant defender, whereas Bagley is a great rim runner that can't shoot and a terrible defender.

So, you have JJJ who can defend and shoot and Bagley who can do neither.

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

JJJ has a much higher BPM and is a dominant defender, whereas Bagley is a great rim runner that can't shoot and a terrible defender.

Bagley can’t shoot based on what? He shot 40% from 3 this year. Not too bad for an 18 year old. He has the  potential to be a very good 3 point/mid range shooter.

Remember how people thought Tatum wasn’t a good defender? I think Bagley’s defense looked worse in Duke’s scheme than it really is. JJJ is the better defender but Bagley can be a decent defender in time. Difference is that Bagley is the superior offensive player and rebounder. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

Bagley can’t shoot based on what? He shot 40% from 3 this year. Not too bad for an 18 year old. He has the  potential to be a very good 3 point/mid range shooter.

Remember how people thought Tatum wasn’t a good defender? I think Bagley’s defense looked worse in Duke’s scheme than it really is. JJJ is the better defender but Bagley can be a decent defender in time. Difference is that Bagley is the superior offensive player and rebounder. 

Honestly Duke pretty much makes all their players look like terrible defenders if we're being honest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Marvin had a great BPM

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

It was on a low volume, and he's a 63% free throw shooter.  His shot will not translate to the NBA.  

He's also limited to using his left hand only as well.