• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mo Bamba Comparison

Hawk88

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

You obviously haven't watched anything, or you are clueless one.  Don't you ever call me a ***WONDERFUL PERSON*** again.

You are the definition of ***A GENTLEMAN AND A SCHOLAR***. You are also the definition of ***AMIABLE*** :

having or displaying a friendly and pleasant manner.

8 hours ago, KB21 said:

You obviously haven't watched anything, or you are clueless one.  Don't you ever call me a ***WONDERFUL PERSON*** again.

And you will continue to be wrong.

I am right, you are wrong. I am Brain, you are Pinky. I am the ***PONCHO***, you are ***JOHN, or whoever the other guy from CHiPS was***. ***WE MAKE A FABULOUS PAIR*** Got it? 

Man JJJ is like Marvin all over again. 

Everything is similar. 

Uncoordinated. Check. 

21 MPG- Check. 

Great body for position- Check

Highly gifted and smart - Check

Talented- Not much

Post moves - Terrible

Skills- Decent

Foul prone - Yep. 

In fact, Marvin had a better shot, was faster, and had more skill than Jackson. Even better on defense than Jackson. Jackson just blocked more shots. 

Everyone watch this: 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

@KB21, you can't tell me you watched that Marvin clip and think damn, JJJ is exactly like Marvin Williams. Come on, you know that's Marvin Williams Jr. man. You know it! 

I won't pile on KB but ... the fact that BSPN loves JJJ pretty much ensures he'll be a bust.

• Like 2

Just imagine Bagley leading the Grizzlies to an NBA title and JJJ is averaging 13/7/2.5 BPG and leading us to a 19-63 record in his 2nd season with the Hawks. Since the lottery changed, we got the #5 pick in a 4 player draft. Drafted another bust and are looking at a 15-year rebuild that would make Sacremento cringe. Is this really what ya'll JJJ supporters want? 

Can someone that has been here for a while post some of the older threads about previous drafts when hawks were selecting in the lottery? I'd love to see if everyone has always been so sure of their opinions of 18 old prospects and where they are today. Maybe that'll stop all the bitching for a while.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

LOL, KB21 was a Marvin fan

Oh boy...I thought kb21 was a newbie...I dont remember him too well but now...I have a feeling I won’t forget him... 

Marv and JJJ...I knew I wasn’t crazy..watch we r gonna take him. That’s what we do. Unless we got smart. I dunno maybe we will surprise ourselves and not overthink this.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Oh boy...I thought kb21 was a newbie...I dont remember him too well but now...I have a feeling I won’t forget him... 

Marv and JJJ...I knew I wasn’t crazy..watch we r gonna take him. That’s what we do. Unless we got smart. I dunno maybe we will surprise ourselves and not overthink this.

You know I watch a ton of Basketball. I knew there was a player that was obvious that JJJ reminded me of but the stats didn't really say anyone in particular. I was on the Squawk one day, just mentioned a random overhyped prospect who played limited mins and I said Marvin out of a joke. Then I thought about it, I was like OH SHIT! That's it! He's f**king Marvin Williams Jr. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

It’s Bagley for me. What sold me was the game against Mo Bamba and Texas.

You saw head to headwhat both players can do well. And Bagley just happens to do more things well than Bamba.

Bamba was a force on the glass and challenging shots, but fouled out because he is a rim protector and that’s what happens when you challenge everything.

Meanwhile Bagley was shooting, passing, leading the break, finishing the break, grabbed a few boards with Bamba on top of him. Even started playing D on Bamba down the stretch. The best thing was as Duke climbed back from like 15 down, they were feeding Bagley the ball and playing off him. He was the go to guy.

Bamba can’t do that, JJJ can’t do that. That’s a special gene that separates players from good to elite.

I also believe that Bagley has some combo Forward in him. I think he can continue to expand his game and play similar to Durant of the dribble. He’s fast enough and is already comfortable facing up from the perimeter. 

Thats just me thinking 

I mean you could easily post the State vs Duke game where MB had 4 points and 6 rebounds, and JJJ had 19 points, 7 rebounds, and 3 blocks.

Duke has 4 four 1st rounders, possibly 5 with Grayson Allen in the starting lineup. Bamba wasn't playing with any NBA talent with Texas. I really needed to see both play with good pgs in college.

That way we got the best defensive talent in this draft and the best offensive talent in this draft and they fit the personnel (Dennis/Baze/Prince). Strength is obviously an issue but now you have the big who can clean up all of Bagley's mistakes he will have early in his career. 

• Moderators

1.jpg

Did you know the Akashi Kaikyō Bridge, in the city of Kobe, is the longest-spanned suspension bridge in the world?

Do you know what the longest-spanned suspension is on this site? Continue driving down Poo-fight Road to find out!

(relax, nobody got suspended. not yet, anyway. Can you imagine the content if we had those ten days of Squawkoutage back?)

~lw3

• Moderators

ICYMI (excuse the Bud love lol. Buck Fud!)

This forthcoming free time is precious for me, as I trust it shall be for many of you in the Squawkosphere. So believe me when I disclose that, as Your Friendly Neighborhood Co-Moderator, I shall not be wasting precious moments under the Georgia sun dilly-dallying with some of you and your petty interpersonal Hawksquabbles, over woulda-shoulda-coulda, over foregone lottery odds, over foregone draft choices, over missed opportunities at your coveted free agents, over who on this dear roster gets to stay and who has to go.

Brewing on other sites, I’ve already seen from Hawks fans what I call Absolutism, not necessarily the result of too much Swedish vodka on the brain. “If the ATLHawks don’t lose the game on (pick any day that ends in the Letter Y), I am DONE with this Treadmill team!” “If they DON’T draft (top-ten talent they’re obsessed with), that’s it, I am THROUGH!” “If they DO draft (top-ten talent they don’t trust), that’s it, I am THROUGH!”  “If they don’t get (random player… okay Baze) outta here, I am OUTTA HERE!” “If they (pursue, or don’t pursue) (free agent), my fandom is OVER! KA-PUT! FAREWELL, CRUEL WORLD! Disgusted Hawks fan, OVER AND OUT!”… ((not even 48 hours later))… “Oh, and ANOTHER thing!...”

We’re Hawks fans, many of us Atlanta Sports fans to larger extents. We do healthy, informed Skepticism as well as anybody in this hemisphere, for good reason, and that’s fine. But, please, refrain from the Absolutism that mandates of Budschlenk, or our fragile fanbase, “my way, or the highway!” I-285 is congested enough as it is without any more miffed Hawks fans going round in circles.

Discussion is great. Differing is valued. Debate is encouraged. But, I’m sorry, Discord is not on the menu this summer. There’s no appetite for that. Most of you have had months of practice in these forums to know whose rhetoric gets all subcutaneous with you, who you can disagree with without being disagreeable, who you can ignore without acting ignorant, and which personal accusations are verboten around these parts. @AHF, @PSSSHHHRRR87 and Yours Truly have no intentions to mediate tugs-of-war between parties who should already know when, and how, to let go of ropes.

If I’m doing any babysitting between now and October, it’s because my buddies and their significant others need a weekend break for fun and frolic. If I’m doing any refereeing this summer, it’s because Lou Williams or 2Chainz is chewing me out over a block/charge call in the AEBL. Your mods and I will not be coming onto this site every other day to dish out warnings, timeouts and Banhammers because somebody decided to respond to perceived boorishness with more of the same.

Every off-season there is a ridiculous Squawkpurge that ensues due to unnecessary interactions, and last summer was arguably (and sadly, it’s arguable) the very worst we’ve ever seen. Review the Golden Rules on this here site, and if you feel the urge to issue an inappropriate response to somebody, follow the guidance the soon-to-be-overmatched Pac-12 coach above advises his young charges… Don’t Press Send! The next six months can be pleasant, if we all choose to make it so.

~lw3

• Like 1

Np Lw3. 

On another point. To the poster who mentioned Brandan Wright. I was flat out wrong on him. Admitted so and made sure I never will make that mistake again ever. He wasnt highly productive and was 207 at 6'9. I wanted him because he was an excellent finisher and he excellent ability but he had a small base and frame. I realize that I made that mistake and I owned it but I looked though my history. I was a lot higher on Al the closer we got to the draft. I am reviewing my history right now. 

I also was high on some other busts. It happens and you learn. The only time you do not learn is if you make the same mistake over and over again