If Atlanta leaves this draft with Doncic, Bamba and 1 of Young, Porter Jr, or Bridges

NBASupes

You know I generally try to be as realistic as I can with these what ifs and what not ...I completely agree with @JayBirdHawk we don’t need to overhype ourselves with thinking we will for sure be picking in the top 10 twice and just prepare ourselves to select at number 3,19,30 HOWEVER while I do agree that’s the attitude we need to have and expect I don’t ever recall any other draft where there’s REAL opportunity to draft in the top 10 like this one and even maybe top 5.....grizzlies for example seem like they want to really get out of parsons contract at any cost necessary and with this being considered a strong draft it’s odd yet understanding.

• Like 3

He will be more often than not in the NBA.  He's not like JJJ, who can come in and immediately defend at a high level.

You don't draft just for today, but also the future. If you think JJJ is a future star, fair enough because he is talented. I just think Bamba will be the better player and can learn how to shoot and defend the perimeter in addition to other skills.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I’ve got enough questions on Bamba that I’d probably lean JJJ if we got a second pick via Memphis.  Wouldn’t hate the pick if it is Bamba at all because he does have high upside but I see a notably lower floor for Bamba.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

This smells like NBA2k'ing, SupesKing.

? Doncic Porter and Bamba? I don’t even know how to do that on 2k!

Speaking of 2k, I’m expecting an immediate upload of our new roster by the time the draft is done. I’ve played a few games with some of the prospects. Sadly they didn’t have Doncic because he wasn’t on a college team. Hope he gets added by tomorrow.

• Like 1

I think some people are definitely setting themselves up for massive disappointment with all of these trade scenarios. It does seem likely that we'll make a trade with all of the picks we have + the Dennis/Baze rumors, but I expect something less exciting than jumping back into the top 10.

There are a million different things that could happen, though. My main fears are trading Collins or Prince and Young or Porter being our only top pick. Those two scare me. I would only feel comfortable if they were our 2nd pick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I’ve got enough questions on Bamba that I’d probably lean JJJ if we got a second pick via Memphis.  Wouldn’t hate the pick if it is Bamba at all because he does have high upside but I see a notably lower floor for Bamba.

Bamba all day. He shut down the paint with sub par defenders. Hes more athletic as well as much longer. He has a higher ceiling and considering Doncic. We need a paint protector, not just a rim protector. And he got to be coordinated and not in foul trouble because he has to clean up the mess other guys created.

• Premium Member

Big men take longer to develop.   The league is going back Big....

DMC,, Davis, Embiid, Freak, KAT.. etc.

I think Bamba will be good to very good to cant miss talent. 

If perhaps, we could get Bamba and Porter Jr.   I could be happy. 

NEVER gonna happen. If Schlloyd can pull off just 2 of those, he’s a good GM. Donciccio and LaBamba please.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

There ya go Hazer!!!! Now go sell a house ?!

:Bob: :Olivia: :ermm:

Consider this liked. And I just got one under contract yesterday ? 

11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

There ya go Hazer!!!! Now go sell a house ?!

:Bob: :Olivia: :ermm:

Just now, hazer said:

Consider this liked. And I just got one under contract yesterday ? 

SWEET! Although I’m only allowed what seems like 3 likes per week, can’t edit posts, nor see who likes mine, we can now insert iOS emojis. Been trying, to no avail, for years ??

2 minutes ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

Yeah, I'm like where is everyone coming up with all these multi top 7 picks? Is there news out there that I haven't read or heard?

There is no news on this. The #4 pick is the only one I am aware of. All I've heard is the Hawks are all over the board.

• Like 2

Just now, NBASupes said:

There is no news on this. The #4 pick is the only one I am aware of. All I've heard is the Hawks are all over the board.

Oh okay, I did read where Mo Bamba told Memphis he didn't want to play for them. They should draft him and trade him to us. Let him get scared for about 30 minutes before letting him know. lol

2 minutes ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

Oh okay, I did read where Mo Bamba told Memphis he didn't want to play for them. They should draft him and trade him to us. Let him get scared for about 30 minutes before letting him know. lol

Yep. I believe in Travie who's GOAT. 

Get Doncic, Bamba and Porter Jr.  He is GOAT.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Bamba all day. He shut down the paint with sub par defenders. Hes more athletic as well as much longer. He has a higher ceiling and considering Doncic. We need a paint protector, not just a rim protector. And he got to be coordinated and not in foul trouble because he has to clean up the mess other guys created.

If you want coordinated, then you don't want Bamba.  

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If you want coordinated, then you don't want Bamba.  

I want coordinated and I clearly want Bamba. That is not important, what is, is he is coordinated and Atlanta clearly wants Bamba. Blame your guy JJJ for not interviewing well and not having a good workout or showing much improvement other than what he can already do. He had a chance. He was rated higher by the scouts. He had a shot like Ingram did with the Sixers over Simmons. Everything played out and Simmons won over him by a large margin. Simmons is one of the best in the NBA and Ingram is likely getting traded soon.

28 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yep. I believe in Travie who's GOAT. 

Get Doncic, Bamba and Porter Jr.  He is GOAT.

Not feeling the Travis GOAT talk YET after he lost the best coach we ever had (for nothing) and had to give away picks to deal Dwight. My opinion could change after tomorrow though... 

• Like 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

I want coordinated and I clearly want Bamba. That is not important, what is, is he is coordinated and Atlanta clearly wants Bamba. Blame your guy JJJ for not interviewing well and not having a good workout or showing much improvement other than what he can already do. He had a chance. He was rated higher by the scouts. He had a shot like Ingram did with the Sixers over Simmons. Everything played out and Simmons won over him by a large margin. Simmons is one of the best in the NBA and Ingram is likely getting traded soon.

LOL!  Yeah.  The Hawks have Bamba higher on their board than they do JJJ.  

giphy.gif

Just now, ShooterSays said:

Not feeling the Travis GOAT talk YET after he lost the best coach we ever had (for nothing) and had to give away picks to deal Dwight. My opinion could change after tomorrow though... 

Bud was only going to get in the way and want dudes like JJJ. Glad he is gone