• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dewayne Dedmon returns

GrimeyKidd

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

It is not a one year fix to greatness. Maybe at the most we are pushing for a 8th seed. But greatness and signing max free agents this year, come on man! :cool:

Not expecting greatness this season or any other season actually.  Not expecting a high tier free agent to ever sign with the Hawks either.  Just give me some cool players who I can root for.  

• Like 2

Just now, Alex said:

Not expecting greatness this season or any other season actually.  Not expecting a high tier free agent to ever sign with the Hawks either.  Just give me some cool players who I can root for.  

That is what I am expecting to. If I could give out likes, you'd get one!

• Like 3

Back to the original topic.  Dedmon is a nice piece who can add defense and could be a starter, but probably shouldn’t be one.  I don’t know if this opt in has any bearing on what happens tomorrow or at anytime during the summer.  As it stands right now he’s a controlled asset.  

• Premium Member
Just now, Alex said:

Back to the original topic.  Dedmon is a nice piece who can add defense and could be a starter, but probably shouldn’t be one.  I don’t know if this opt in has any bearing on what happens tomorrow or at anytime during the summer.  As it stands right now he’s a controlled asset.  

That's it.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I wonder if this has more to do with us wanting to move up from 19 than down from 3. Dedmon to the Clips or the Nuggets as part of the move makes sense to me.

Or maybe the Wiz for #15. 

• Like 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Or maybe the Wiz for #15. 

The Wiz are in severe cap space trouble. Worse than the Nuggets. I wonder who we would take back from them? I think we want one of the Clippers pick. Here is a link I was just reading.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/06/hawks-exploring-trade-up-from-no-19.html

Just now, Buzzard said:

I hate I cannot edit. Hit a key accidentally and it post lmao. My thought here, what about including him to Memphis.

Parsons, #4 to us. Dedmon and #19 to the Grizzlies.

• Like 4

Just now, DrReality said:

Memphis big man is long in the tooth.  

Yes they are and they miss ZBo badly. Dedmon could fill a immediate need and if they are healthy; they could make the playoffs.

35 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I wonder if this has anything at all to do with a trade. Schlenk would have communicated this with him and Dedmon would have approved of the trade partner; otherwise he would have waited. This smells of something as usually options are not exercised until the last minute. This gives their agent time to gauge the interest. The deadline is the 29th; so a full week and change ahead of the deadline.

My guess/hope is that he agreed to go to CLE for a chance to compete (/help bring LeBron back).

Because, yeah -- I would think he could get a better contract after the year he had.

And if it is because he's looking around and seeing not many options because of most teams cap situation, kudos to Schlenk for foreseeing that. He talked a lot about being flexible and being able to make moves after the Dwight trade.

9 minutes ago, Royjr9 said:

Prolly would be gortat isn’t he expiring 

They are hurting and will be in the luxury as a two time offender if they do not do something pretty creative.