• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cleveland Pick 2019

Final_quest

Depends on if they hold on to some of the other vets.  I heard they were not going to trade Kevin Love.  If they can still keep Love & Thompson they should still come in the 10th or 11th seed range in the east.   Maybe they pick range would be around 11-13th in this scenario.

Just now, DawnOfThemBirds said:

The NBA needs to do away with stupid pick protections.

If teams want to move up for a player that they want so badly, then they should actually pay up fully.

Everyone who helped come up with that dumb idea of pick protections needs to be slapped.

*sorry, still early.

And same should go for trades. That is one thing I like about the NFL over the NBA way of operating.

2 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

*sorry, still early.

And same should go for trades. That is one thing I like about the NFL over the NBA way of operating.

Meant player trades.

Man I'm messing up big time this morning.

Well guys, it seems like it's going to be a bad day for me lol

Without LeBron, if they decide to keep Love and Thompson, I can see them in the 30-32 win area.  They will probably be one of the 5 worst teams in the East.  So, yes.  The Hawks are at risk of losing that pick.  

If LaBrawna bolts but they keep most of the team intact and make some good trades, that pick could end up 10-14. Toss in the Dallas pick which should be around 10th, and our own in the 6-10 range, and Hawks could possibly end up with 3 lottery picks next year. Would a 6th, 10th, an 14th be enough to trade up to #1?

29 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Depends on if they hold on to some of the other vets.  I heard they were not going to trade Kevin Love.  If they can still keep Love & Thompson they should still come in the 10th or 11th seed range in the east.   Maybe they pick range would be around 11-13th in this scenario.

If they are the 13th worst team halfway through the season, you best believe they will tank the second half to make sure they get that draft pick 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

If Lebron does not return, are we in jeopardy of losing the pick?  

• first round pick (protected top 10 in 2019-20, else 2021 second round pick and 2022 second round pick) (?-?) • cash considerations on 2017-01-07

You forgot 218-2019 as well

It is going to be interesting to see the direction we take at the start of the season. We still need to work free agency but below is what I see so far. That team could win 30 games; but I would bet we start tank mode again sometime in December. The catch 22 to tanking is if we want to showcase Dennis and Baze as trade bait, the wins may come more often than what management wants.

PG Schröder, Young

SG Bazemore, Dorsey, Huerter

SF Prince, Bembry,  Bazemore, Huerter

PF Collins, Moose, Spellman

C Dedmon, Moose, Plumlee, Collins

Unless I am missing someone that is 11 players on guaranteed money for this season. Moose has yet to opt in.

After the all star break, if we want to go into full blown tank mode, here is one starting lineup:

PG Young

SG Huerter

SF Prince

PF Spellman

C Collins

Similar to last season, I can see Dedmon, Moose, Plumlee and Dorsey getting random starts and DNPs. Quite possibly plugging in a vet for one of Young, Huerter, or Spellman to add a little more veteran leadership. Bazemore and Schröder, if still here, will also have those phantom DNPs just like last season.

Spellman is the wild card in all this. If he turns out to be a decent rookie, I am going to want to see how he fares playing beside Prince and Collins,

19 minutes ago, hawkster911 said:

Our best hope for next year with our 3 1st round picks

Top 3 picks:  Atlanta Hawks Pick

Pick 6-10:  Dallas Mavericks

Pick 11-20: Cleveland Cavaliers

RJ Barrett (SG) is my top pick for next year. 

Buying into the Barrett hype already, huh?  He can't shoot.

Maybe LaBrawna stays for his final year and the pick conveys in the 20s. Hawks pick 6th, 10th, 25th. I’ll take it ??

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

If they are the 13th worst team halfway through the season, you best believe they will tank the second half to make sure they get that draft pick 

This is why I think the Hawks should offer Schröder for George Hill. It's enough of an upgrade to keep the Cavs in playoff range, but not so much that they'd be top4.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

The NBA needs to do away with stupid pick protections.

If teams what to move up for a player that they want so badly, then they should actually pay up fully.

Everyone who helped come up with that dumb idea of pick protections needs to be slapped.

Pick protection is the ultimate b*tch move.  If you want to trade a 1st, have some gonads and trade a f*cking 1st.

None-a this meally-mouthed, "Uh I'll trade a 1st ...... but only if it falls between 12 and 17, then it's 2 2nds."

STFU, b*tch.

Sorry, still a little salty.  But I'm gettin thru it, I'm gettin thru it.

• Like 2

Barrett isn’t a shooter but he’s a really good facilitator with good size, length, and athleticism. He’s also a good defender. He knows how to score he’s just not a shooter.