• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Hawks on TV

Gray Mule

Some of us do not have any NBA TV available to us.  We would love to watch.  Is there any way?  If not, we will have to depend on others to show highlight films and make personal rports here to the remainder of us.

The excitement, for most Hawk fans, at least, begins tonight with Young and Spellman and, oh yes, Robinson on display.  We're hoping for 20 assists for Trae!

:biggrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

As an Atlanta sports fan I can’t sh@t on ESPN enough but they gained a lot of points with me airing all these non-seasonal games.

Trae Young is probably the reason why its televised on ESPN. Trae Young was the ESPN media darling during the college basketball season. We should see more televised games this summer league season. I'm looking to see the young kid develop! Go HAWKS. 

2 minutes ago, wolvetigers said:

Trae Young is probably the reason why its televised on ESPN. Trae Young was the ESPN media darling during the college basketball season. We should see more televised games this summer league season. I'm looking to see the young kid develop! Go HAWKS. 

He'll be the star of the Vegas Summer League as well, with no Lonzo in the mix.

As for the ESPN3 broadcast, it's real choppy on my end.   Our practice uniforms are dope.   Almost better as the real ones.

Love watching Dorsey shoot.  Decent playmaker.

Collins beasting as expected.

Spellman looking like our highest pick.  Don’t wanna rag on Trae in a SL game but he looked all types of bad outside of drawing 3 (?) driving fouls and 3 nice defensive plays.  Strength sorely lacking on his shot and ability to play though contact.

Didn’t know nothing about JJJ before.  He might be decent.  His confidence in that weird release and the results so far I can’t argue.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

Love watching Dorsey shoot.  Decent playmaker.

Collins beasting as expected.

Spellman looking like our highest pick.  Don’t wanna rag on Trae in a SL game but he looked all types of bad outside of drawing 3 (?) driving fouls and 3 nice defensive plays.  Strength sorely lacking on his shot and ability to play though contact.

That's the only thing that impressed me so far, that he's not totally useless on defense.

He needs his man strength and fast. He's gonna get beat up.

• Moderators

Summer games don't mean much.  Trae looks completely out of sorts on his shot and that should reverse.  Wait until the end of SL to really judge and then only take what you see with a big grain of salt.  Looking bad in SL means a lot more than looking good does.