• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Collins--Karl Malone 2.0?

Wurider05

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I like Al better and I think he is better. All is the most underrated superstar in NBA history 

Hey man, stick to the story but I can almost guarantee that you are alone thinking Horford is better than Malone.

A CAREER 20+/10 with better defense and better shooting percentage.

Al has yet to average a double double. His average is around 14/7.5.

Let's not get on post play/physical play and presence. Al can be touched on the tiddy. ?

Al Horford is Horace Grant 0.5

30 minutes ago, CBAreject said:

In Al Horford and Paul Millsap, we had two of the top 30 players in the NBA.  Neither can be called a superstar, but they were both underrated.  Put those two with a bonafide superstar, and you have a championship team.  Al just isn't a superstar.  It doesn't just have to do with scoring.  It's just that he did several things well, somethings just ok, but nothing great.  His ability to space the floor is what made him so valuable, but at the same time, his lack of go-to offensive moves and rebounding really kept him from being elite.  You might call him underrated, but the fact that he made a few all-star teams calls that into question, as does the huge contract he got with Boston.  He's been valued very highly in his career, and deservedly.  

I really don't like putting Sap anywhere near Horford. There is a massive gap. Hell, we saw that just this year. Sap is more like Smoove than ya'll want to admit. He's exactly like Smoove as far as overall impact. He might have been a thousand times more consistent but Smoove was a damn star when he was on fire and a scrub in the next minute. Sap was just a good role player. He was never more than that to me.

Al was and is a superstar to me. The best player I've seen in an Atlanta Hawk uniform 

2 minutes ago, JCDBaptist said:

Hey man, stick to the story but I can almost guarantee that you are alone thinking Horford is better than Malone.

Let's not get on post play/physical play and presence. Al can be touched on the tiddy. ?

Horford - 14, 8, 3, 52.5%

Grant - 11, 8, 2, 50.5%

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I really don't like putting Sap anywhere near Horford. There is a massive gap. Hell, we saw that just this year. Sap is more like Smoove than ya'll want to admit. He's exactly like Smoove as far as overall impact. He might have been a thousand times more consistent but Smoove was a damn star when he was on fire and a scrub in the next minute. Sap was just a good role player. He was never more than that to me.

Al was and is a superstar to me. The best player I've seen in an Atlanta Hawk uniform 

Dude, I don't known if YOU ARE Horford or just on some good stuff. There is NO WAY Horford is better than Nique. Horford is not better than Milsap. Milsap created his own shot from wherever. Horford is a wait, catch, and shoot. Horford is not better than Smitty.

If 14, 8, 3 is the best player in a franchise history, SMDH!!  Sad.

Hell, Horford is not better than the quickest player in franchise history, Rasheed Wallace. 

I get it, you are a Stan but please no comments like this.

4 hours ago, KB21 said:

I agree.  We still have fans who are caught in the rut of thinking that scoring = superstar.  Al Horford isn't a scorer, but he does everything else on the floor at an elite level except rebounding.  The guy is a great defender.  He's a highly efficient shooter.  He's a high level passer from the big position.  He can space the floor with both his shot and passing.  He can switch defensively 1-5.  

Most will disagree, but he's the best player on the Celtics team, not Kyrie Irving.  He's the reason the Celtics did not fall off after Irving's injury.  

Wait, wait, wait...so he doesn't score at an elite level, doesn't rebound AS A BIG at an elite level and us not a passer at an elite level, and his percentage is meh for a big but he is elite.

What is it again that he does elite? Space the floor? All bigs are doing that nowadays and it didn't start with Horfy. Malone's midrange will $hit on Horfy. Malone created his own shots MUCH better...face up, post up, driving the lane, FTs.

I just don't get it.

3 minutes ago, JCDBaptist said:

I always will say, just look at the playoff numbers for Malone. The PnR coverage was always the target for teams playing the Jazz and they always stopped it. No one ever gives enough credit to Al that outside of that Cavs ECF with us series, we always had a great defense in the playoffs and in the RS with him

24 minutes ago, JCDBaptist said:

Dude, I don't known if YOU ARE Horford or just on some good stuff. There is NO WAY Horford is better than Nique. Horford is not better than Milsap. Milsap created his own shot from wherever. Horford is a wait, catch, and shoot. Horford is not better than Smitty.

If 14, 8, 3 is the best player in a franchise history, SMDH!!  Sad.

Hell, Horford is not better than the quickest player in franchise history, Rasheed Wallace. 

I get it, you are a Stan but please no comments like this.

Nique was always like Melo for me. He was never that good as Hawks fans think he is.

18 minutes ago, JCDBaptist said:

Great defender...MAAAAN, Horfy has never all-NBA defender. Not even an honorable mention. Teistan Thompson DOGGED Horford so many times in the playoffs. Dude, Bosh chewed Horford up while he was sleep.

Horford is the most underrated defender in NBA history. He does more for great defense than any player I've ever seen. The biggest issue why Al doesn't get the defensive praise is all due to stats. Nothing more, nothing less.

Its BS to say anything else. This TT talk is nonsense. Al issue has always been LeBron breaking the defense down and him being out of position. In the last two years, Al has easily won his matchup v. TT but even then, LeBron struggles v. Iggy. Hes still one of the GOATs

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I always will say, just look at the playoff numbers for Malone. The PnR coverage was always the target for teams playing the Jazz and they always stopped it. No one ever gives enough credit to Al that outside of that Cavs ECF with us series, we always had a great defense in the playoffs and in the RS with him

Nique was always like Melo for me. He was never that good as Hawks fans think he is.

This is like a BYE FELECIA!! blasphemy comment. I really did repsect your opinion until this.

No words. No more comments.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Horford is the most underrated defender in NBA history. He does more for great defense than any player I've ever seen. The biggest issue why Al doesn't get the defensive praise is all due to stats. Nothing more, nothing less.

Its BS to say anything else. This TT talk is nonsense. Al issue has always been LeBron breaking the defense down and him being out of position. In the last two years, Al has easily won his matchup v. TT but even then, LeBron struggles v. Iggy. Hes still one of the GOATs

No words. No comments.

I can't...who had Al shut down in the playoffs. Hell Gortat used to outplay Al. Dwight manhandled Al. Bosh. TT out defended and rebound Al. This new found spacing that Horford created was nothing new or extraordinary that he did. 

Horford is a glorified nothing special. And since when vesides the 1 year did Horford help the Hawks be a great defense besides on the back of Smoove with his help defense and steals 

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This isn’t true because Marc Gasol and Draymond Green have won DPOY without flashy stats. Horford just is what he is. A very good player with no major weaknesses. Not a superstar.

10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Dirtiest player in the game's history . . . even though I hated Isiah.

No. Not even close to the dirtiest player. That is 1 play. But let's not act like the 'BAD BOYS' were not dirty. What led to that? What tensions created it? They were known for dirty play. And didn't hide it.

Just now, EazyRoc said:

This isn’t true because Marc Gasol and Draymond Green have won DPOY without flashy stats. Horford just is what he is. A very good player with no major weaknesses. Not a superstar.

And no major strengths. Not a scorer, not an elite defender, rebounder and average passer. Shat is Horford elite at...leadership? Nah bruh!!

6 hours ago, nathan2331 said:
6 hours ago, NBASupes said:
Al does so much elite but everyone wants to focus on scoring or high def passes when impacting possession after possession is the most impossible thing any NBA player can do and Al is elite in it. 

Horford's impact is belittled when the likes of Tristan Thompson are abusing him on the boards. Time and time again I've watched the Hawks and now the Celtics struggle to get a bucket and Horford can't do anything to change that. I'm not saying he sucks, but the stats in key games speak for themselves. He's the best role player a role player can be, not a superstar.

Well said.  He disappears at time. Not a superstar

Al Horford was and is a great player, no need to trash him. He ain't Malone (not that I would know I guess, never watched the guy), but Horford really is a borderline elite player in terms of VALUE thanks to the little things he does. He doesn't need the ball, can pass, screen, PnR and PnP at a high level while defending at a high level.

And for what it's worth Karl Malone is a creepy piece of shit and deserves no respect.

• Moderators

Supes will never stop loving Al.  Just have to shrug and accept his love is beyond anything rational.  Asking him to be honest about Horford is like asking a new parent to admit their child is not the most special, amazing person in the history of the world.  

I’ve reached the point where I’d just be sad and dissappointed if he wasn’t propping up Al to be some ultra elite, generation defining talent. Stay true to you, Supes.  

• Like 2