• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Klay and Trae!!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

I'm looking for us to make a big splash in FAcy next year with us bringing Klay in to Lead his own dynasty.  Much the same way that we brought Joe in from Phoenix several years ago.  Klay is going to be a 4 time champion but he's always going to be the Jimmy King of the group.  I think Schlenk could use that when talking with Klay and also I think Schlenk can tell him that In Atlanta, it will be Klay's show. 

Here's the thing though. 

Klay fits perfectly with Trae. 

Klay's defense compliments Trae's nondefense.   Klays three point shooting compliments Trae's three point shooting.  Having Klay can allow Trae to play off ball. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Thomas said:

But am thinking Schlenk's plan is for it to be Trae's show here especially with highlight clips of Trae to Collins on ESPN. We will be recognized.

Do you know how much Childress was highlighted before we got Joe?

35 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Do you know how much Childress was highlighted before we got Joe?

Don't care but do think Trae will put us on ESPN more than Dennis or Jeff have.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Except Klay can't handle the ball and run point.

Enter Bazemore. 

I just think that Klay represents a player that would demand defensive attention.  That being the case, Defensive attention would be less available for Trae.  I don't have any expectation that Prince or Bembry is part of the future however, next years draft is lined with Sfs.  None of them can shoot but there are a couple who could be Point forwards.  Reddish or Williamson comes to mind. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Don't care but do think Trae will put us on ESPN more than Dennis or Jeff did.

True.   Hell, I think he already has.   He will forever be linked to Doncic but I believe that he's better than Doncic.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Diesel said:

True.   Hell, I think he already has.   He will forever be linked to Doncic but I believe that he's better than Doncic.

It will be almost impossible not to keep that eye out on Doncic but will keep telling myself that first is going to really count whether next year or later and I'll take what we can get from Trae. Becoming more and more sold by Trae's assists right now.

• Premium Member
Just now, Thomas said:

It will be almost impossible not to keep that eye out on Doncic but will keep telling myself that first is going to really count whether next year or later and I'll take what we can get from Trae. Becoming more and more sold by his assists right now.

Sorry.  the trade is a good trade.  That being the 3rd for the 5th and a top 5 protected pick next year.  That's a great trade.   Now we took Trae.  That's the question mark.   I hate Trae's TO/A numbers.   I hate some of his shot selection.  BUt those things can be coached away. 

As far as his ability, I think he being a shooter is uncommon among guys coming out nowadays.  In this league, you have to take shooters. 

Doncic is going to be a flop.   Not a bust but not as good as many of the talking heads predict.   The Eurogame is a lot slower and softer than the NBA.   Plus Doncic doesn't have a trim body.  I think he's like Hedo or Hanno Mottola.. at Best.. Dino Radja. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I can't make a call on Trae vs Doncic with never having seen Doncic even play a summer league game. I have been impressed with Trae in Summer League but that is just Summer League. Going into the regular season he may be even more impressive with NBA players who move better without the ball and will catch his passes. He has a soft touch on his passes up close which is great to see from a rookie point guard.

In the end Trae may be one of those few point guards that you have to always be ready for the ball; otherwise it may hit you in the chest or the head.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We could want Klay and still not land him. 

Yeah.  That's the same thing Magic said about Lebron last year.   However, I think you do the best you can, put your best face forward and see what happens. I'm not quick to guess Schlenk's relationship with Klay.   I don't think Klay pal around with Steph... therefore, I think it may be easy for Schlenk (if he has a good relationship with Klay) to sell him on being a star and getting from under Steph and KD's star.  I hope that having Schlenk gives us that inside track. 

Not being sarcastic or nothing, but you are aware that Huerter has a very similar profile to Klay with less defense and more handling.  The name of the game is to control your best players while still on rookie and second deals.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Not being sarcastic or nothing, but you are aware that Huerter has a very similar profile to Klay with less defense and more handling.  The name of the game is to control your best players while still on rookie and second deals.

If you can have the real thing, do you opt for a carbon copy??

The Chrysler 300 looks like a Rolls Royce.   DO you see Jay-Z saying... yeah, I'll take the Chrysler. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If you can have the real thing, do you opt for a carbon copy??

The Chrysler 300 looks like a Rolls Royce.   DO you see Jay-Z saying... yeah, I'll take the Chrysler. 

Except Klay isn't a Rolls Royce. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Except Klay isn't a Rolls Royce. 

• 4 time NBA World champion
  • 5 time NBA Allstar 
  • Has connected on 1,328 three-pointers in his first six NBA seasons, an NBA record for the most threes ever by a player in his first six seasons in the league. 
  • Owns two of the top 10 single season three point totals in NBA history: (4) 276 in 2015-16, (7) 268 in 2016-17.

and he will only be 29.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:
  • 4 time NBA World champion
  • 5 time NBA Allstar 
  • Has connected on 1,328 three-pointers in his first six NBA seasons, an NBA record for the most threes ever by a player in his first six seasons in the league. 
  • Owns two of the top 10 single season three point totals in NBA history: (4) 276 in 2015-16, (7) 268 in 2016-17.

and he will only be 29.

Steph is the Rolls Royce.

• Like 2