• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Klay and Trae!!!

Diesel

• Moderators

We don't know what Huerter is at this point.  Let's see how he looks after a rookie season.  Bembry didn't look nearly as promising after his rookie year.  I would definitely not rule out us making a run at Klay.

• Like 1

I agree that Klay would be a great get, and I really thought that was the plan when Scklenk first came on board, but I don't think this team will be ready to compete in at least 2 or 3 seasons...so unless Klay is ok coming to a fringe playoff team, I don't see  it. Plus a bunch of teams will have cap space next season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Steph is the Rolls Royce.

JayByrd  Close your eyes.  A 29 year old player with 4 NBA world championships.  5 allstar appearances.  Ranked 24 in the History of the NBA in 3pters made... Ranked 4th In the History of the NBA in 3pt%.  Plus he plays good man on man defense.  What are you saying about this player?

Steph is great.   no doubt... but don't act like  Klay is nothing. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, DS5 said:

I agree that Klay would be a great get, and I really thought that was the plan when Scklenk first came on board, but I don't think this team will be ready to compete in at least 2 or 3 seasons...so unless Klay is ok coming to a fringe playoff team, I don't see  it. Plus a bunch of teams will have cap space next season.

I have to believe that Klay is not the only one coming.   The telling moves are if we trade Dennis and Baze for ending contracts.  If that be the case, then Schlenk is seeking to build a super team with Klay as the leader.  I think Collins may be an allstar and he's molding Trae to be reliable. 

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I have to believe that Klay is not the only one coming.   The telling moves are if we trade Dennis and Baze for ending contracts.  If that be the case, then Schlenk is seeking to build a super team with Klay as the leader.  I think Collins may be an allstar and he's molding Trae to be reliable. 

How awesome would that be... you know what's going to happen though, right? We'll keep Dennis and Baze to start the season, then flip them for longer contracts at the deadline, and get some 2nd rounders in '25....

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, DS5 said:

How awesome would that be... you know what's going to happen though, right? We'll keep Dennis and Baze to start the season, then flip them for longer contracts at the deadline, and get some 2nd rounders in '25....

That's a losing tanking mentality.   We see a lot of it around here.   The HawksSquawk fans for the most part are crying because we missed out on the opportunity to bring in yet another gauranteed first round pick in a mediocre draft where we have 3 picks already. 

Losing Tanking Mentality fails to see when it's time to stop acquiring and start developing.   They want us to continue to be the romper room of the NBA.. More first rounders... More first rounders. .. Until we are solidly all rookies and sophomores and unable to attract free agents.  Then we go from being the romper room of the NBA to being the stockroom of the nba... because Pierce's Job will be training our young players to get ready to be courted by other teams that are going somewhere.  Nobody ever noticed the history of the Clippers?

19 hours ago, Diesel said:
  • 4 time NBA World champion
  • 5 time NBA Allstar 
  • Has connected on 1,328 three-pointers in his first six NBA seasons, an NBA record for the most threes ever by a player in his first six seasons in the league. 
  • Owns two of the top 10 single season three point totals in NBA history: (4) 276 in 2015-16, (7) 268 in 2016-17.

and he will only be 29.

3 time nba champion only! Don’t lie or get ahead of yourself. 

Klay has been a West Coast guy his entire life so it would be surprising to me if we could obtain him or what King's ransom would it take for him to move anywhere in the East (guessing only a team that is already in or very close to the ECF at least). ECF is at least a few years away for us. Think he would see that when he becomes available he wouldn't put us over the top or over Boston anyway.  Nice thought having him here of course but just don't know about the  Riley and Schlenk connection to him being enough. Got a little while before we find out. 

• Premium Member
On 7/14/2018 at 9:33 AM, AHF said:

Anyone notice that packaging first round picks is how Boston got KG and Allen and Houston got Harden?

Uhm... Boston has a legacy.   Boston has a great coach.  Boston's Legacy allowed them to pick up free agents...like... uhm.. whoreford.

• Premium Member
On 7/14/2018 at 11:05 AM, Thomas said:

Klay has been a West Coast guy his entire life so it would be surprising to me if we could obtain him or what King's ransom would it take for him to move anywhere in the East (guessing only a team that is already in or very close to the ECF at least). ECF is at least a few years away for us. Think he would see that when he becomes available he wouldn't put us over the top or over Boston anyway.  Nice thought having him here of course but just don't know about the  Riley and Schlenk connection to him being enough. Got a little while before we find out. 

If they get that 4th World Championship...and he's still the 4th wheel.. I would think that it may be easier for us to entice him to be the leader of his own supersquad. 

18 hours ago, Diesel said:

Uhm... Boston has a legacy.   Boston has a great coach.  Boston's Legacy allowed them to pick up free agents...like... uhm.. whoreford.

Uh....the coach at the time they landed Ray and then KG was Doc so to each their own I guess. An ok coach to me that cries way too much. Can't deny their legacy though as much as I love to hate them. That legacy will always be a draw for the Celtics.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Uh....the coach at the time they landed Ray and then KG was Doc so to each their own I guess. An ok coach to me that cries way too much. Can't deny their legacy though as much as I love to hate them. That legacy will always be a draw for the Celtics.  

It really hasn't been much of a draw over the years.  Boston doesn't have a great reputation as a town for black athletes.  They have never been big players on the FA front. Probably their best run of FAs has come since they had the Brooklyn picks giving them a feeder of promising young talent above and beyond what they could get with their own picks and signings.  That is why trades have been so important for them (getting guys like the Chief, KG, Ray Allen, etc.).

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

But if.....Kevin Huerter becomes Klay.

If he became Trae then having a three man swing rotation of Klay, Huerter and Prince would be really exciting.  Especially when Huerter would be a worse defender but better ballhandler and passer to give their elite shooting a bit more depth.  Not the worst outcome in the world.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 7/13/2018 at 2:45 PM, Diesel said:

The table is being Set Folks...

It could be:

Trae, Klay, SF, Collins, and KAT next year!!!

Before you start yelling Prince... Understand that right now, Prince is Dleague material.