• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm beginning to realize why the fan base for the Hawks is so fractured

Peoriabird

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Faried was just an energy guy PnR guy and rebounder at his best.  Collins surpassed that last year by showing some skill with his passing.

Faried never took the next step after showing out on team USA which he parlayed into a big contract.

I wouldn't say Collins surpassed being a better version of peak Faried last season. Faried was considered one of the best up-and-coming players in the league back then. But I also think Collins is a different kind of player and will be an All Star at some point. I was just saying the comments about Collins weren't as bad as they were portrayed.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, High5 said:

I wouldn't say Collins surpassed being a better version of peak Faried last season. Faried was considered one of the best up-and-coming players in the league back then. But I also think Collins is a different kind of player and will be an All Star at some point. I was just saying the comments about Collins weren't as bad as they were portrayed.

What year would you consider Faried's best year? 

I'm gonna do a comparison.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What year would you consider Faried's best year? 

I'm gonna do a comparison.

If you look at his advanced numbers for his first few years they're similar to or better than what Collins did last season. Again, I expect Collins to have a better career, but Faried was putting in work for a while there. And we're talking about a better version of that.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, High5 said:

If you look at his advanced numbers for his first few years they're similar to or better than what Collins did last season. Again, I expect Collins to have a better career, but Faried was putting in work for a while there. And we're talking about a better version of that.

That's why I'm saying that Collins as a 20 year old in limited minutes off the bench has already surpassed Faried at his best considering he was in his 4th year or so.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack Peo's thread further with this debate. 

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Oh, the fan base isn't fractured........Just different views on treadmilling, the draft, the players, team direction, management, ownership etc......if we all thought the same and agreed....it would be boring like hearing the same thing over and over.

But you hear fans denigrating some really good players on this team starting with Dennis to the point where they have convinced themselves that he lacks skill and potential and is a locker room cancer.  You see progress with others like Dorsey but these guys continue to rail on him also to the point where he won't have a chance here.  Its just a shame that some of these young players get judged so harshly so early in their careers and part of it is due to the media especially Rowland and Siegel.  Warning...Young and Spellman already appear to be new targets of these two.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's why I'm saying that Collins as a 20 year old in limited minutes off the bench has already surpassed Faried at his best considering he was in his 4th year or so.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack Peo's thread further with this debate. 

Faried put up 21.9 PER, 4.6 WS (only 46 games, .212 WS/48), 3.4 BPM, and 1.4 as a rookie. Compared to 18.3, 5.4 (.145), 1.7, and 1.7 from Collins. He was an older rookie, but that doesn't mean Collins surpasses him by default. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, High5 said:

Faried put up 21.9 PER, 4.6 WS (only 46 games, .212 WS/48), 3.4 BPM, and 1.4 as a rookie. Compared to 18.3, 5.4 (.145), 1.7, and 1.7 from Collins. He was an older rookie, but that doesn't mean Collins surpasses him by default. 

Flashing a bunch of number makes them similar players?  Oh OK. :ahf:

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Flashing a bunch of number makes them similar players?  Oh OK. :ahf:

@JayBirdHawk was the one who wanted to compare numbers. I said I view them as different types of players, but I don't think 20-year-old Collins has already established himself as the better player (as much as I believe he will as soon as this season). And the discussion only happened in the first place because you misrepresented what was said in the podcast. 

8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I was just listening to the latest podcast by Brad Rowland and Jeff Seigel and the take where just unbearable

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2018/7/15/17570130/locked-on-hawks-podcast-atlanta-jeremy-lin-trade-dennis-Schröder-nba-summer-league-las-vegas

Here are a few.

1) Jeremy Lin if healthy is the best player on the Hawks right now surpassing Kent Bazemore

2) John Collin's ceiling is Kenneth Faried who projects to be a career back up player

3) The Hawks have 5 centers on the roster and no power forwards

4) Tyler Dorsey is not an NBA player because he gives you nothing but shooting

5 Jock Landale was O.K. in summer league

6) Amari Spellman is a terrible prospect because he sucks on defense

7) Dennis Schröder can only be traded for a bad contract and will be a locker room cancer if his minutes are cut.

These are just some examples of comments coming from journalist covering the team who in other cities try to generate excitement and interest in the team.  If there is no interest in the team, there is no interest in their podcast which make the negative slant in their reporting even more puzzling. Nobody and I mean Nobody who has seen Collins play would think Kenneth Faried so It seems as though these 2 go out of their way to trash the Hawks and in turn some of the fans go just as negative.  I wonder what is the motivation behind Brad Rowland and Seigel to unnecessarily paint the team this way because I cannot accept that they believe some of the things that they actually repeat over and over

I don’t listen to Brad because I’ve seen him. You can’t listen to a guy when you can beat him 11-0 in a ☝️ on ☝️ game. Sorry Brad and Jeff, you guys would be better as car salesmen imo.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, High5 said:

@JayBirdHawk was the one who wanted to compare numbers. I said I view them as different types of players, but I don't think 20-year-old Collins has already established himself as the better player (as much as I believe he will as soon as this season). And the discussion only happened in the first place because you misrepresented what was said in the podcast. 

You must be a Rowland fan. And yeah Siegel did say that he has been lower on Collins than anyone else.  He went on to say that he has always seen him as sort of a bench big although he may be coming around to see him as a fringe starter. He also said that he see him as a better version for Kenneth Faried.  He now sees Collins having the drive to be better than that.  Which means prior to the end of last season and this year's summer league, he saw him as Kenneth Faried!

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I have no idea who either of those two people are. The only person I somewhat follow is Jason Walker in terms of non Hawksquawk stuff related to the Hawks.

Good because they ain't worth your time!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, High5 said:

They have about 10K followers between the two of them and most are probably shared. They're nobodies. They definitely aren't responsible for any "fracture" in the fanbase. Many of their own opinions seem to be unpopular with the vast majority of fans and the rest is echoed from national writers. 

I listen to them to go to sleep. Not on purpose at 1st but not only are they bad their so incredibly boring that I usually find myself dozing off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Agree with this...HUGE waste of time!

They are missing a golden opportunity.  Just be a sensible shill for the team and they'd probably reel us in by the boatload.  The BSPN model.  Tell us what we wanna hear, cater to the fanbase.

That'll be the format when the Spud 'n kg show debuts.  The title is a take on Showbiz 'n AG for all the hip hop heds out there.  Shout out, @Sothron

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

But you hear fans denigrating some really good players on this team starting with Dennis to the point where they have convinced themselves that he lacks skill and potential and is a locker room cancer.  You see progress with others like Dorsey but these guys continue to rail on him also to the point where he won't have a chance here.  Its just a shame that some of these young players get judged so harshly so early in their careers and part of it is due to the media especially Rowland and Siegel.  Warning...Young and Spellman already appear to be new targets of these two.

If you think my opinion on anything related to the Hawks is shaped by what Brad and Jeff say, then you are barking up the wrong tree.  I've already told you that both of them have strongly supported the tank, which I am strongly against, and I have argued that point with that to the point that I have been blocked by Jeff and banned by Brad on PTH.  

They are right when they say things I agree with, and they are wrong when they say things I disagree with.  It's as simple as that to me.  

50 minutes ago, kg01 said:

They are missing a golden opportunity.  Just be a sensible shill for the team and they'd probably reel us in by the boatload.  The BSPN model.  Tell us what we wanna hear, cater to the fanbase.

That'll be the format when the Spud 'n kg show debuts.  The title is a take on Showbiz 'n AG for all the hip hop heds out there.  Shout out, @Sothron

They do that.  They are tank loving thumpers, and that should draw all you that love losing so damn much in.  

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

They are right when they say things I agree with, and they are wrong when they say things I disagree with.  It's as simple as that to me.  

I was actually starting think you had changed a little but I guess not.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Partnership? I’d wanna do it just to show Brad up! ? I’ll cater as the yes man good cop..u be the bad cop cuz! Let’s go!

ps No egos here..Kg n Spud works too ? 

• Like 2