• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft

AHF

14 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I think one rule should be that your coach has to be a current head coach .. no college, assistant or retired coaches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or just do away with coach pick all together. I think that pick is way over hyped by some. Look at the Cavs for example with Bron, They have probably never had a top five coach; but pencil in any coach and they still go to the finals four years in a row,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Or just do away with coach pick all together. I think that pick is way over hyped by some. Look at the Cavs for example with Bron, They have probably never had a top five coach; but pencil in any coach and they still go to the finals four years in a row,

Warriors... fixed!

I'm game for this for the rest of the summer.  Here's a suggestion though.   

Although this is supposed to be a "dynasty" draft, the truth is that most of you have traditionally stocked your teams with the current top 200 players, along with 1st round draft picks.   While some of you do take chances on drafting a young guy pretty high, most of you don't pass on guys who are currently starting in the league or bench players who make a big impact in games.

So how about this.  

Once these teams are chosen, we have these teams go head to head in a Fantasy Basketball Draft once the season starts.

Instead of just picking for fun, and leaving it out there, let's get somewhat of an idea of how these teams look right now.  For example, if you looked at last year's teams, it would be great to see how they actually did, and which guys exceeded expectations ( Donovan Mitchell, Nikola Jokic, etc ), and who fell short ( Paul Millsap, Markelle Fultz, etc ).

• No trading of players, once the fantasy squads are put into place.  What ever your team consists of, roll with it.
  • You CAN replace a guy who is injured for a significant time ( 2+ months ), but not a guy who is racking up a bunch of DNPs because he sucks, or has a minor injury that keeps him out a few games.

33 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'm game for this for the rest of the summer.  Here's a suggestion though.   

Although this is supposed to be a "dynasty" draft, the truth is that most of you have traditionally stocked your teams with the current top 200 players, along with 1st round draft picks.   While some of you do take chances on drafting a young guy pretty high, most of you don't pass on guys who are currently starting in the league or bench players who make a big impact in games.

So how about this.  

Once these teams are chosen, we have these teams go head to head in a Fantasy Basketball Draft once the season starts.

Instead of just picking for fun, and leaving it out there, let's get somewhat of an idea of how these teams look right now.  For example, if you looked at last year's teams, it would be great to see how they actually did, and which guys exceeded expectations ( Donovan Mitchell, Nikola Jokic, etc ), and who fell short ( Paul Millsap, Markelle Fultz, etc ).

• No trading of players, once the fantasy squads are put into place.  What ever your team consists of, roll with it.
  • You CAN replace a guy who is injured for a significant time ( 2+ months ), but not a guy who is racking up a bunch of DNPs because he sucks, or has a minor injury that keeps him out a few games.

Good idea but a couple of problems I see:

Finding a site that will allow us to customize the number of teams to include us all if it is a odd number or to many playing. I think Yahoo or ESPN will go as his as 16 teams; but nothing between 12 and 16 or over 16.

The other problem is it is a dynasty draft. Some draft for the future more aggressively once we get to the 3rd or 4th round. I don't have a problem doing this and it would be fun; but the logistics could be tough for such a large league.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Good idea but a couple of problems I see:

Finding a site that will allow us to customize the number of teams to include us all if it is a odd number or to many playing. I think Yahoo or ESPN will go as his as 16 teams; but nothing between 12 and 16 or over 16.

The other problem is it is a dynasty draft. Some draft for the future more aggressively once we get to the 3rd or 4th round. I don't have a problem doing this and it would be fun; but the logistics could be tough for such a large league.

And we do periodically revisit old threads to see how people look.  Just not on the main board.

—-//—

I’ll see if I can get to posting the official startup thread today!

Just now, AHF said:

And we do periodically revisit old threads to see how people look.  Just not on the main board.

—-//—

I’ll see if I can get to posting the official startup thread today!

Yes we do and my 2013 team was the worse I ever drafted. BK probably could have done better.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I’ll be pinging a couple of you to help set the draft order.  We will generate two separate lists (so neither person knows how the randomness will affect pick order but where it can be checked if any questions arise) which will give us a random order and then I’ll post the thread and hopefully we can get rolling in earnest.

• Like 1

• Moderators

@Diesel is on the clock to get the second part of the draft order completed.  When done, I’ll post the order and give people some heads up that we are starting.  When I do that, I’ll set a time for the official start but the people first on the clock will be free to kick things off as soon as they want.

12 minutes ago, AHF said:

@Diesel is on the clock to get the second part of the draft order completed.  When done, I’ll post the order and give people some heads up that we are starting.  When I do that, I’ll set a time for the official start but the people first on the clock will be free to kick things off as soon as they want.

Cool, hopefully Diesel moves faster than a old Mack Truck. Just kidding but I could not resist.

• Moderators

Unlike the NBA, we have full visibility in setting our draft order.  So you can thank / curse, Buzzard and JayBird for this year's order:

Team number assignments come from Jay:

ahf -8

lethalweapon3 -6

JayBirdHawk -5

capstone21-2 

turnermx - 12

HopefulHawksFan -11

LucastheThird -9

pimp - 4

Spud2Nique - 3

Buzzard -7

Marvin24Williams - 10 

TheNorthcydeRises - 1

Then the draft order comes from Buzzard:

Combine those and this is your draft order:

#1 - Buzzard

#2 - turnermx

#3 - JayBirdHawk

#4 - TheNorthCydeRises

#5 - capstone21

#6 - ahf

#7 - HopefulHawksFan

#8 - Spud2Nique

#9  - lethalweapon3

#10 - Marvin24Williams

#11 - pimp

#12 - LucastheThird

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Unlike the NBA, we have full visibility in setting our draft order.  So you can thank / curse, Buzzard and JayBird for this year's order:

Team number assignments come from Jay:

ahf -8

lethalweapon3 -6

JayBirdHawk -5

capstone21-2 

turnermx - 12

HopefulHawksFan -11

LucastheThird -9

pimp - 4

Spud2Nique - 3

Buzzard -7

Marvin24Williams - 10 

TheNorthcydeRises - 1

Then the draft order comes from Buzzard:

Combine those and this is your draft order:

#1 - Buzzard

#2 - turnermx

#3 - JayBirdHawk

#4 - TheNorthCydeRises

#5 - capstone21

#6 - ahf

#7 - HopefulHawksFan

#8 - Spud2Nique

#9  - lethalweapon3

#10 - Marvin24Williams

#11 - pimp

#12 - LucastheThird

:battingeyelashes:

• Like 3

I have never had the 1st pick in all the years I have been playing. Jaybird is lucky for me. But then again, waiting a full 20 something picks for my 2nd pick will require the upmost patience.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
I have never had the 1st pick in all the years I have been playing. Jaybird is lucky for me. But then again, waiting a full 20 something picks for my 2nd pick will require the upmost patience.

Was there a Hawksquawk lottery [emoji848]? Jaybird is lucky [emoji256] for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

35 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Was there a Hawksquawk lottery emoji848.png? Jaybird is lucky emoji256.png for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I guess I was lucky for the 3 of us. Top 3 picks  :rolleyes:

• Like 2