• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Building our winning Hawk team

Gray Mule

13 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Says more about him than it does the team when he gave up on Collins and Prince by walking out the door on the rebuild process with the potential they demonstrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It has long been rumored Bud has a man crush on Giannis. I am telling you right now that Giannis, Middleton, Bledsoe, and Brogdon is just as far away from a championship team than what he had with us in Horford, Milsap, Teague, and Korver.

Bank on this, without another Superstar the Bucks are a treadmill team and I don't care if they have Red Auerbach as their coach.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, turnermx said:

In other words Schlenk is partaking in a rebuilding project typical to all professional athletics, letting overpriced vets walk to be replaced by a foundation of cheaper young talent.

Except that Schlenk is tanking, not rebuilding.

TraderTrav is moving along quickly with this rebuild. 

1- Replaced an inefficient and somewhat troubled starting PG with a college rock star and proven vet.

2-Drafted two top notch three point shooters in Huerter and Spellman. Spellman is also a reliable defender and rebounder.

3-Filled a huge gap in our big man rotation by signing Len to what appears to be a very franchise favorable contract.

4-Acquired a tough nosed defender to come off the bench. Anderson can play two positions ( SG/SF ) and guard three ( PG, SG, SF ).

5-Added a future pick from Dallas that is a sure thing due its protection eventually coming completely off. Added a protected first from OKC that we hope pays off.

6-Added a huge amount of cap by trading Dennis. Estimated we will have over 30 million to spend next season.

This is all in one off season. Travis is a madman with the phones!

PS Is he done yet? I don't know.

• Like 2

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

It has long been rumored Bud has a man crush on Giannis. I am telling you right now that Giannis, Middleton, Bledsoe, and Brogdon is just as far away from a championship team than what he had with us in Horford, Milsap, Teague, and Korver.

Bank on this, without another Superstar the Bucks are a treadmill team and I don't care if they have Red Auerbach as their coach.

They could vault among the top couple East teams this year.  Nobody in the East is a contender this year.  They are all in the west, IMO.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Boston and Toronto should be pretty good.

Boston and Toronto are definitely the favorites with Philly in third.  I'm not saying I rank Milwaukee above them coming into the year.  I'm saying that the Bucks have the potential to be in the discussion with those guys if they gel with the addition of Bud and the changes in personnel.  Giannis is really, really good.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Boston and Toronto are definitely the favorites with Philly in third.  I'm not saying I rank Milwaukee above them coming into the year.  I'm saying that the Bucks have the potential to be in the discussion with those guys if they gel with the addition of Bud and the changes in personnel.  Giannis is really, really good.

We'll see but I don't think Bud can make Giannis a better 3 point shooter.

38 minutes ago, AHF said:

They could vault among the top couple East teams this year.  Nobody in the East is a contender this year.  They are all in the west, IMO.

I see them behind Boston, Philly, and Toronto and a 4th or 5th seed will not be doing them any favors. Their shooting and defense is suspect, so a 1st round exit is a real possibility.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Isaiah Taylor was top 8 in total minutes played... only 8 minutes fewer than Iyasova.  Collins played the 4th most minutes 4 minutes fewer than Bazemore.  Even Dorsey played more minutes than Moose at almost 1000 minutes last season.  The Total number of rookie minutes last year equaled 5,413.  Our 3 rookies would have to average 1,804 or 22 minutes per game each to equal the total from last year which is very unlikely!!!

Again total minutes mean squat when a lot of those guys played the majority of their minutes AFTER the trade deadline.

Lin/Young  > Dennis/Taylor

Baze/Huerter  <  Baze/Bellinelli

Prince/Anderson > Prince/Bembry

Collins/Spellman > Collins\Ilyasova

Dedmon/Len >> Dedmon/Muscala

I think we are better than last team, if Lin and Len are healthy and Bembry contibutes we could win much more games than 22

• Like 2

It's a large stretch to say that Len is better than Muscala.  It's a completely false statement.  Also, there is no way Spellman as a rookie is better than Ilyasova.  

The only thing Muscala has on Len is shooting and I guess passing. Len should be more effective with the same minutes. Spellman I think could surprise us if we actually play through him. He's a really good passer for a big man and can put the ball on the floor.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, KB21 said:

OK.  So tell me this.  How many teams in the history of the NBA have been in a position where 3 rookies, 2 second year players, and a 3rd year player are major rotation pieces without any above average experienced veterans who can help those young players along have actually won and challenged for the playoffs with a rookie coach who has maybe 3 years of bench coach experience under his belt?

The only team I can think of off the top of my head that can even come close to that criteria, is this team . . .

54 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Milwaukee will be top 3, and Giannis will likely become a 35% plus three point shooter this year after working with Ben "The Shot Doctor" Sullivan.  

Bos, Tor, Was will be better that Mil.

And I say that as a guy who's not a fan of any of them teams.

• Like 1

My Depth Chart 

PG: Young/Lin/---Adams (Two-way) 

SG: Bazemore/Bembry/Dorsey/Huerter (love the pick but he has to earn a spot in this rotation just my opinion) 

SF; Prince/Anderson/Bembry

PF: Collins/Spellman (im thinking about adding Noah Vonleh in FA) 

C: Dedmon/Len/Plumlee

Also fine with Lin starting so he can show Young what needs to be done if need be

• Like 1

• Premium Member
It's a large stretch to say that Len is better than Muscala.  It's a completely false statement.  Also, there is no way Spellman as a rookie is better than Ilyasova.  

I don’t think that is implied but if Spellman can stay on the floor he will help the team more overall than Ilyasova did as he missed a lot of games with injury. 2018-2019 Collins will be on the floor more and be better than 2017-2018 Collins.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Bos, Tor, Was will be better that Mil.

And I say that as a guy who's not a fan of any of them teams.

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't trust Wiz.

Plus they got this guy.

• Like 2