• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

Capstone's Crew selects 

Mike Conley PG

wA4qPQIN_400x400.jpg

Best defensive point guard in the league.  We are lucky to grab this guy who missed last season with an injury.  He has recently said he is pain free and as a result the Crew jumped all over it.  

We are in a Win Now mode and this guy is definitely a winner.  He has helped carry the Grizz for many years and now he is going to come to the Crew and add his awesome shut down D off the bench.  Conley is not even remotely just a awesome defender, he also brings it on the other end too.  Distributing, scoring or hitting that clutch 3 pointer ... you name it he pretty does it.   Everyone wants to be like Mike!

@AHF is up

Somebody might have mentioned CJ MCCollum was a steal where he was picked within the last couple of rounds...at pick 42 to hopeful I think and it certainly was a steal, until now i think. Conley is highway robbery at -#77 overall. 

Sometimes in life you gotta ? down to a pick that’s greater than you.

He got the fantasy gold last year and he tasted blood I guess. Nice ?!

• Like 2

• Moderators

Conley was my next choice for my last pick.  Lowry has been better but is a little older.  Injury risk pushed me Lowry but that is a great pickup with Conley.  Was looking hard at pairing them.

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

Conley was my next choice for my last pick.  Lowry has been better but is a little older.  Injury risk pushed me Lowry but that is a great pickup with Conley.  Was looking hard at pairing them.

Urs was incredible too. Specially for a win now situation Lowry was a steal. We truly are in the golden age of point guards. Enjoy the ride folks!

• Like 1

• Moderators

The U-Niques are going to double down and go high risk / high reward with this pick.  Ashley knows something about winning thoroughbreds so she spent some time explaining to some young gamblers how we are hoping to pick one while the odds are still stacked in our favor.

Image result for ashley judd kentucky derby

"You want to look at the Trifecta Box over the Trifecta.  The low odds of the Exacta and Trifecta means that is smart money for the house.  Give yourself a good chance to win with a high payout like with a former #1 overall draft pick at age 20 going into his first healthy season with a 7th round price tag."

We are looking at a young man who averaged 14 points, 7.5 assists and 6.1 rebounds per 36 last year on his way to becoming the youngest player in NBA history to record a triple double.  That fit with his college production that saw him average 23, 6, and 6.  The other remarkable thing about last season was that he had an insane injury season and shot the ball like a*&. 

With the 78th pick of the draft, we are taking a gamble on this young man hoping he can rain sweet jumpers in the near future:

Markelle Fultz

Image result for markelle fultz

While his shot was absolutely ugly broken last year, we have high hopes for his potential if he can get that shot back to resembling his 47.6% from the field and 41.3% from 3pt range back in his college days.  He has been holed up working out with Drew Hanlen who reportedly has "fixed" whatever ailed his stroke last year.

With the elite assist and rebounding production at age 19, we think there is a solid floor to use as a springboard to potential stardom.  

Will it happen?  We don't know.  But we are eager to watch and find out.

ess6W8Q.gif?noredirect

@HopefulHawksFan is back on the clock!

Wings:  James Harden, DeMar DeRozan

Bigs:  Rudy Gobert, Draymond Green, Deandre Ayton

• Like 2

With the 79th pick in the draft, I select...

MOHAMED BAMBA

Mo Bamba is one of the longest players in basketball history measuring 7'.75" with a 7'10" wingspan.  His length and athleticism give him the potential to be one of the best centers in the game when he learns how to make the most of these gifts.  He was a McDonald's All American and last season at Texas he averaged 12.9 points, 10.5 rebounds, and 3.7 blocks per game.  He still has some developing to do and is a bit skinny, but his future is very promising.  

I was kinda hoping the Hawks would pick him up in the draft as well.  

Image result for mohamed bamba draft profile

@Spud2nique You're up!  PM sent.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Pick #    Team    Selection
1    Buzzard    Karl Anthony-Towns
2    turnermx    Anthony Davis
3    JayBirdHawk    Giannis Antetokounmpo
4    TheNorthCydeRises    LeBron James
5    capstone21    Kevin Durant
6    AHF    James Harden
7    HopefulHawksFan    Russell Westbrook
8    Spud2Nique    Steph Curry
9    lethalweapon3    Joel Embiid
10    Marvin24Williams    Nikola Jokic
11    pimp    Kawhi Leonard
12    LucastheThird    Ben Simmons
13    LucastheThird    Klay Thompson
14    pimp    Kyrie Irving
15    Marvin24Williams    Jimmy Butler
16    lethalweapon3    Victor Oladipo
17    Spud2Nique    Donovan Mitchell
18    HopefulHawksFan    Paul George
19    AHF    Rudy Gobert
20    capstone21    John Wall
21    TheNorthCydeRises    Kristaps Porzingas
22    JayBirdHawk    Devin Booker
23    turnermx    Damian Lillard
24    Buzzard    Bradley Beal
25    Buzzard    Myles Turner
26    turnermx    Robert Covington
27    JayBirdHawk    Kemba Walker
28    LucastheThird(from NC)    Jayson Tatum
29    capstone21    Khris Middleton
30    AHF    Draymond Green
31    HopefulHawksFan    Steven Adams
32    Spud2Nique    Jaylen Brown
33    lethalweapon3    Chris Paul
34    Marvin24Williams    Gordon Hayward
35    pimp    Andre Drummond
36    LucastheThird    Al Horford
37    LucastheThird    Clint Capela
38    Northcyde (from pimp)    DeMarcus Cousins
39    Marvin24Williams    Jrue Holiday
40    lethalweapon3    Lauri Markkanen
41    Spud2Nique    Marc Gasol
42    HopefulHawksFan    C.J. McCollum
43    AHF    DeMar DeRozan
44    capstone21    DeAndre Jordan
45    pimp (from Northcyde)    Kevin Love
46    JayBirdHawk    Jusuf Nurkic
47    turnermx    Hassan Whiteside
48    Buzzard    Brandon Ingram
49    Buzzard    Otto Porter
50    turnermx    Jamal Murray
51    JayBirdHawk    Taurean Prince
52    pimp (from Northcyde)    Luka Doncic
53    capstone21    Blake Griffin
54    AHF    DeAndre Ayton
55    HopefulHawksFan    LaMarcus Aldridge
56    Spud2Nique    Trae Young
57    lethalweapon3    Aaron Gordon
58    Marvin24Williams    Jaren Jackson Jr.
59    pimp    John Collins
60    Northcyde (from LCT)    Lonzo Ball
61    LucastheThird    Marcus Smart
62    LucastheThird(from NC)    Colin Sexton
63    Marvin24Williams    Eric Gordon
64    lethalweapon3    Quin Snyder
65    Spud2Nique    Tobias Harris
66    HopefulHawksFan    Dennis Schröder
67    AHF    Kyle Lowry
68    capstone21    Paul Millsap
69    TheNorthCydeRises    Kyle Kuzma
70    JayBirdHawk    Jarrett Allen
71    turnermx    Isaiah Thomas
72    Buzzard    Dennis Smith
73    Buzzard    Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
74    turnermx    Kyle Anderson
75    JayBirdHawk    Gary Harris
76    TheNorthCydeRises    Tyreke Evans
77    capstone21    Mike Conley
78    AHF    Markelle Fultz
79    HopefulHawksFan    Mohamed Bamba
80    Spud2Nique    
81    lethalweapon3    
82    Marvin24Williams    
83    pimp    
84    Northcyde (from LCT)    
85    Northcyde (from LCT)    
86    pimp    
87    Marvin24Williams    
88    lethalweapon3    
89    Spud2Nique    
90    HopefulHawksFan    
91    AHF    
92    capstone21    
93    LucastheThird(from NC)    
94    JayBirdHawk    
95    turnermx    
96    Buzzard    
97    Buzzard    
98    turnermx    
99    JayBirdHawk    
100    TheNorthCydeRises    
101    capstone21    
102    AHF    
103    HopefulHawksFan    
104    Spud2Nique    
105    lethalweapon3    
106    Marvin24Williams    
107    pimp    
108    LucastheThird    

My next pick has been on my “short list” for about a week now and I’m surprised nobody has taken him.

He checks most of the boxes that GM Spud is looking for in his players. This guy is a great athlete, he can get to the rim, create shots off the dribble and can really get down (I’m talkin a$$ to grass) to defend you and get all up in your face, full court if needed for 48 minutes as he can defend 1-3 right now and possibly 1-4 in the future. He has a chance to be a high level two way star in this league. He is a clever scorer who prefers to play downhill but has a little bit of shake off the dribble. He’s a solid passer and at his best in the open floor, where he can attack the basket and find teammates.

“He’s a two way guy, we like versatility on our side. We like the fact that there is a lot of “dog” in this kid. He’s an alpha, he’s a leader, he pound for pound one of the strongest, his core strength and balance  make him much stronger that his frame might suggest.”  

GM Spud has nothing but glowing remarks about the kid. He also told me privately that he loves that fact that his guy spurned the Celtics and actually made Danny Ainge and his Shmeltic reps fly across country to Sacramento only to reject working out for them. 

Ps I’m being entirely honest here...I watched him a few times during games last year and in the time that I blinked, he had already stolen the ball and was on his way for a breakaway dunk...

Without further adieu,

With the 80th pick in the SDD, the Spudo rammers select:

Josh Jackson : SF 6’8 210

@lethalweapon3 aka my main man has been PM’d!

• Like 4

• Moderators

In the 7th Round, with the 81st Pick in the 2018 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Tender selects:

bJlfoC9.jpg

Honestly, Julius Deion Randle (Forward/Center, 6’9”, 250 lbs., Age 23), here in Lethalopolis, we’re every bit as excited as you are! WHOO! (um, no knife-edge chops from you, pls.)

"MUSCLEWATCH!" Much was made of the physical transformation of Tender star Victor Oladipo during the 2017 offseason, the preface to his award-winning superstar turn in the season that followed. Slightly less focus was directed toward his newest teammate, Julius Randle. That is, unless you were reading Men’s Journal and happened upon the 3-week shredding of his slightly pudgy frame. It’s no coincidence that Oladipo and Randle each became not only the top performers on their respective pro outfits, but also Top 5 in the end-of-season voting for Most Improved Player.

Randle returned to action last season and proved himself one of the best interior finishers anyone has seen, shooting 57.5 percent on two-pointers while splitting time between his customary power forward position and as the trendy small-ball pivot man. His nearly 500 two-point buckets (and 300-plus free throws) were the most by anyone who did not begin last season as a full-time starter.

Randle averaged a per-36 double-double of 21.7 points and 10.7 boards, joining fellow Tender big man Joel Embiid as one of just seven players to post 20-and-10 minimums per-36 over the course of 60 or more games. His 15.5 paint points per-36 ranked second in the league, and tops among current Dynasty Draftees.

Shortly after rendering himself an irresistible contributor in his Tinseltown team’s starting lineup, Randle led his lowly team out of its 11-27 slumber to a 24-20 finish, one that had to look appetizing to another burly forward who would supplant him in La-La-Land this summer.

Julius still has plenty of growth in his game that has yet to be revealed. He could be a more effective on-ball defender, and enjoy longer stints on the court, if he didn’t foul so much (second-most personal fouls). He also piles up the turnovers, often from over-dribbling, often from wriggling his new body around the paint and barging his way into unnecessary charge calls. There remains time to stretch his offensive game out to the perimeter. Improving his decision-making as a passer will cut down on his ballhandling errors.

On the Tender, Randle is most suitable in the near-term as a reserve, offering flexibility at the 4 and 5 spots. Rounding out (in a good way) over the long haul will allow him the option of playing and defending the 3 position, too. Ultimately, he’ll need a coach who can help his off-court discipline translate more fully to execution on-court. But after improving his on-court plus-minus from -15.1 to -10.4 two seasons ago, and then to -1.4 last season on a lottery team, in his new pro digs, Randle is primed to make the leap from plus-sized performer to, purely, a plus performer.

Let’s give the lectern back to The Pride of Chapel Hill, @Marvin24Williams!

~lw3

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

In the 7th Round, with the 81st Pick in the 2018 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Tender selects:

bJlfoC9.jpg

Honestly, Julius Deion Randle (Forward/Center, 6’9”, 250 lbs., Age 23), here in Lethalopolis, we’re every bit as excited as you are! WHOO! (um, no knife-edge chops from you, pls.)

We’ll offer of some shots of Don Julio in this space in a little while.

Let’s give the lectern back to The Pride of Chapel Hill, @Marvin24Williams!

~lw3

Was considered heavily for #80 overall. He has a chip on his shoulder and he’s angry ? That can only bode well for him moving forward. 

Warning ⚠️: BULL STRENGTH AHEAD...

• Admin
37 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

My next pick has been on my “short list” for about a week now and I’m surprised nobody has taken him.

He checks most of the boxes that GM Spud is looking for in his players. This guy is a great athlete, he can get to the rim, create shots off the dribble and can really get down (I’m talkin a$$ to grass) to defend you and get all up in your face, full court if needed for 48 minutes as he can defend 1-3 right now and possibly 1-4 in the future. He has a chance to be a high level two way star in this league. He is a clever scorer who prefers to play downhill but has a little bit of shake off the dribble. He’s a solid passer and at his best in the open floor, where he can attack the basket and find teammates.

“He’s a two way guy, we like versatility on our side. We like the fact that there is a lot of “dog” in this kid. He’s an alpha, he’s a leader, he pound for pound one of the strongest, his core strength and balance  make him much stronger that his frame might suggest.”  

GM Spud has nothing but glowing remarks about the kid. He also told me privately that he loves that fact that his guy spurned the Celtics and actually made Danny Ainge and his Shmeltic reps fly across country to Sacramento only to reject working out for them. 

Ps I’m being entirely honest here...I watched him a few times during games last year and in the time that I blinked, he had already stolen the ball and was on his way for a breakaway dunk...

Without further adieu,

With the 80th pick in the SDD, the Spudo rammers select:

Josh Jackson : SF 6’8 210

@lethalweapon3 aka my main man has been PM’d!

Great pick ... was my next one

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Fultz, Josh, and Julius all fit my MO of being 25 or under. At the rate the good young players are going I will probably have to break that at 96 and 97.

Bamba, Harris, and Anderson under 25 and gone as well.

With the 82nd pick in the draft, the Marvy Marv's select:

DE'AARON FOX

GettyImages-866060898-1509465277.jpeg

De'Aaron Fox is a young player who has 2 way upside. It's time to add some young talent to this team to have some prospects to look forward to once our contention window is over. Fox had a bit of a rough rookie year but he'll be fine. His shooting form looks fine so if he puts in the work, I can see him being a solid shooter when all is said and done. Defensively he has the quicks to stay in front of anyone so he has great potential on that end to build upon

PG: Jrue Holiday/De'Aaron Fox

SG: Jimmy Butler/Eric Gorfon

SF: Gordon Hayward

PF: Jaren Jackson Jr

C: Nikola Jokic

@pimp you're next!

• Like 4

With the next pick of the draft, the AAF selects Harrison Barnes.
552336.vresize.350.425.medium.30.png
                          26 years old

18,9 ppg - 6rpg - 2apg
Harrison Barnes is another young player on our team with Nba Final's experience.
He can play both foward positions and is a solid defender, and scorer.
He is one of the best post up SFs in the game today. I think that part of his game is very underrated.  He add versatility to our bench, and can step in and start if needed.

The video does a nice job of  showing off his offensive repertoire
sfw- no music

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

With the 82nd pick in the draft, the Marvy Marv's select:

DE'AARON FOX

GettyImages-866060898-1509465277.jpeg

De'Aaron Fox is a young player who has 2 way upside. It's time to add some young talent to this team to have some prospects to look forward to once our contention window is over. Fox had a bit of a rough rookie year but he'll be fine. His shooting form looks fine so if he puts in the work, I can see him being a solid shooter when all is said and done. Defensively he has the quicks to stay in front of anyone so he has great potential on that end to build upon

PG: Jrue Holiday/De'Aaron Fox

SG: Jimmy Butler/Eric Gorfon

SF: Gordon Hayward

PF: Jaren Jackson Jr

C: Nikola Jokic

@pimp you're next!

Finally . . . someone from Sacramento.

Let me check the draft board to see who I THINK no one picked.  Which is amazing, since he was the talk of the summer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pimp said:

Atl Air Force

PG- Kyrie Irving
SG - Luka Duncic -
SF - Kawhi Leonard -
PF - Kevin Love
C -  Andre Drummod

BENCH
John Collins
Harrison Barnes

Is Love starting over Collins more about fit of your team of do you think he’s just a better overall player right now?