• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

3 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

With the 135th pick in the draft, the Marvy Marv's select

ERIK SPOELSTRA

020413-erik-spoelstra-e1428689055487.jpg

I took Spoelstra here for his defensive schemes. He's had the Heat in the top 10 in DRTG for the past few years. Offensively he's a hit or miss but I think he'll be fine. Futhermore, he has multiple years of post season experience under his belt. I wanted a coach who has that experience in order to prepare the players better for when that time comes. He also seems to be a solid for player development, as he has turned Josh Richardson, Hassan Whiteside, and Tyler Johnson into rotation worthy players. I'm hoping he'll do wonders for Fox, Russell, JJJ, and Bell in the future. All in all I just thought he was a good balance between contention and player development. There was another coach I had in mind but he doesn't seem very high on playing young players.

@lethalweapon3 you're up!

You probably just broke AHF's Mascot/Cheerleaders Heart.

• Like 2

• Moderators

In the 12th Round, with the 136th Pick in the 2018 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Tender selects:

6ab6970f02ce4963522a219120fb2ca2.png.jpg

Nabbing a playoff-steeled, contract-hungry, under-25 competitor like Terry William Rozier III (Point Guard, 6’2”, 190 lbs., Age 24) just to compete for minutes in a point guard platoon behind Chris Paul? Now, that’s downright Scary!

The write-up here on Terry Rozay will be a Scream, once the Tender PR department finally catches up. But why wait?

We’ve got @Spud2nique, who has been Privately Messaged and is chomping at the bit to Spudazzle you with the next pick!

~lw3

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

In the 12th Round, with the 136th Pick in the 2018 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Tender selects:

6ab6970f02ce4963522a219120fb2ca2.png.jpg

Nabbing a playoff-steeled, contract-hungry, under-25 competitor like Terry William Rozier III (Point Guard, 6’2”, 190 lbs., Age 24) just to compete for minutes in a point guard platoon behind Chris Paul? Now, that’s downright Scary!

The write-up here on Terry Rozay will be a Scream, once the Tender PR department finally catches up. But why wait?

We’ve got @Spud2nique, who has been Privately Messaged and is chomping at the bit to Spudazzle you with the next pick!

~lw3

❤️ ? it! Just got in...30 min max! Although I will say I had done a write up for both D’Antoni and Spoelstra. But only like 3 paragraphs each so no worries ?.

My next selection is a guy that’s been around basketball for a minute and had been with our beloved Hawks from 2012-2016, coincidentally a time when Hawks basketball improved a great deal since pre 99 and folks, Mookie, Deke and Smitty ain’t walking through those doors but during this particular time, player development was huge and this argument over who was the Hawks shooting coach, Snyder or what’s his face in the other thread, this other dude was probably responsible for “everything else.” 

Other coaches in the league rave about him...here are a couple excerpts:

Anonymous coach: (not yet drafted)

“I just love him as a coach. I think he does a great job. His team executes, they play hard, they play together. I don’t think people appreciate how hard that is when your team is not winning to get guys to play together. Most of the guys start looking at contracts, they get selfish and it’s all about numbers. Somehow Kenny has figured it out. They still play together and that’s pretty impressive.”

Mike D’Antoni: (still screw u @pimp)

“You have to give it to Brooklyn, they wouldn’t let us put it away. They kept coming back. They kept hitting hard shots. We would go up seven and Brooklyn would hit a hard three. They played well; they played with a lot of energy. Like I told them, Brooklyn isn’t going to beat themselves, we’ll have to beat them. I think at the end we did. They’re well coached and they do a good job.”

Gregg Popovich @HopefulHawksFan’s coach btw ur next get ready..)

“With each week, month and year that goes by, the Nets will be closer to being where every team wants to be, and that’s competing in the playoffs. You can tell the decisions he’s made, you can tell by Kenny [Atkinson] demanding and being fair at the same time – working with these young kids. It’s going in the right direction.”

Anyways all glowing remarks about my next dude. With the 137th pick, the Mista Mista lady, appetizer: supreme loaded spud skins (half off during happy hour, bacon and cheese add $3 that’s how we screw you) select:

Kenny Atkinson 

And here is @kg01 losing his mind about the MLK game...and a lil Kenny Atkinson...that’s how I envisioned it anyways..a guy with this much passion deserves ❤️ everywhere imo.

@HopefulHawksFan you are up!

• Like 3

On 7/27/2018 at 7:59 AM, Spud2nique said:

Had the privilege of watching this kid play in some games at Cal a few years back and boy was he the real deal. A man amongst boys. At only 21 years of age entering his 3rd season in the NBA from Marietta GA, this SG/SF/PF possesses the ability to put the ball in the hole from inside and out. The knock on him was his outside shot, so he decided to shoot nearly 40% (39.5) to quiet them down. He shot over 50% from the floor. He’s always at the top in defensive win shares while guarding 1-4’s on the floor, including stars like Lebron, Westbrook and Kawhi. 

The reason for selecting him didn’t really have anything to do with his stats but rather the eye test. He has supreme confidence in himself and it shows on the floor. He is a fearless defender that will guard you 94 feet in a full court set and straight hound his opponent. The pound for pound strength, not to mention the core strength and balance is unbelievable.

Without further adieu..

With the 32nd pick in the 2018 Squawk Dynasty Draft, the Spudiculous Spudsters select:

JAYLEN BROWN

Up next is my main man and your wordsmith, @lethalweapon3 Aka the Philly funster! Have at it hoss!

Confidence from my boy...(as a hawks fan though screw the Celtics in every way possible please..)

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250946/Jaylen-Brown-Guarantees-Celtics-Will-Reach-2019-NBA-Finals

17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Confidence from my boy...(as a hawks fan though screw the Celtics in every way possible please..)

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250946/Jaylen-Brown-Guarantees-Celtics-Will-Reach-2019-NBA-Finals

He’s really not that talented.

I drafted him with the 2nd to last pick in the draft last year.He spent 1 year under my wing, Now look at him.  Drafted almost 100 spots higher.

It was all my coaching got him where he is today. :MooseGoggles:

7 minutes ago, pimp said:

I drafted him with the 2nd to last pick in the draft last year.He spent 1 year under my wing, Now look at him.  Drafted almost 100 spots higher.

Jason (Tatum)?

8 minutes ago, pimp said:

Ps I used to watch him at Cal. He’s my main man. Except now that he’s on the Celts. I kind of hope Danny is a fool and trades him to the Wolves ? or some team where he can play a bit more open. Ok maybe not the ? but somewhere else. I guess he is with the Spudsters so there’s that...

Thanks for coaching him up though I dig ur style man.

Here is an idea for next season's draft. First time limit is eight hours. Once you miss your first deadline your next will be four hours. This will keep us from being held up by the same players.

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Here is an idea for next season's draft. First time limit is eight hours. Once you miss your first deadline your next will be four hours. This will keep us from being held up by the same players.

We only have like 31 picks left. We should be done ✅ by Tuesday or Wednesday. Not too shabby I thought it went by much faster than the last one I was a part of..think 2015 one took forever.

On 8/7/2018 at 0:34 AM, Spud2nique said:

I think I brought this up a couple seasons ago but is anyone interested in a Squawk all time draft? Where we draft the Kareem’s Jordan’s and Wilt’s of the league? Sounds super fun but might be complicated but maybe not.

Just a thought.

i would be  down to do it , if we can get enough people to join. 
It would be interesting to see what teams would look like. It would be like rewriting history.
Instead of Stockon and Malone , it could be Stockton and Duncan.
Lebron and Pippen, or Jordan and Ewing. :ohmy:

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Buzzard said:

We can certainly think about it.  In general, I’d rather try to ensure integrity of the draft than get it done a couple days sooner.  Real life happens to people so give leeway for that.  Hopefully people will timely show up.  If it has gotten bad, we’ve replaced them and it is better not to have a team already ruined when that happens.  But repeated misses are annoying.

39 minutes ago, AHF said:

We can certainly think about it.  In general, I’d rather try to ensure integrity of the draft than get it done a couple days sooner.  Real life happens to people so give leeway for that.  Hopefully people will timely show up.  If it has gotten bad, we’ve replaced them and it is better not to have a team already ruined when that happens.  But repeated misses are annoying.

It is the repeated misses. I get one miss but if you miss two or three, you should give participating a second thought. I think at one time we had 16 teams or more which made it a better dynasty draft in my opinion. @Spud2nique the reason it does not seem so bad is a lot of people have stopped participating. It is probably to late now to get them back but the length between picks was the biggest gripe for a lot of of them.

• Like 1

• Moderators

@AHF's clock starts after 10:46 AM Eastern, or "Hopeful"ly a little earlier, if someone finds time to check in this morning.

I'm fine with the pace of the draft, could be a tad bit quicker, but I am happy we added an extra hour that counts into the open draft time.

~lw3

18 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

@AHF's clock starts after 10:46 AM Eastern, or "Hopeful"ly a little earlier, if someone finds time to check in this morning.

I'm fine with the pace of the draft, could be a tad bit quicker, but I am happy we added an extra hour that counts into the open draft time.

~lw3

I am good with the pace for the most part.