• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

• Premium Member

With the 142nd Selection in the 2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft The Lady JayBurds select  :  

G Jonathan Malcolm Brogdon

(I have no write up since I've had to mark off a ton  of name from my little board)

The Lady JayBurds:

Coach Mike 'Flew the Coop' Budenholzer

G: Kemba Walker, Dejounte Murray, Malcolm Brogdon

SG: Devin Booker, Gary Harris

SF: Taurean Prince, Kevin Knox

PF: Giannis Antetokuonmpo, Bam Adebayo, 

C: Jusuf Nurkic, Jarrett Allen

• Like 3

• Admin
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

With the 142nd Selection in the 2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft The Lady JayBurds select  :  

G Jonathan Malcolm Brogdon

(I have no write up since I've had to mark off a ton  of name from my little board)

The Lady JayBurds:

Coach Mike 'Flew the Coop' Budenholzer

G: Kemba Walker, Dejounte Murray, Malcolm Brogdon

SG: Devin Booker, Gary Harris

SF: Taurean Prince, Kevin Knox

PF: Giannis Antetokuonmpo, Bam Adebayo, 

C: Jusuf Nurkic, Jarrett Allen

Was going to be my next pick 

10 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Hmmm . . . who can coach this squad?

PG - Lonzo - Lou Williams

G - T. Evans - Ingles

F - Lebron - Kuzma

PF - Porzingis - Carter Jr

C - Cousins - Bagley - Howard

Image result for lavar ball coach

Hmmmm . . . maybe.  But I think we'll go another route.

With the 141st selection in the Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft . . . the Northcyde Ballers select the 2018 NBA Coach of the Year

DWANE CASEY

Image result for dwayne casey coach

We here in the organization know a good coach when we see one.  All he did was be the head honcho of 3 of the best Raptor teams in franchise history.   He took a team that was down in the dumps after losing their Hall of Famer - Chris Bosh - and steadily led them to the top half of the Eastern Conference playoff seeds.    And I'm sorry, when the only guy you're losing to in the playoff is Lebron James, you get a pass.

Sorry Lavar, but Casey has the temperament to coach this great mix of veterans and young guys.  And after you made these comments . .

. . we really can't trust you coaching the team.  Casey has won 166 games in the past 3 seasons, so we'll roll with him.

We we CAN DO, Lavar, is make you Director of Marketing for the Northcyde brand.  We do admire what you have done with your independent brand, despite the lofty expectations placed on yourself.   You take care of the marketing, but leave the coaching to Mr. Casey.

@JayBirdHawk you are up ma'am.

Nice pick. I took him last season and had hoped to take him this year. Very underrated player development style and he got Lowry and Derozan playing off each other instead of fighting each other.

• Premium Member

With the 143rd Selection in the 2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft, the turnermx Make it Drizzle select  PG Jeffrey Demarco Teague!

Under the radar as usual, with 15.3 PPG, 4 RPG, 7.8 APG last season, Jeff's overall numbers were only matched or exceeded by Lebron James, James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul and John Wall. 

Having him with Lillard and Thomas gives nightmare smallball potential for the Drizzle to pick spots with. 

Now with the Timberwolves, he's very likely to help them and continue his streak of playoff appearances which are now at 8 seasons. 

The turnermx Make it Drizzle

PG – Lillard/Teague/Thomas

SG – Murray/Huerter

SF – Covington/Anderson

PF – Davis/Spellman

C – Whiteside/Thompson

Coach: Brett Brown

• Like 4

1 minute ago, turnermx said:

With the 143rd Selection in the 2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft, the turnermx Make it Drizzle select  PG Jeffrey Demarco Teague!

Under the radar as usual, with 15.3 PPG, 4 RPG, 7.8 APG last season, Jeff's overall numbers were only matched or exceeded by Lebron James, James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul and John Wall. 

Having him with Lillard and Thomas gives nightmare smallball potential for the Drizzle to pick spots with. 

Now with the Timberwolves, he's very likely to help them and continue his streak of playoff appearances which are now at 8 seasons. 

The turnermx Make it Drizzle

PG – Lillard/Teague/Thomas

SG – Murray/Huerter

SF – Covington/Anderson

PF – Davis/Spellman

C – Whiteside/Thompson

Coach: Brett Brown

Great pick. I considered him a long time ago when I took Rubio as my vet PG. If they'd been the same ages Teague would have won out.

• Like 1

I am taking another Laker and going with offense for my next pick. Josh Hart was the summer league MVP as he averaged 24.2 PPG, 4.7 RPG, and 2,3 APG. Great stats but another Josh ( Shelby ) won this award also and he has spent his last five seasons in China after being cut by the Cavs. So this pick is not based on this MVP for sure. It is based on his 1st year stats with the Lakers in which he averaged 7.4 PPG and 4.3 RPG in 23.2 MPG. His three point shooting is what really caught my eye as he shot .396 from long range.

His splits are great and anytime he got over 30 minutes in a game; he showed out in a good way considering he was just a rookie. Even averaging 17.0 and 6.3 RPG for the final seven game stretch in April. I like this kid and think he will push current Lakers Starter KCP throughout the season. Worse case, I see for him is a deadly shooter and scorer coming off our bench. With the 144th pick in the Dynasty Draft the Flock selects Mr. Josh Hart!

Josh-Hart-4-640x496.jpg

I know who I am taking with my next pick, I will be going Defensive. @Buzzard is up again.

• Like 3

With the 145th pick in the Dynasty Draft, I am reaching for a athletic beast who has shown the ability to play lock down D at four positions. OG Anunoby would have been a sure fire lottery pick in 2017 but suffered a ACL injury that did him in for the remainder of his college season. The Raptors took him with the 23rd pick and many rated him as the steal of the draft. Even over our own John Collins who was taken 19th.

I am not going quite that far but this kid is a freak athlete and his D has already frustrated greats like James Harden and LeBron James. His FG% is respectable at .471, his 3 point shooting looks solid so far at .371, FT Shooting and rebounding needs to show the most improvement. Especially since he is now behind Kawhi Leonard and will be getting a shot at playing some small ball four. If he can improve his rebounding, a small ball four could be the perfect place for him. If not, he will eventually be a defensive monster ready to take on any teams best player. The sky is the limit for this young man. Please Welcome to the Flock OG Anunoby!

usa_today_9802837.0.jpg

I know @Spud2nique I still need a coach. I feel pretty good about still being able to draft one in the top 12! @turnermx is up and has been PMd.

• Like 3

Flocking Buzzards Lineup:

PG Dennis Smith Jr
SG Bradley Beal
SF Brandon Ingram
PF Karl Anthony Towns
C  Myles Turner

Bench: Ricky Rubio, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Buddy Hield, Josh Hart, Evan Fournier, OG Anunoby, Otto Porter, Willie Cauley-Stein

1 minute ago, AHF said:

You guys are absolutely killing me.  First time in the draft this has just been my board coming off one after another.

I went ahead and took two players vs a Coach because my big board was getting so small. I don't think any of mine would have been left at 165.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I went ahead and took two players vs a Coach because my big board was getting so small. I don't think any of mine would have been left at 165.

I considered it but liked my team enough that I wanted what I thought was the last elite coach. You could make a good case for still drafting players.

• Like 1

Just now, AHF said:

I considered it but liked my team enough that I wanted what I thought was the last elite coach. You could make a good case for still drafting players.

I agree and there is a big difference between waiting 12 or so picks vs the 24 I am now waiting. Huge difference concerning players that will be left TBO.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I am taking another Laker and going with offense for my next pick. Josh Hart was the summer league MVP as he averaged 24.2 PPG, 4.7 RPG, and 2,3 APG. Great stats but another Josh ( Shelby ) won this award also and he has spent his last five seasons in China after being cut by the Cavs. So this pick is not based on this MVP for sure. It is based on his 1st year stats with the Lakers in which he averaged 7.4 PPG and 4.3 RPG in 23.2 MPG. His three point shooting is what really caught my eye as he shot .396 from long range.

His splits are great and anytime he got over 30 minutes in a game; he showed out in a good way considering he was just a rookie. Even averaging 17.0 and 6.3 RPG for the final seven game stretch in April. I like this kid and think he will push current Lakers Starter KCP throughout the season. Worse case, I see for him is a deadly shooter and scorer coming off our bench. With the 144th pick in the Dynasty Draft the Flock selects Mr. Josh Hart!

Josh-Hart-4-640x496.jpg

I know who I am taking with my next pick, I will be going Defensive. @Buzzard is up again.

Nice pick, big fan of him

• Like 1