• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Daniel Hamilton signs with Hawks

GameTime

1 hour ago, hazer said:

It’s a good plan. Those predicting 18 or less wins clearly have an agenda. It just ain’t happening:

Lin/Trae/Bembry/Dorsey

Baze/Huerter/Dorsey/Carter/Bembry

Prince/Anderson/Carter/Bembry

Collins/Spellman/Prince

Dedmon/Len/Collins/Plumlee 

Thats deep as hell, better team than last year, and can damn sure win 28 games.

You're not winning too many games with Baze or Prince as your best scorer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hazer said:

We were supposedly Spurs East. Now Warriors East. Wait, no, Celtics South. Tanking like Warriors did. Nah uhh, like the 6-ers. How frikin’ bout we’re just the Hawks, doing it our way.

I nominate this to be printed in the mercury news (San Jose local paper) smeared in ? ? and rubbed on each of my scrub fan friends ?.

aka HE AINT LYIN (Hazer)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

You're not winning too many games with Baze or Prince as your best scorer.

Nope. But you’re winning 28 ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hazer said:

We were supposedly Spurs East. Now Warriors East. Wait, no, Celtics South. Tanking like Warriors did. Nah uhh, like the 6-ers. How frikin’ bout we’re just the Hawks, doing it our way.

Didn't you see the CLP interview, we're now Heat North.

9 hours ago, sturt said:

Don't underestimate Prince, imo. He's on the cusp of being an ASG candidate if he continues this same trajectory.

Why are you whispering?

Holy small font, batman.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, sturt said:

Don't underestimate Prince, imo. He's on the cusp of being an ASG candidate if he continues this same trajectory.

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Didn't you see the CLP interview, we're now Heat North.

Why are you whispering?

Holy small font, batman.

Good one.  Sturt trying to sneak one past us. Lol

10 hours ago, sturt said:

By the way... already casting shade on Hamilton? ...already the forgotten man?... hehe... the friggin thread bears his name, and he's still totally ignored in that roster grid?

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He might be spending time in the GL on assigment.

☝?

10 hours ago, sturt said:

Not usually one to disagree w/ you hazer, but I can't even barely get to your optimism.... or in this case, pessimism as it were, since we don't actually want to win.

Eternal optimist I am, Sturt-ster. But with this lineup, 28 wins is more pragmatic realism than optimism. Deeper and more talented roster than last year, new lottery odds disincentivizing the race to the bottom, and what I suspect will be a more competitive directive passed down from top brass will all amount to more wins than last year. The optimist in me would say 32 wins is possible, but the pragmatist in me knows 28 is most likely.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Slowly, as our world turns, the Hawks have players becoming physically able to join their fellow Hawks on the floor, ready for the combat of the NBA.

Really, because of several Hawks being unable to play, we don't really know what we have.  Some day, when the last of our injured birds take the floor, then we will begin to see.  The national press doesn't know who we are right now.  How can they know who we are when we are, at last, at full strength?

Daniel Hamilton is listed as a 23 year old, 6'7" shooting guard.  He was under two way contract last season.  Hawks signed him, as a free agent, to a full contract.

When you're coming up off the floor, you take any and all help you can get.  He may not be very good.  So what.  On the other hand, what if he turns out as very good.  This is why that teams like our lowly Hawk team from last season can take chances.

:approved: