• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks are actually decent in 2k19!!!

Wurider05

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Sonics were my adopted team during those years.  I considered turning my back on the Hawks then.  Around that time when the we made that Knicks team look like the prime-Warriors in the playoffs.  Ya know when Cris Crawford looked like the second coming of Bird then got overpaid.

I was on the Sonics wagon (not really but flirting) in 87 with Dale Ellis and McMillan and x man...then again when they got kemp Payton and Dana Barros. Loved that 93 team that knocked out the warriors in embarrassing fashion!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Dang, you old.  I heard you were a 'person of interest' in the whole Cain and Abel investigation.

Mine was ... Double Dribble ..

256px-DoubleDribble_arcadeflyer.png

Double dribble here too...unless u count the computer ? game my friend had. Can’t recall the name but it was hard to control. I liked it a lot though as it detailed the player’s attributes well at the time..at least better than double dribble where everyone was apparently Bill Cartwright. ? 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

My first:

bsktball2.gif

Nice!  For me:

s_Basketball_1.png

5 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Image result for nba live 97

The first basketball game I ever played.

First basketball games I really loved were playing the mid-90's Live games with friends.  Used to hold our own drafts and play our custom teams of studs.  Good times.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

My first bball game was whatever the generic sports game was for the Atari 2600 (I think that's the right  model) the one back in the 80's.

On topic...I've played a few games now with the Hawks. Made no roster moves except trade Plumless to the Lakers who gave me some 68 rated PG for him. Done.

The team is actually pretty fun to play. The pieces fit together nicely. If I can ever get Trae's timing down I think I can kill with him. I am already picking the defense apart with his passing. I just can't get his shot down. It is super quick. I'm not used to it at all.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My first bball game was whatever the generic sports game was for the Atari 2600 (I think that's the right  model) the one back in the 80's.

On topic...I've played a few games now with the Hawks. Made no roster moves except trade Plumless to the Lakers who gave me some 68 rated PG for him. Done.

The team is actually pretty fun to play. The pieces fit together nicely. If I can ever get Trae's timing down I think I can kill with him. I am already picking the defense apart with his passing. I just can't get his shot down. It is super quick. I'm not used to it at all.

I hope this is true in real life.:hmm:.

Who are your starters?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I hope this is true in real life.:hmm:.

Who are your starters?

Trae

Baze

Prince

Collins

Alex Len

I always play a five man bench: Jeremy Lin, Huerter, Vince, Omari and Dedmon. Starters play about 30-33 minutes each.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Cool. Is Bembry's shot still broken?

Yes. I don't use him at all. Same with the other cats. That's what simmed games are for. I play 10 minutes quarters, 7 minutes for the starters in each quarter and 3 minutes for their backups. The guys at the bottom of my rotation never are used unless there is an in game injury.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Yes. I don't use him at all. Same with the other cats. That's what simmed games are for. I play 10 minutes quarters, 7 minutes for the starters in each quarter and 3 minutes for their backups. The guys at the bottom of my rotation never are used unless there is an in game injury.

How is the Trae/Len PnR - what's Len's strength?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It isn't bad. I usually put Len in the low post. My PnR combo is Trae and Collins. Collins is a killer at going for the dunks or getting fouled at the rim.

Cool...can't wait to see the Trae/Collins PnR in real life.

• Like 4

So I got the game over the weekend and played a ton in MyGM mode. 

A few things I've noticed.  

1. Once I figured out how to use Trey, wow, just simply wow.  I did have to slightly change his shot animation to match what I can see for the best release point.  However, his progression is much slower than the other rookies drafted before and after him.  His potential rating is 93, which is high for this version, but after 2 seasons he's an overall 82.  Other guys are approaching 85-90.  I suspect its something around building up my training facilities. 

2. The PnR system this year is much better than last year's. 

3. if you haven't tried playing with some of the other rookies, try a few. For me,  Porter Jr is simply deadly with 3s. His height and shot mechanics really work for me. I got him on the Hawks Prince and the Dallas pick, but it worked out as the Dallas pick dropped all the way to 14

4. There are still some bugs in the game that hopefully will be fixed over the next few patch cycles.  

5. The MyGM saga continues was a never ending series of horribly written text dialog. Felt like I was playing a game from the mid-90s. I stopped in mid conversation after the first 30 minutes.  Luckily, they have a "traditional" MyGM so you don't have to the slog through inane dialog and being forced to not be the GM of the Hawks, or any other current team. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, frosgrim said:

So I got the game over the weekend and played a ton in MyGM mode. 

A few things I've noticed.  

1. Once I figured out how to use Trey, wow, just simply wow.  I did have to slightly change his shot animation to match what I can see for the best release point.  However, his progression is much slower than the other rookies drafted before and after him.  His potential rating is 93, which is high for this version, but after 2 seasons he's an overall 82.  Other guys are approaching 85-90.  I suspect its something around building up my training facilities. 

2. The PnR system this year is much better than last year's. 

3. if you haven't tried playing with some of the other rookies, try a few. For me,  Porter Jr is simply deadly with 3s. His height and shot mechanics really work for me. I got him on the Hawks Prince and the Dallas pick, but it worked out as the Dallas pick dropped all the way to 14

4. There are still some bugs in the game that hopefully will be fixed over the next few patch cycles.  

5. The MyGM saga continues was a never ending series of horribly written text dialog. Felt like I was playing a game from the mid-90s. I stopped in mid conversation after the first 30 minutes.  Luckily, they have a "traditional" MyGM so you don't have to the slog through inane dialog and being forced to not be the GM of the Hawks, or any other current team. 

That sounds pretty awesome. Can’t wait to get the game. Prolly this weekend.

21 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

That sounds pretty awesome. Can’t wait to get the game. Prolly this weekend.

When you get it, play with all the new sliders.  There are some pretty interesting things you can change up.  In last year's edition they added in how hard the simulated games are in MyGM.  I tend to make this go 5% harder or you'll start seeing 70 win teams. As with previous editions, you can fiddle with the AI, but now they've added a host of factors that the AI weighs for trades.  This can keep you from getting a silly trade offers.  For example, Houston offered an unprotected 1st round pick for Bembry. 

• Like 1