• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

White chocolate and Trae.

Wurider05

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

You know what, I didn't get a chance to watch the OKC game.  Reading folks' comments would lead one to believe the dude played like @Spud2nique out there.  Watching that clip .... it didn't look near as bad as folks are describing.

I'm thinking Dennis had some Lebron-esque chase down block or something.  Well, it weren't that.  Good play but folks made it sound like Rayford was at the halfcourt line and Dennis ran him down or something.  What TF is wrong with us?

The lesson I learned is I'm not listening to any of these clowns anymore.  This is ridiculous.  Dude shook and took Dennis to the rim like 4 times in that clip.  Good vs bad shots are clearly differentiated in that clip as well.  Guy was money on the good shots.  The bad shots were just that .. bad shots (i.e. teachable moments, not lack of skill).  A couple were at the end of the shot clock. What should he do, hold the ball to preserve fg%?

I'm so mad at us right now.  Agenda's are on clear display.

#DoBetterAgendaSquawk

Interesting indeed.  Also seemed to explain why the 4pt line is there.  And, for those looking to feed their agendas, it's not there to encourage dudes to jak up long 3's.  Yeah, I could explain it but F it.  I'm mad at y'all.  Watch the clip.

I understood from that clip why a line is there but have zero understanding from the clip why it would be a 4pt line to provide extra reward to people who jack up long 3's.

3 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

I'm not sure which one you are speaking of... I could name about five.

True.  I know a mod that fits that description too ....

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I understood from that clip why a line is there but have zero understanding from the clip why it would be a 4pt line to provide extra reward to people who jack up long 3's.

Well, let's be honest, comprehension isn't your strong suit. #ShotsFired

(Agree it doesn't appear to necessarily need to be a "4pt" line.  I wonder if it specifically says "4pt line" or if it's just a line and they refer to it as the 4pt line.  IOW, that could just be the name they use to refer to it but it doesn't actually mean you get 4pts if you shoot from there.)

• Like 1

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Well, let's be honest, comprehension isn't your strong suit. #ShotsFired

(Agree it doesn't appear to necessarily need to be a "4pt" line.  I wonder if it specifically says "4pt line" or if it's just a line and they refer to it as the 4pt line.  IOW, that could just be the name they use to refer to it but it doesn't actually mean you get 4pts if you shoot from there.)

So you have no clue why it would be a "4pt" line either.  Good to know we are in the same boat.

:drinks:

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

You know what, I didn't get a chance to watch the OKC game.  Reading folks' comments would lead one to believe the dude played like @Spud2nique out there.  Watching that clip .... it didn't look near as bad as folks are describing.

I'm thinking Dennis had some Lebron-esque chase down block or something.  Well, it weren't that.  Good play but folks made it sound like Rayford was at the halfcourt line and Dennis ran him down or something.  What TF is wrong with us?

The lesson I learned is I'm not listening to any of these clowns anymore.  This is ridiculous.  Dude shook and took Dennis to the rim like 4 times in that clip.  Good vs bad shots are clearly differentiated in that clip as well.  Guy was money on the good shots.  The bad shots were just that .. bad shots (i.e. teachable moments, not lack of skill).  A couple were at the end of the shot clock. What should he do, hold the ball to preserve fg%?

I can't agree with you more!  Just can't figure out why a fan base cannot root for its own players...Especially the young players that show promise.  Trae has looked good against NBA players but that all gets muted by the complainers.  Trae has a good attitude and is a quick learner.  We should be celebrating this type of player not picking apart every part of his game 3 pre season games into his career.  I kinda took a look around the league to peak at a few box scores and some of those rookies thought to be better than Trae have looked pretty bad like "cough" Collin Sexton "cough"

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

#DoBetterAgendaSquawk

Interesting indeed.  Also seemed to explain why the 4pt line is there.  And, for those looking to feed their agendas, it's not there to encourage dudes to jak up long 3's.  Yeah, I could explain it but F it.  I'm mad at y'all.  Watch the clip.

So instead of a rattle toy we give @kg01 the ability to ensure I read each and every one of his well thought out posts because he adds an @  to it huh? Well, fine. I’m here and I read it. Great work you’re the last Frank Isola clone.

ps I will say you were really taking a dump on Trae in front of @macdaddy on the  realgm board all year.

Just be a Braves and Trae fan and let’s move forward.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Again, I’m looking forward to the day that we all here at squawk meet up and play some pick up. If and when that happens, I’ve already taken names mentally. 

Ps Trae will be fine.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I can't agree with you more!  Just can't figure out why a fan base cannot root for its own players...Especially the young players that show promise.  Trae has looked good against NBA players but that all gets muted by the complainers.  Trae has a good attitude and is a quick learner.  We should be celebrating this type of player not picking apart every part of his game 3 pre season games into his career.  I kinda took a look around the league to peak at a few box scores and some of those rookies thought to be better than Trae have looked pretty bad like "cough" Collin Sexton "cough"

Preach, Peo!

Add Kevin Knox and Wendell Carter to that list right along with Mo Mamba, Bagley and several others who have been at or below Rayford's level to this point.  Yet those fanbases remain supportive and don't try to pick the dudes apart.

I mean, we're all fans aka fanatics.  This shat ain't s'posed to be rational.  Do folks just want to be right?  smdh

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Again, I’m looking forward to the day that we all here at squawk meet up and play some pick up. If and when that happens, I’ve already taken names mentally. 

Ps Trae will be fine.

Heh.  Something tells me, if there's a Squawk meet-up, it's more likely that a brawl would break out before a basketball game would.

Actually, I'd put that at about 99% more likely.

• Like 2

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

So instead of a rattle toy we give @kg01 the ability to ensure I read each and every one of his well thought out posts because he adds an @  to it huh? Well, fine. I’m here and I read it. Great work you’re the last Frank Isola clone.

ps I will say you were really taking a dump on Trae in front of @macdaddy on the  realgm board all year.

Just be a Braves and Trae fan and let’s move forward.

Ha.  Trae is a baller.  It's crazy how people think he'll be a bust or out of the league.   They aren't watching.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Ha.  Trae is a baller.  It's crazy how people think he'll be a bust or out of the league.   They aren't watching.

You know what will happen when he blows up..The same people will deny insinuating that he was a bust 3 pre-season games into his career

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Agreed and this is just a personal thought I’m putting out here as well. I said Trae was one of the best passing rookies I’d seen in 30+ years coming out of college, I’ll add that he is one of the most mentally tough guys as well. I honestly don’t think you can get in his head with any trash talk. His focus level and concentration on his tasks at hand are unbelievable.

@macdaddy I agree wholeheartedly, we have a very very special player on our hands. We went to a “team” concept by drafting Trae. He will elevate everyone’s game from day 1.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

You know what will happen when he blows up..The same people will deny insinuating that he was a bust 3 pre-season games into his career

Ya but we already made a mental note of who said what, and if that fails we just go back to the archives and check, then proceed to ridicule that person until they develop an eating disorder. Hey, we look out for one another on squawk!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya but we already made a mental note of who said what, and if that fails we just go back to the archives and check, then proceed to ridicule that person until they develop an eating disorder. Hey, we look out for one another on squawk!

LOL!

• Like 1

You guys are over exaggerating my original post. I only said that he reminded me of White Chocolate that way he plays now. I never once said that he would not improve or that his shot would not improve. I never said that. I stand by what I said. You guys are too sensitive about this. Whether you liked the pick or not he is a Hawk now and we should all want him to succeed. I was not a fan of the pick until I realized he was a pure point guard and not just a scorer/chucker. I want him to succeed. I tell you this he has too especially if Doncic blows up. It the trade involved any other team other than the Hawks it would not be a big deal to the media---but you know how the media likes to kick us around. 

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Haha, I don't want no eating disorders on my hands.  What I do want is for someone to rage-quit after being ridiculed for not believing in #TrAeTL (patent-pending)

Hopefully it'll be a mod quitting.  They'll probably pull all the plugs on their way out, leaving the site inoperable. (hehe)

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Denials already!  LOL!