• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

White chocolate and Trae.

Wurider05

• Premium Member

He has to improve his shooting. His defense is going to be a career work in progress. There's no nice way to address that. But his shooting is the "fix this now" category. We need him to score efficiently. I would live to see our coach address this with the media. I have to think behind practice doors they have to be trying to work on his shooting IQ.

1 hour ago, Bonkers said:

100% Agreed!!!

That's a strange thing to be mad about. It seems like some the posters on here are really nitpicking

If u hate Trae just go ahead and admit it and root for another team. These aren't valid criticisms of a rookie who hasn't even played his 1st regular season game

I just ran out of Likes, I was about to give u one lol

Yes I hate Trae. You figured me out. I forgot objective observations are not allowed, only Kool aid drinking homerism is permitted.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

He has to improve his shooting. His defense is going to be a career work in progress. There's no nice way to address that. But his shooting is the "fix this now" category. We need him to score efficiently. I would live to see our coach address this with the media. I have to think behind practice doors they have to be trying to work on his shooting IQ.

You are judging Trae based on preseason...Some of the guys he has been playing with don't know how to play and move on the court so sometimes he gets stuck with the ball with the shot clock running out.  He get trapped and harassed a lot without quality players on the court like when he plays with Poythress and Plumlee.  Its pretty obvious Trae is a good shooter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Yes I hate Trae. You figured me out. I forgot objective observations are not allowed, only Kool aid drinking homerism is permitted.

U clearly gave something against Trae whether u admit it or not. Your criticism of him being able to draw "cheap fouls" is one of the most asinine criticisms I have ever heard about a player

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

U clearly gave something against Trae whether u admit it or not. Your criticism of him being able to draw "cheap fouls" is one of the most asinine criticisms I have ever heard about a player

My criticism is him being an inefficient shooter. I never said the book on him already written. Stop being so sensitive. The only thing asinine is your blind homerism rendering you incapable of accepting any objective criticisms.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

You are judging Trae based on preseason...Some of the guys he has been playing with don't know how to play and move on the court so sometimes he gets stuck with the ball with the shot clock running out.  He get trapped and harassed a lot without quality players on the court like when he plays with Poythress and Plumlee.  Its pretty obvious Trae is a good shooter.

It isn't just preseason. He also couldn't shoot at all in college when they started playing real competition. His shooting in summer league was simply putrid. His shooting woes is a valid concern.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, Sothron said:

It isn't just preseason. He also couldn't shoot at all in college when they started playing real competition. His shooting in summer league was simply putrid. His shooting woes is a valid concern.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

17 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

My criticism is him being an inefficient shooter. I never said the book on him already written. Stop being so sensitive. The only thing asinine is your blind homerism rendering you incapable of accepting any objective criticisms.

Oh so now u DID NOT said some non-sense about cheap fouls lmao

Just now, Bonkers said:

Oh so now u DID NOT said some non-sense about cheap fouls lmao

Say*

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Summer league is worthless; preseason is slightly better but so SSS.  Throw those numbers out.

For college, he had a first three months of 40%+ 3pt shooting and a final two months of 27% 3pt shooting.  FG% roughly tracked the same pattern.  His ft% was consistently excellent.  I do think some of the drop-off was increased use of help defenders and double teams on him as the season went along and he won't have to deal with that same dilemma in the NBA.  

I'm putting a question mark here but I'm not overly concerned about his ability to shoot for the long-term.  I'm more concerned about him taking bad shots than I am about him being able to hit good shots if that makes sense.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, AHF said:

Summer league is worthless; preseason is slightly better but so SSS.  Throw those numbers out.

For college, he had a first three months of 40%+ 3pt shooting and a final two months of 27% 3pt shooting.  FG% roughly tracked the same pattern.  His ft% was consistently excellent.  I do think some of the drop-off was increased use of help defenders and double teams on him as the season went along and he won't have to deal with that same dilemma in the NBA.  

I'm putting a question mark here but I'm not overly concerned about his ability to shoot for the long-term.  I'm more concerned about him taking bad shots than I am about him being able to hit good shots if that makes sense.

I'm not questioning his shooting mechanics. It is his shot IQ that needs serious work.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'm not questioning his shooting mechanics. It is his shot IQ that needs serious work.

So you don't think his shot selection will improve with experience???  Based on what I've seen, it already has!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’ve stayed away for this reason. We are 0-0, nothing has started. Go take a dip kg. ? 

Eggsactly.  This is a useless discussion.  The folks that didn't like the guy at first .. shockingly have found a reason to dislike him now.  Surprise!

It's why I don't talk politics.  Folks have their biases and simply find nuanced ways to display those biases ... under the guise of discussing "issues".

Be better, Agenda-squawk. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

So you don't think his shot selection will improve with experience???  Based on what I've seen, it already has!

I...didn't say that at all. I said his shot selection is a cause for concern as of today, 10/08/18. If it is still a cause for concern on 10/08/19 then we have a  problem.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I...didn't say that at all. I said his shot selection is a cause for concern as of today, 10/08/18. If it is still a cause for concern on 10/08/19 then we have a  problem.

Why would you care about Trae's shot selection in preseason if you admit that it will have no impact on his future growth????

• Premium Member
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Why would you care about Trae's shot selection in preseason if you admit that it will have no impact on his future growth????

I didn't say that either. Are you trying to insert strawman arguments in every post now or something?

His shot selection regardless of where he shoots the ball is a cause for concern as of today. If he improves on his shot selection then it will no longer be a cause for concern. The question is if he can do that. I hope he can and does.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I didn't say that either. Are you trying to insert strawman arguments in every post now or something?

His shot selection regardless of where he shoots the ball is a cause for concern as of today. If he improves on his shot selection then it will no longer be a cause for concern. The question is if he can do that. I hope he can and does.

Wait..I'm still confused.  Do you think it will be a problem going forward or not?

• Premium Member
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Wait..I'm still confused.  Do you think it will be a problem going forward or not?

Maybe? It hasn't shown any signs of getting better. He's incredibly young so he has the chance to improve it.

I guess what I and others are saying is that his shot selection is a cause for concern. That could be improved but as of right now, yes, it is a problem. I do think he could fix it in time. I'm not going to give up on a kid that hasn't played a regular season game.

Somewhere between blind homerism and blind hatred must fall the balance of honest criticism and critique. Saying a player has a flaw or two doesn't is just calling it like it is. It also doesn't mean that player can't work on those flaws and get better.

• Like 2