• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

White chocolate and Trae.

Wurider05

Right now with his poor shooting which may never improve the NBA player that he resembles the most is White Chocolate Jason Williams. He could not shoot for crap, had suspect defense  but possessed good court vision. This is a the type of player he is today. I don't know if he will ever be as efficient as Steve Nash or as good as shooter as Curry, but as of right now he is the black white chocolate or would he be the half black white chocolate or the half white white chocolate?

• Like 2

I heard, somewhere, that last year he could shoot the ball.  Does this mean that the ability to make shots has left him?  Is he no longer capable?  When did this happen?  Why weren't we told?

If we had known that all his talent had left him, surely we would have done things differently, don't you think?  Woe is us!!

• Like 2

• Moderators

It's still preseason of his rookie year... Let's give him some time, guys. 

4 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

I heard, somewhere, that last year he could shoot the ball.  Does this mean that the ability to make shots has left him?  Is he no longer capable?  When did this happen?  Why weren't we told?

If we had known that all his talent had left him, surely we would have done things differently, don't you think?  Woe is us!!

And he also got off to a slow start before tearing it up in the second half of the season...

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

Right now with his poor shooting which may never improve the NBA player that he resembles the most is White Chocolate Jason Williams. He could not shoot for crap, had suspect defense  but possessed good court vision. This is a the type of player he is today. I don't know if he will ever be as efficient as Steve Nash or as good as shooter as Curry, but as of right now he is the black white chocolate or would he be the half black white chocolate or the half white white chocolate?

Ok, that made me chuckle.

To the comparison - I'd he prefer he just be Trae until he has a full NBA season under his belt.

• Like 4

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

It's still preseason of his rookie year... Let's give him some time, guys. 

And he also got off to a slow start before tearing it up in the second half of the season...

Actually, he did the opposite.  He was hot to start the season and struggled in the later parts of it - particularly once conference and tourney play arrived.

Totally, on board with your first comment, though.  It is laughable to say he will never be able to shoot.  He was a stud shooter in college and will have to work on how to get his shot off in the NBA but I expect we drafted him thinking he would end up being a stud shooter and distributor.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, AHF said:

Actually, he did the opposite.  He was hot to start the season and struggled in the later parts of it - particularly once conference and tourney play arrived.

Totally, on board with your first comment, though.  It is laughable to say he will never be able to shoot.  He was a stud shooter in college and will have to work on how to get his shot off in the NBA but I expect we drafted him thinking he would end up being a stud shooter and distributor.  

I knew it was one or the other... too lazy to research it. lol

And people are just too impatient in this society of instant gratification to give a rookie and a rebuild an ounce of time to prove oneself... :dry:

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

I knew it was one or the other... too lazy to research it. lol

And people are just too impatient in this society of instant gratification to give a rookie and a rebuild an ounce of time to prove oneself... :dry:

I'd be shaking my head saying "SSS" if this was a dozen games into his NBA career but based summer league and a couple preseason games?  Yeah, those mean basically nothing.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

C'mon, sun.

Can he play 1 regular season game first?

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'd be shaking my head saying "SSS" if this was a dozen games into his NBA career but based summer league and a couple preseason games?  Yeah, those mean basically nothing.

12 games???? That's it? :er:

It’s hard watching Trae right now.  Dennis (!) was muscling him in ways he never thought would be possible in the NBA.  It’s so easy for defenders to get him off the ball and prevent him from catching it back, let alone get a decent shot off.  Trae has baller genes though so I’ll give him a year to get it together.

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

12 games???? That's it? :er:

I'd still be in violent disagreement with drawing meaningful conclusions but at least that point you are a month into real games and it is more understandable to me if someone decides to jump off the deep end.

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Didn't Trae shoot 40% from 3 in the last game?  But anyway, predicting a guy's career based on a few preseason game is insane.  Heck.. Chris Paul Shot 27% from 3 his 1st year. 

Yes - 5-13 from the field; 2-5 from 3pt range; and 4-5 from the line.  (Led the team in FGA)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wurider05 said:

I am concerned his shooting might never be efficient enough to be a major asset. He seems like he's kinda streaky. I think he also a bit over reliant on getting cheap foul calls. Sometimes you got to be able to hit tough shots

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why call hem cheap fouls though? How about Super star calls. We complain when other teams with stars get them. If he's getting them, good for the Hawks, I'm not gonna complain if he's crafty enough to make the refs call fouls.

100% Agreed!!!

That's a strange thing to be mad about. It seems like some the posters on here are really nitpicking

If u hate Trae just go ahead and admit it and root for another team. These aren't valid criticisms of a rookie who hasn't even played his 1st regular season game

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, these referendums on a guy's career before even playing a regular season game are .... bonkers.

:cool:

I just ran out of Likes, I was about to give u one lol

• Like 1