• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Collins to miss start of regular season!

JayBirdHawk

Disability Insurance?  Hawks are not desperate to win right now.  They are more concerned with the future health of Anderson and JC.  It would be a real shame to bring either or both of them too soon and lose them for another 6 weeks.

:biggrin:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Varying degrees of ankle injuries.

Muscala missed 27 games with an ankle injury last year.

Jonathan Isaac missed 14 games, came back for 3 games, re-injured ankle then was out again for another 26 games.

what's the injury?

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

what's the injury?

All I got.........

In the midst of a preseason loss to the Memphis Grizzlies, Atlanta Hawks big man John Collins quietly exited at the halftime. While that would not have been out of the ordinary for a key piece during an exhibition contest, Collins was then sidelined for the following tilt with the Oklahoma City Thunder and, shortly thereafter, he was ruled out the remainder of the preseason, shedding light on some potential concern after being listed as “out” with left ankle soreness.

On Friday, the Hawks announced that the second-year big man will be unavailable at the start of the regular season. Collins underwent an MRI that revealed what the team is calling “mild inflammation and soreness” and that led to a non-surgical procedure. 

.....you can ask KB, he's a doctor :mosking:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, marco102 said:

It's most likely a high ankle sprain which I believe  can take 6 weeks to properly heal.  Then he has to get in practice shape and then game shape.

I'm no doctor though, just what I know about high ankle sprains.

That's just speculation...They never revealed that he had a High ankle sprain.  Definitely don't treat high ankle sprains with a steroid or platelet injection.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is starting look fishy...Collins out indefinitely for some mysterious inflammation of the ankle, Dedmon out indefinitely for the birth of a child, now Len outs while Vince Carter is an Iron man at 41?  I don't want to use the "T" word yet but if it act and quacks like a duck then.... You know what I'm saying.

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

This is starting look fishy...Collins out indefinitely for some mysterious inflammation of the ankle, Dedmon out indefinitely for the birth of a child, now Len outs while Vince Carter is an Iron man at 41?  I don't want to use the "T" word yet but if it act and quacks like a duck then.... You know what I'm saying.

Yeah...as close as some of these games have been...we may have a couple more wins with Collins.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

The head trainer is the one who took care of Steph Curry's brittle ankles, I'll trust her judgement.

Dedmon - if the games were at home, I suspect he would have played, no sense going to the West Coast when the baby was due any day. (Today was the day).

I didn't see the last game, so I don't know what happened to Len and his ankle.

Prince is also out tonight - sore achilles.

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

If Collins was healthy he'd be out there. There's no way he wouldn't want to be out there. I can only hope at this point it doesn't become a problem long term.

I'd prefer he sits out as long as he needs to to get right. I don't want him back too soon and reinjures it.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Prince is also out tonight - sore achilles.

So Prince, Collins, Dedmon all have missed time 15 games into the season with no real injuries but yet Vince has played heavy minutes every game including back to backs doesn't sound fishy? :blink: