• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Collins to miss start of regular season!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

hehe... my VERY FIRST THOUGHT when I read that subject header was, "we must have played too well in that San Antonio game."... and the SECOND THOUGHT was that KB no doubt already beat me to that conclusion. :D

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Well, they have to ensure that they lose.  There will be a lot of faked injuries this year.

KB you are living rent free in a lot of posters head lol.

Reality will sink in soon enough.  

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

Well, they have to ensure that they lose.  There will be a lot of faked injuries this year.

Maybe not "fake injuries", but as Volman was alluding to . . "back in my day" . . people played through ankle soreness.

This will definitely be something to track the entire year.  Let's see how many nagging injuries to key players occur throughout the season.

I'll say our projected starting lineup plays less than 40 games with each other.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Maybe not "fake injuries", but as Volman Vol4ever was alluding to . . "back in my day" . . people played through ankle soreness.

This will definitely be something to track the entire year.  Let's see how many nagging injuries to key players occur throughout the season.

I'll say our projected starting lineup plays less than 40 games with each other.

My bad.  Didn't mean to mess up your name.  The Vols season is bad enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This would hurt and likely land us in a bottom 3 finish...I mean we could be heading there anyways but not having starters playing together will really decrease our chances of winning on a nightly basis. 

We are deep for a reason. Last year the injuries hurt us because our backups weren't too formidable. This year injuries will mainly give other players a chance to show what they can do like Len is currently doing while Dedmon is out. Minor injuries for a deep team can often speed up the chemistry because other people get to step up and be a bigger part of the team. True Prince, Collins and Trae are our biggest pieces but they do have serviceable back ups as long as not too many people are out too long.