• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Collins to miss start of regular season!

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Azodl said:

You said it, you didn't prove it.

Alex Len 14.4 PER,  106 ORTG, 107 DRTG, .538% TS%,12.5 WS, 0.089 WS/48, -1.8 BPM, 0.4 VORP

Dedmon 15.2 PER,  113 ORTG, 103 DRTG, .599% TS%,13.6 WS, 0.135 WS/48, -0.6 BPM, 1.7 VORP

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Alex Len 14.4 PER,  106 ORTG, 107 DRTG, .538% TS%,12.5 WS, 0.089 WS/48, -1.8 BPM, 0.4 VORP

Dedmon 15.2 PER,  113 ORTG, 103 DRTG, .599% TS%,13.6 WS, 0.135 WS/48, -0.6 BPM, 1.7 VORP

Len has played with one of the worst run organizations in all sports his entire career. Dedmon played with one of the best run organizations in all sports for almost his entire career. That has to be taken into account.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Len has played with one of the worst run organizations in all sports his entire career. Dedmon played with one of the best run organizations in all sports for almost his entire career. That has to be taken into account.

I've got zero problem saying that Len can prove himself to be the better player but it is an absolute no brainer which guy has been better career to date.  A part of that is absolutely that he was developed by one of the premier staffs in the game while Len was left adrift for much of the time in Phoenix - but that just contextualizes the reality of Dedmon's superior career to date.  Bear in mind that Dedmon was only in SA for one season.  He spent more years in Phoenix equivalent ORL than SA.

It isn't close.  Hopefully Len improves to the point where it is close.  I think he'll get a lot of run this season and have every chance to make that happen.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Azodl said:

Not to mention the 4 year age difference.

You guys just keep giving reasons Dedmon is better today.  Older.  Better trained.  Better performance.

No arguments.  Len's opportunity is to catch up and pass him in the future.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AHF said:

You guys just keep giving reasons Dedmon is better today.  Older.  Better trained.  Better performance.

No arguments.  Len's opportunity is to catch up and pass him in the future.

I'm not buying the older = better argument and everything else is close enough that I'm not buying for one second that Dedmon is better. But we'll see, I guess...

I just like that we have them as a 1-2 punch at C, can take take it to the other team for 48 mins. Add to that the Collins/Spellman 1-2 punch and...damn.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

What I seen from Len so far is better than anything I saw from Dedmon last year. That said, I want to see Dedmon with Young

Really? Len has looked abysmal when he isn't being fed the ball right under the hoop. Dedmon has the better shot. Also, Len on defense has not been good at all. So glad to be getting Dedmon back. 

• Like 1

Are really debating who’s better between Len and Deadmon ? You guys have to realize their is a reason why we’ve been absolute garbage defensively. It’s because our rim protector can’t move his feet to help and can only jump 6 inches off the ground. I bet we play better defensively tonight.

• Like 3

Dedmon is much more active on the floor imo. I think that activity and helter skeltor style of play actually compliments Trae’s abilities much more than stiffs than are ball watching. Oh boy here we go... lol...ok I’m kidding Len isn’t a stiff just because he took a couple of yoga ??‍♂️ classes? Riiiiight. Looking forward to Dedmon tonight!

9 hours ago, hazer said:

I just like that we have them as a 1-2 punch at C, can take take it to the other team for 48 mins. Add to that the Collins/Spellman 1-2 punch and...damn.

Right.  I see no reason to dump one or the other.  Both are similarly talented IMO.  Injuries are always a possibility.  Why get rid of one of the two?  Allocate the minutes based on who is playing more effectively in the current game.  I suspect it would work out to about an even split.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

Are really debating who’s better between Len and Deadmon ? You guys have to realize their is a reason why we’ve been absolute garbage defensively. It’s because our rim protector can’t move his feet to help and can only jump 6 inches off the ground. I bet we play better defensively tonight.

This^^^^^...Also our pick and roll defense has been terrible because of center play.  Len hasn't been as effective in those situations as Dedmon was last year.  Also Dedmon is a better rebounder.  Len was averaging 4 rpg before the last game.  And on offense, is there even a question as to who is the better perimeter shooter?

• Like 1