• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dear Atlanta

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

DEAR ATL,

OUR VISION FOR THE FUTURE OF THE HAWKS FRANCHISE IS TAKING SHAPE.

As you read this, we are putting the finishing touches on the transformation of our home, the new State Farm Arena - re-inventing the venue into a state-of-the-art, next-generation arena to entertain you for years to come. With an immersive video experience featuring the third-largest scoreboard in the NBA, a new open concourse design with spectacular views from every angle, first-of-its-kind interactive spaces such as Topgolf Swing Suites and Killer Mike’s SWAG Shop, food options ranging from premium restaurants to fan-friendly favorites at reduced pricing, State Farm Arena will have something for everyone.

We are so excited to host you at the arena and introduce you to our new head coach, Lloyd Pierce, and our exciting young team. Widely regarded as one of the NBA’s future coaching stars, we believe Lloyd’s relentless energy, toughness and passion for player development and his experience creating a positive environment and winning culture will be invaluable for our talented team.

With Trae Young, the NCAA’s top scorer and passer last season, joining the likes of John Collins, Taurean Prince and veterans Jeremy Lin, Kent Bazemore and Vince Carter, we have assembled a roster with a mix of highpotential young players and quality veterans necessary to make sure each player is held accountable every day and reaches their full potential.

I'm ready!!!

• Like 4

• Premium Member

The coach went on to summarize some of his highlights of being in the city, which have included attending Atlanta United, Dream, Braves and Falcons games. Pierce said he also planned on taking a trip to Piedmont Park after Saturday’s open practice.

The athletic events and tourist attractions in the city are common pit stops for new faces in the city to make, but Pierce took it a step further. Since being hired by the Hawks, he’s invited Ambassador Andrew Young to speak at training camp, he’s visited Jon Lewis in Georgia 5th Congressional District office, he’s seen Big Boi perform live at the College Football Hall of Fame and he took the trip with assistant Melvin Hunt to Southwest Atlanta to visit Rev. Joseph Lowery in his home. Hunt and Pierce went to see Killer Mike at his SwaggShop on Edgewood as well.

“This city is enriched in history,” Pierce said. “There are so many people who have paved the way in different avenues, different sectors that have contributed to the success and community here in Atlanta. I’ve just tried to learn about it, first and foremost, to present an opportunity to get myself, my staff, my team in front of those guys, and just take as much knowledge, insight, perspective that we can from anyone that’s ever been a part of the beautiful city of Atlanta.”

In addition to speaking to and getting to know Atlanta legends such as Lenny Wilkens and Dominique Wilkins, Pierce is also focused on giving back to the city. The first-year head coach said that he’s interested in mentoring the local youth and in September, he hosted his inaugural Coach Pierce Atlanta Hawks Coaches Clinic, where various coaches from the metro Atlanta area were given tips from the newest Atlanta staff inside of the Emory Sports Medicine Complex.

“I know we provide a platform,” he said. “I know we provide an area of hope for a lot of people as basketball ambassadors in the city of Atlanta. I think it’s our obligation and responsibility to give back and present ourselves. Whatever format that is, we’re working toward, we’re brainstorming on a couple ideas but I think it’s important because we are the ambassadors. We are the leaders in the basketball community here in the city of Atlanta.”

• Like 1

Hmmmm

As a Atlanta sports fan I think these franchises are messing up with all these extras in the stadiums/arena. Don’t get me wrong I like it but there is a dramatic change adding these new cool things.

For example I’ve attended a decent amount of Falcon games in the Georgia Dome before it was destroyed and this year I’ve attended every Falcons game in the Mercedes Benz stadium. The Benz stadium is much better but our fans DO NOT TAKE THEIR SEATS! I get the falcons haven’t started off the best this season but fans taking their seat wasn’t the issue in the Georgia dome (obviously less cool shit but still) it’s now rare to see that stadium filled up and there are way more Falcon believers than hawks believers!

So take that and think about what all this new cool shit in the State Farm arena  is going to do during the games for a franchise who gets less fans to show up!....yeah, exactly!...it’s going to be a haunted house in there.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It's by design.  They have to give the fans a reason to come to the games during the many, many, many lean years that the Hawks are looking at due to the strategy they have undertaken.  

And it's much easier now to claim that the fans were there just not in their seats than it was in the past.  

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It's by design.  They have to give the fans a reason to come to the games during the many, many, many lean years that the Hawks are looking at due to the strategy they have undertaken.  

Pretty sure the poster was talking about the Falcons stadium.  Did the Falcons install stadium amenities because of the expected lean years for the Hawks?

:happy:

Just now, kg01 said:

Pretty sure the poster was talking about the Falcons stadium.  Did the Falcons install stadium amenities because of the expected lean years for the Hawks?

:happy:

The poster only referenced the Falcons stadium due to his experience there.  His point was in response to all the "amenities" they have added to State Farm Arena to improve the fan experience.  I addressed that point.  People are not going to come to a Hawks game to watch this crappy team intentionally lose games.

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

People are not going to come to a Hawks game to watch this crappy team intentionally lose games.

Looky there, you can be correct on occasion and I give full credit when credit is due. You’re exactly right, I won’t be attending games to watch a crappy Hawks team  intentionally lose games. I’ll be attending to watch exciting up tempo basketball and the development of Ice Très, Fresh Printz, and J-Bap into a dynamic core trio ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KB21 said:

People are not going to come to a Hawks game to watch this crappy team intentionally lose games.

4 minutes ago, hazer said:

I’ll be attending to watch exciting up tempo basketball and the development of Ice Très, Fresh Printz, and J-Bap into a dynamic core trio ?

Because I’m a REAL fan, and that’s what we do. And what I’ve been doing since the Fratello/‘Nique days.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Real Fan here - I'm gonna be front and center opening night to watch the start of a New Era of Hawks Basketball.

Stop worrying about what everyone else is doing and enjoy your own Fan experience in your own way.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

If I didn't live almost 3 hours away, I'd be right there on opening night. I have not been this excited about the Hawks in a long time. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. I don't expect many wins, but I do expect a more exciting style of basketball.

• Like 1

Lol I guess my name is now “The poster” @kg01 @KB21

anyways yeah my point was all the new amenities in State Farm arena will be taking away from fans actually being in their seats similar to the Falcons. No matter if they are good or bad. 

Falcons could be undefeated right now and our fans still wouldn’t take their seats. So I’m hoping that doesn’t happen to the hawks.

by no means do I believe they added the new amenities and spent all that money to purposely tank and have stuff for fans to do!  Lmao...goodness @KB21 you completely got the wrong message from me lol

im just concerned about fans being in their seats good or bad. The new amenities (which I do like) are cool but I want that experience of all our fans packing the seats rooting on our hawks 

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, JTB said:

anyways yeah my point was all the new amenities in State Farm arena will be taking away from fans actually being in their seats similar to the Falcons. No matter if they are good or bad. 

Falcons could be undefeated right now and our fans still wouldn’t take their seats. So I’m hoping that doesn’t happen to the hawks.

by no means do I believe they added the new amenities and spent all that money to purposely tank and have stuff for fans to do!  Lmao...goodness @KB21 you completely got the wrong message from me lol

im just concerned about fans being in their seats good or bad. The new amenities (which I do like) are cool but I want that experience of all our fans packing the seats rooting on our hawks 

I agree with you but i think those days are gone.   This is just the modern era of sports.  It's more of an event than a game and events now have to be over top to get people's attention.   The owners may want to see people in seats but what they want more than that is money.   So anything that accomplishes that goal is what they will do.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I agree with you but i think those days are gone.   This is just the modern era of sports.  It's more of an event than a game and events now have to be over top to get people's attention.   The owners may want to see people in seats but what they want more than that is money.   So anything that accomplishes that goal is what they will do.  

This. Owners want and care about people coming through the doors...what they do once they get in, not so much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JTB said:

I don't know man. I don't live there anymore, but I did come down to go to my first ATL United game this year. They play in the Benz, too, and there was no problem packing 72k people in their seats and going crazy the whole game. 

A good/exciting team will always be reason number one to go to a game. But if you don't have those amenities, there won't be any reason for people to come when the team isn't on top. 

5 hours ago, KB21 said:

The poster only referenced the Falcons stadium due to his experience there.  His point was in response to all the "amenities" they have added to State Farm Arena to improve the fan experience.  I addressed that point.  People are not going to come to a Hawks game to watch this crappy team intentionally lose games.

Well, I will.

SEASON TIX BABY!!

3 hours ago, JTB said:

Well, honestly I was tryna start some mess with another poster.  Didn't want to drag your good name into it.  Ha

• Like 1