• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Rookie Class

Alex

JJJ had good numbers for Memphis. He played 25 minutes in a blowout loss.  Saw him make a couple nice moves and attack the basket.  Miles Bridges wasn’t involved for Charlotte at all.  Offensively he isn’t skilled, but I think what will hopefully get him some consistent play is defense.  Will need to figure out how to defend the different players he might see on a given night.

Ayton was great and Luca was pretty solid too.  Sexton wasn’t anything special.  Bagley didn’t do anything to exciting.

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, Alex said:

JJJ had good numbers for Memphis. He played 25 minutes in a blowout loss.  Saw him make a couple nice moves and attack the basket.  Miles Bridges wasn’t involved for Charlotte at all.  Offensively he isn’t skilled, but I think what will hopefully get him some consistent play is defense.  Will need to figure out how to defend the different players he might see on a given night.

Ayton was great and Luca was pretty solid too.  Sexton wasn’t anything special.  Bagley didn’t do anything to exciting.

Offensively Bridges is EXTREMELY skilled.  I watched a number of his MSU games (including a couple live games for the NCAA) and he has a lot of weapons on the offensive side

• Like 1

Nevertheless, I’d like to go on record as saying this is going to be one of the best rookie classes we’ve ever seen. I think it’s going to be right up there with 84, 96, and 2003.

Trae, Luka and Ayton are going to be superstars imo while guys like Bamba, Bagley and Wendell will be really solid. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Offensively Bridges is EXTREMELY skilled.  I watched a number of his MSU games (including a couple live games for the NCAA) and he has a lot of weapons on the offensive side

Agreed on this. He’s got some drives that are strong and some playground moves that are hard to stop. He’s a pitbull. Anyone know about his desire and willingness to put in the work?

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Agreed on this. He’s got some drives that are strong and some playground moves that are hard to stop. He’s a pitbull. Anyone know about his desire and willingness to put in the work?

He worked hard last off season before his Sophomore campaign.  Honing his dribble which was clear during his last college season and really working on his shot especially from three.  I never really saw a lot of things offensively that he did at MSU that really made me think he had an arsenal of offensive skills.  There were glimpses at times, but or less he got by on athletic ability.  I think now as a pro he will need to figure out something what he can rely on to get buckets though.  That will come eventually, by trying to find it at this level is going to take time.

• Like 1

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I'm excited to see this data....in about a month.  After 1 or 2 games is just click bait.  The guys who understand the math know the numbers are meaningless with this small a sample size.

On 10/18/2018 at 3:00 PM, Alex said:

He worked hard last off season before his Sophomore campaign.  Honing his dribble which was clear during his last college season and really working on his shot especially from three.  I never really saw a lot of things offensively that he did at MSU that really made me think he had an arsenal of offensive skills.  There were glimpses at times, but or less he got by on athletic ability.  I think now as a pro he will need to figure out something what he can rely on to get buckets though.  That will come eventually, by trying to find it at this level is going to take time.

Nice breakdown. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Trae distinguishing himself in an unflattering fashion with Sexton.  I haven’t heard a thing about Jackson but obviously he’s contributing.  I foolishly and prematurely selected Ayton as ROY but if Doncic affects more wins like he did versus GS he’s the odds on favorite.  From what I’ve seen I like Gilgeous-Alexander the most.  He always surpasses flash for substance, great size and handle.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBA_Math/status/1064199051573411840/photo/1