• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Taurean Prince is averaging 21.8 points, 5.0 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 1 steal per game almost shooting 50/40/90 (49.2/41.9/93.3)

NBASupes

I feel like a d&@khead, I just can’t enjoy Taurean’s game no matter how much I try or how stupid his shooting numbers are. Maybe because he looks like a rugged player but is mostly finesse.  Maybe because I value random all-around playmaking more than raw scoring.

As far as wings I’d much rather watch Lockdown Kawhi than Let-the-Kids-Hustle Lebron.  Rather watch Attack Based Tatum than Settle and Chuck Durant.  I’d rather watch Oppurtunistic Ingles (AKA Intellectually Challenged Bird) than Spot Up Taurean.  Gimme Floor Game Butler over Ultra-Explosive Mitchell.  Players who make those hustle/IQ plays just impact the game more IMO and are more entertaining.  I think even Baze and Bembry have more multiplicity to their games.  

I just see Taurean as a vanilla guy who’s athleticism is overrated at the 3 who’s freakish shooting will undoubtedly come back to Earth, leaving empty minutes.  Kyle always brought great hands defensively and relentless off ball running to the table in addition to the league leading True Shooting.  With Trae already assuming the majority of ball handling late in games I can’t see any intangibles TP brings outside of spacing.  I can also enjoy being wrong and learn to appreciate him if he keeps up this torrid shooting pace.

Prince is a playmaking 3. Not a great one but he is always in the right position and cuts well. He reminds me a lot of Al in terms of off of the ball execution offense. He clearly doesn't do it on both sides of the court. 

His issue is his decision making on the ball and his inconsistency with aggressiveness. His shooting is legit and his movement is on and off the ball is extremely impressive. Very crafty.

Just now, Gray Mule said:

:biggrin:

Just asking.  Could switching from Dennis the Menance to Ice Trey have any thing to do with the scoring uptick?

:Schroder:

Didnt he score like 20+ going back like 10 games last year? I dont think its the rookie, even tho the rookie aint hurting

Just now, IheartVolt said:

Didnt he score like 20+ going back like 10 games last year? I dont think its the rookie, even tho the rookie aint hurting

It's def not hurting....at the very least I don't have to watch Dennis dribble for 15 seconds and go in for a layup. Man that was so tired by the end of the year. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, IheartVolt said:

I think it is fair to say he has picked up from where he ended last year while acknowledging all our players are likely to get some better opportunities with Trae running the show.  Specific to Dennis, it is worth noting that Dennis was out for a lot of Prince’s hot streak last year.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I feel like a d&@khead, 

You should  :biggrin:.

No, seriously you are viewing based on what you think he should be as opposed to what his growing, improving skillset is. 

I think his shooting is legit - how many guys can be a spot up catch and shoot 3 point shooter, a pull up dribbler from 3 and still have a step back 3.  That's versatility on 3s.

As always, his defense needs work.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Prince is a playmaking 3. Not a great one but he is always in the right position and cuts well. He reminds me a lot of Al in terms of off of the ball execution offense. He clearly doesn't do it on both sides of the court. 

His issue is his decision making on the ball and his inconsistency with aggressiveness. His shooting is legit and his movement is on and off the ball is extremely impressive. Very crafty.

Playmaking 3's don't average more turnovers than assists. He has a long way to go before he earns that distinction. 

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I feel like a d&@khead, I just can’t enjoy Taurean’s game no matter how much I try or how stupid his shooting numbers are. Maybe because he looks like a rugged player but is mostly finesse.  Maybe because I value random all-around playmaking more than raw scoring.

As far as wings I’d much rather watch Lockdown Kawhi than Let-the-Kids-Hustle Lebron.  Rather watch Attack Based Tatum than Settle and Chuck Durant.  I’d rather watch Oppurtunistic Ingles (AKA Intellectually Challenged Bird) than Spot Up Taurean.  Gimme Floor Game Butler over Ultra-Explosive Mitchell.  Players who make those hustle/IQ plays just impact the game more IMO and are more entertaining.  I think even Baze and Bembry have more multiplicity to their games.  

I just see Taurean as a vanilla guy who’s athleticism is overrated at the 3 who’s freakish shooting will undoubtedly come back to Earth, leaving empty minutes.  Kyle always brought great hands defensively and relentless off ball running to the table in addition to the league leading True Shooting.  With Trae already assuming the majority of ball handling late in games I can’t see any intangibles TP brings outside of spacing.  I can also enjoy being wrong and learn to appreciate him if he keeps up this torrid shooting pace.

I agree.   I'm trying though.   He just look like he is in the flow of the game.  

12 hours ago, benhillboy said:

WHAT??? I look forward to watching him play. He’s an upright physical beast! He’s a basketball player!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

WHAT??? I look forward to watching him play. He’s an upright physical beast! He’s a basketball player!

I like when he plays well. Prince on a bad night is the worst. And even in the Dallas game, they ran a play for him that was a long 2 towards the end that I knew wasn't going in before he shot it. I think he's gonna be the guy that comes in and shreds 2nd units. Also wish he grabbed more boards. 

44 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wait..you want him off the bench? Hmm, I think he’s starter material specially for us and specially right now.

Definitely a starter now on this team. On a contender/in the future for us? Idk.

He can initiate the offense and score without help, can get super streaky and go off. I think he would shine against lesser competition and make less boneheaded plays (he has one or two wtf moments every game). 

2 hours ago, mcleitsy said:

Definitely a starter now on this team. On a contender/in the future for us? Idk.

He can initiate the offense and score without help, can get super streaky and go off. I think he would shine against lesser competition and make less boneheaded plays (he has one or two wtf moments every game). 

He just strikes me as a guy whose improved in so many aspects in such short amount of time that he could still be rising. I see him as a piece I’m very comfortable moving forward with and allowing to develop further. Perhaps some biases coming from me because he’s a Hawk as well. ? 

• Like 4