• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Was Josh Smith ahead of his time?

Wurider05

Seeing how the league is right now where everyone us launching 3's--I remember how we used to scream "no" whenever Josh launched one up. Now look at  our players Spellman, Len, Collins, Poythrees, Dedmon,  along with guys like Randle, KAT, Porzingas, Blake Griffin, Draymond, Paul Milsap, etc.  The 3 for the the PF is common place and is encouraged.  The Atlanta Hawks version of Josh Smith probably would demand a near max contract today. I don't know what happened when he left us but was he ahead of his time?  I remember telling my wife that if Josh Smith hits that 1st 3 pointer you will not be able to tell him shit!!!

Image result for josh smith nba atlanta hawks

• Moderators
1 hour ago, IheartVolt said:

Speaking of boneheads,  Houston is offering four 1st round picks for Jimmy Buckets. Wow ?

643bb65c9166b7d670c4ceb7b0aa7efd.260x146

If those are unprotected over a 7 or 8 year period, I’d strongly consider this.

• Moderators

They would need to be unprotected - couldn’t be a situation where they convert into seconds or evaporate.  Houston is desperate.  Sounds like a solid gamble to me but one that only a GM with the longterm Interest of his team could do.  Not sure that is the case in Minny.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

One of my favorite transactions we ever made was letting him go to the Pistons.  I couldn't stand watching him play ... no player ever frustrated me more then him.  There is a reason he couldn't keep a job after leaving here.

He no longer had the (cl)ownership enablers.

• Like 2

• Admin
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

He no longer had the (cl)ownership enablers.

He was a mess ... didn't follow the game plan ... chucked way too many threes ... kinda avoided going inside much ... tried to dribble too much and (although I appreciated that he was such a willing passer) made a TON of bad turnovers.

• Like 2

• Admin
2 minutes ago, High5 said:

Detroit paid him a lot of money to play for them and then decided they'd rather pay him a lot of money not to play for them. 

Which is hilarious ... he got let go and he went to Houston for a little a half season with his buddy dwight ... did okay and at the end of the year went to the Clippers and they couldn't get rid of him fast enough ... tried to play in Houston again with his buddy Dwight but didn't make it long.  Bounced around and ended up China i believe.

He was a waste of talent and his very low bbiq and stubbornness in the end screwed it all up

Josh was a complete airhead! I've never seen somebody with such strong strengths, and such weak weaknesses, always opt for his weaknesses while ignoring his strengths.

The fact that he never made an All-Star team, yet his replacement proceeded to make 4 straight after he left says it all.