• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Every year the same 2nd round pick debate.

Remember the mighty Kay Felder from 4 years everyone was clamoring for?

He's played in 74 total NBA games, and is now playing in China. 

Hawks got $2.8 mil in the deal. That's it. Straight cash dump.

Yes, the pick is years away and may never convey but it's still useful in trade. It's that it can be used in future trades instead of it dying for straight ca SF k, the Portland pick (protected 31-55) we traded in the Dwight deal was from awhile ago, we traded a draft and stash from 4 yrs ago last year, Isaiah Cordinier we traded in the Crabbe deal.

They may not convey outright but still usefull in completing deals.

Eggzactamundo 👍🏽

25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Wrong, similar size. My bad

Culver is 1.25 inches shorter than Reddish at combine.  But Culver doesn't have a very big wingspan and Reddish has a huge one, if that matters to you.  Reddish no doubt has prototype SF size.  I hope he will mature and play hard, because it sure looks like he's going to be ours.

2 minutes ago, txsting said:

Culver is 1.25 inches shorter than Reddish at combine.  But Culver doesn't have a very big wingspan and Reddish has a huge one, if that matters to you.  Reddish no doubt has prototype SF size.  I hope he will mature and play hard, because it sure looks like he's going to be ours.

Motor is the question on him. I hate the comparisons to Wiggins but they are out there. And Wiggins went after the boards a whole lot harder in college.

20 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Motor is the question on him. I hate the comparisons to Wiggins but they are out there. And Wiggins went after the boards a whole lot harder in college.

Wiggins killer issue isn't motor. Its passion for the game. He is as passionate as Andrew Bynum. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

Wiggins killer issue isn't motor. Its passion for the game. He is as passionate as Andrew Bynum. 

Motor, motivation, passion, attitude, enthusiasm; there are many names for the same thing. A lack of effort from a physical standpoint that starts in someones head.

• Premium Member

For those of you that have found the time to provide all of this great insight and scouting about the picks, I really thank you! This place has always been the best resource to read about opinions of who we should draft. I wish I had more time to do so, but I'll be more invested in checking out footage of who we actually draft. Based on what I've read and my limited video watching, I'm hoping we just keep our first round picks and wind up w/ Reddish/Culver/Sekou in the top 10, and Bitadze or Kabengele at 17 (especially if we get 2 wings early). 

4 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

For those of you that have found the time to provide all of this great insight and scouting about the picks, I really thank you! This place has always been the best resource to read about opinions of who we should draft. I wish I had more time to do so, but I'll be more invested in checking out footage of who we actually draft. Based on what I've read and my limited video watching, I'm hoping we just keep our first round picks and wind up w/ Reddish/Culver/Sekou in the top 10, and Bitadze or Kabengele at 17 (especially if we get 2 wings early). 

Good deal man.  Nic Claxton (PF/C) got an invite to the green room....so he's going to go pretty high.  I wouldn't be surprised (or unhappy) to pick him up at 17.  

3 minutes ago, DBac said:

If we don't trade 17 I think it's PJ or Claxton.

You are hoping for PJ to still be there like I am hoping Bitadze or Clarke is still there. Claxton probably will be; not sure about the others.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, hazer said:

But he DIDN’T just “sell” them, like he stated he wasn’t going to do. He “traded” them AND got money back in the “trade” too 🤔

Reporting indicates that Atlanta’s trade with Miami essentially amounts to a pick sale, with the Hawks only acquiring the 2024 selection from the Heat if it lands between No. 51 and No. 55. In contrast, a league source indicates that the pick acquired from Golden State is unprotected and will convey as such.

I think the picks will be worse in both cases so it spells like a sell to me.

Four or five weeks ago folks weren't sure if Claxton would even go in the top forty and now he is heading to the green room. If nothing else the NBA draft is a wild roller coaster ride. Guessing getting the right trainer matched up with him may be as important as getting the right developmental coach. Just so happens we have both of those.