• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Vegas Hawks season wins as of now...

Spud2nique

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I will agree about his defense. Leaves much to be desired. I think if he falls into a good situation, he could be in the top 8 players. For us, he could play backup SG to Huerter and some backup SF to Cam, or Hunter or whoever we have starting the 3. 

D is suffering though and I’m sure Lloyd doesn’t love players who can’t at least defend a bit. 

He’s excellent on flare and down screens and knows how to wiggle through in a Rip Hamilton esque way. When he’s hot, like in the video below, he remains a team player.. at 2:12 he finds Jarrett Allen cutting when he could have fired another three, showing unselfishness. 

He had a few games he got hot but he wasn't good. He was below average for all of the season. 

If you look at that in comparison to Bazemore who was having a career year till the ankle injury 

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He had a few games he got hot but he wasn't good. He was below average for all of the season. 

If you look at that in comparison to Bazemore who was having a career year till the ankle injury 

Sure. In no way am I downplaying Baze and his career year, just saying if Travis truly loves shooter as he says, Crabbe is a guy you want want around this roster, at least for a little while. He’s obviously not busting the nets (pun intended) for 41 every night.

15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Sure. In no way am I downplaying Baze and his career year, just saying if Travis truly loves shooter as he says, Crabbe is a guy you want want around this roster, at least for a little while. He’s obviously not busting the nets (pun intended) for 41 every night.

Travis is a PDS guy, not an one dimensional guy. From everything we seen of these two, Baze is much more of a PDS guy and he actually defends. 

Bazemore true value is 7-8 million a season.

Crabble is a vet min guy. There is a massive gap between the two 

The elite shooter who can't do nothing else at a decent level is going the way of the post up 5. They are going extinct. There was a time they had a place in the NBA but now they are all at the end of team's benches these days. 

Crabbe

Ryan Anderson 

Korver

Jerryl Bayless who I don't think is in the league anymore.

Bellineli who shot 41% but getting mins

Etc

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The elite shooter who can't do nothing else at a decent level is going the way of the post up 5. They are going extinct. There was a time they had a place in the NBA but now they are all at the end of team's benches these days. 

Crabbe

Ryan Anderson 

Korver

Jerryl Bayless who I don't think is in the league anymore.

Bellineli who shot 41% but getting mins

Etc

Endangered at the moment. Never extinct imo. If you can shoot, and you are decent sized for you position, you are going to have a place in this league for a while longer. I also love a guy that can defend, but basketball 🏀 is and always has been about shooting. That’s why a guy like Cam went way before a guy like Nas Little. Shooting is vital in any system. 

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Travis is a PDS guy, not an one dimensional guy. From everything we seen of these two, Baze is much more of a PDS guy and he actually defends. 

Bazemore true value is 7-8 million a season.

Crabble is a vet min guy. There is a massive gap between the two 

Baze makes 19 million in 2019-20, Crabbe makes 18.5 million in 2019-20. Neither will make anything remotely close moving forward. Baze won’t make too much more than Crabbe if at all.

3 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Well, assuming first unit is Huerter and Hunter and assuming Hunter plays some backup PF on small lineups, let's say 10 min, your 2nd unit would be Reddish and Bembry which is fine but I expect some early struggles from Reddish on the scoring department at the beginning of the season, hopefully by the end he will have close to 25 mpg but I would not expect that at the beginning of the season. Crabbe is a good fit with Bembry, off the ball shooter with Bembry handling the ball more, I like the fit. I could see somethong like this ob the rotation at the season beginning.

Huerter (28)/ Crabbe (20)

Hunter (18) / Reddish (15) / Bembry (15)

With Hunter playing another 10 min at PF position

Bembry will be playing the 2 with a bit at 1.  The whole thing with him being a 3 is because of who he guards more often.

• Moderators

Guys who still succeed without being particularly good at anything but shooting:

JJ Redick, Bojan Bogdanovic, Wayne Ellington, Eric Gordon, Seth Curry, Joe Harris, etc.

Supes is right that it is becoming harder and harder to survive if that is your only real skill.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

As someone who watches a lot of Nets games, I don't see how you come to this take. Even when Bazemore struggled after coming back from the injury, he was still better than Crabbe and much better than Crabbe before the injury 

Bazemore don't suck, he did after the injury but before that, he was one of our best players. 

Baze will get showcased some to see if he can be moved at the deadline, as will Crabbe but playing time is Reddish's to lose.  Hunter was drafted to play the 3. Collins is the 4. Everything else are just fill lineups. The main lineup, most minutes by far will be Young, Huerter, Hunter, Collins, Len. 

Adams and Bembry (as of this moment) will backup the 1.  Bembry, Baze, Reddish will backup the 2.  Baze, Reddish, Crabbe will backup the 3.  Some collection of Spellman, Bruno or Hill will back up the 4.  Same + Plumlee at the 5.  The real question is the 1 free agent we will sign and or acquire via trade for the 15th spot and how that will change rotations.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Guys who still succeed without being particularly good at anything but shooting:

JJ Redick, Bojan Bogdanovic, Wayne Ellington, Eric Gordon, Seth Curry, Joe Harris, etc.

Supes is right that it is becoming harder and harder to survive if that is your only real skill.

Possibly moving towards that but I dunno man. Shooting is still shooting and the NBA is going more towards higher powered higher scoring numbers across the board. I think a roster can still handle a guy or two who is on the list you just provided.

Having said that, I’m not going to continue to defend Crabbe and Hill until it’s for certain they will be Hawks this year. I have supported guys before that never made the roster. Dang it Jarrett Jack! 😊 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, thecampster said:

The real question is the 1 free agent we will sign and or acquire via trade for the 15th spot and how that will change rotations.

I think we'll have some cutting that frees up a couple additional spots for FA or trade acquisitions.

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Reddish's playing time will depend on his strength and conditioning this summer. I don't think he will get guaranteed minutes ahead of Baze and Bembry during his 1st year

Everything has to be EARNED. That’s a huge part of not skipping any steps imo. A guy will never be respected among his teammates if the job is handed to him on day 1. Cam is better than the rest, he needs to prove it!

• Moderators
Just now, Spud2nique said:

Possibly moving towards that but I dunno man. Shooting is still shooting and the NBA is going more towards higher powered higher scoring numbers across the board. I think a roster can still handle a guy or two who is on the list you just provided.

Having said that, I’m not going to continue to defend Crabbe and Hill until it’s for certain they will be Hawks this year. I have supported guys before that never made the roster. Dang it Jarrett Jack! 😊 

I'm with you that elite shooting will always find a place but it is becoming harder to get those guys significant roles and there are fewer of them than you might have had in years past.  It makes sense.  When zones came in, suddenly you got punished for not being able to shoot which put a premium on developing that.  As more guys develop their perimeter skills, you see more versatile players who can shoot the deep ball and it becomes harder to justify a Ryan Anderson if you can get a forward who shoots 75% as well from deep and can do a lot more on top. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm with you that elite shooting will always find a place but it is becoming harder to get those guys significant roles and there are fewer of them than you might have had in years past.  It makes sense.  When zones came in, suddenly you got punished for not being able to shoot which put a premium on developing that.  As more guys develop their perimeter skills, you see more versatile players who can shoot the deep ball and it becomes harder to justify a Ryan Anderson if you can get a forward who shoots 75% as well from deep and can do a lot more on top. 

No doubt. I guess I’m just not ready to let the Craig Hodges and Kyle Korvers of the world 🌎 go. 

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No doubt. I guess I’m just not ready to let the Craig Hodges and Kyle Korvers of the world 🌎 go. 

Somebody like Kyle will still have a place.  He became a competent enough defender to easily play in any era.  Hodges I just don't remember enough about beyond his stroke.

• Like 2

I think Baze would not play much on Portland or Brooklin, Crabbe did, he is not just a shooter, he can do more things but was not asked to do it, there is no way Baze can score 41 points, Crabbe has not found his rythm due to injuries but when he could play some weeks straight he was balling. I agree about his lack of defense though. I mean Baze is a good guy but I doubt he will play significant minutes on any team, Crabbe would find a role on many teams and he fits well with our Pg and system.

Anyway I think both can leave before season starts and both will be gone after this season unless there is huge performance by one of them, I really doubt it. The future of the wings are Huerter, Hunter, Reddish and Bembry, I like the 4 players and hope for a good development of all.

2 hours ago, HawkItus said:

Never forget that Vegas sets numbers to get the action.  Not enough Hawks enthusiasts to set the number higher and still get good money on both sides.

I already put $115 on Hawks over 34.5. I think it reaches 37 by October.

• Like 2