• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Vegas Hawks season wins as of now...

Spud2nique

Or just pick up a point guard. Obviously a big name was not important and since the contracts are about the same between Turner and Baze just grab a true point like Frazier or whoever is competent and available. There again looking for a true point guard to cover a handful of minutes. Turner is here now so play well Evan. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Don't think Travis is really thinking playoff seeds as much as Pierce developing our guys who are at an age where they could still be in Junior College if they weren't outstanding roundball players. We are young and have some time to grow. 

I think you guys really misread last year.  Pierce was trying to win games last year and would pull guys including Trae when he was screwing up.  Pierce is trying to win.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I think you guys really misread last year.  Pierce was trying to win games last year and would pull guys including Trae when he was screwing up.  Pierce is trying to win.

That doesn’t conflict with Travis focusing on development.  Travis clearly was set on tanking last years. He gave Pierce a roster that even with great coaching would be one of the worst in the game.  He is shaping up this roster to be about development more than winning (although more wins will surely come with this young talent).

Now/Potential Review of the Hawks: 

Rating system: 

5 - Average G-League player

5.5 - High end G-League player (two way) 14th-17th man

6 - 11-12th man (Spending time in College Park, NBA player and has NBA ability)

6.5 - 8th-10th man (Quality rotational player)

7  - 6th -7th man (Borderline Starter) 

7.5 (Starter) Very good player. Has a defined game and ability. Role player. Solid player. 

8 - (Starter) Excellent player. High end role player. Champions level starter. Provides consistency. Gives confidence to the coaching staff. Could be supremely talented but lack the consistency needed to be a champions level starter. 

8.5 - (Low end All Star) Super player. Makes everyone better. Coach can count on him. Seen as a franchise piece. 

9 - (Legit All Star) Great impact. Reliable. Can carry units. Teams will offer him the max. A must to retain. 

9.5 - (Legit All Star) MVP candidate, brings it at a rare ATG level. Has flaws but plays to his strengths to the 10th degree and is unstoppable. 

10. (Superstar) This is James Harden, this is Giannis. This is Westbrook in his MVP season. 

HOF - LeBron James, Tim Duncan, MJ, Kobe, Magic, Bird, etc. This is a legend. This player made a significant impact on the game. His success speaks for itself. You gotta earn HOF ceiling. Not even Zion just gets it. 

Now/Potential: 

Point guards
Trae Young  - 8/9.5 The player with the most potential with Reddish. I am expecting him to make a major jump 8.5 or 9 zone. Players as good as him are legit AS in year 2. 

Evan Turner - 6/6.5 

Jaylen Adams - 5.5/6

Wings
Kevin Huerter - 7/8.5

De’Andre Hunter - 7.5/8 - Rare player. His potential is a 8 at 4 different positions. Ultimate versatility. His impact will deny his odds.

Cam Reddish - 7.5/9.5 - The player I feel has the highest ceiling in this class outside of Zion Williamson. Mainly for our system.

Allen Crabbe - 6/6.5

DeAndre’ Bembry - 6.5/7

Solomon Hill - 6/6

Charlie Brown (Two-Way) - 5/6

Bigs
John Collins 8/8.5

Alex Len 7/7.5

Omari Spellman 6/7

Miles Plumlee 6/6

Bruno Fernando 5.5/8

Atlanta’s own free agents
Dewayne Dedmon 7.5/7.5

Justin Anderson 6/6.5

Vince Carter 6.5/6.5

Alex Poythress (Two-Way) 5.5/6

Notables:

Bazemore 6.5/7

Doncic 8/9.5

Zion 8.5/10

R.J. 8/9.5

Morant  7.5/9.5

Kemba 9/9.5

KD HOF/HOF

How I felt about Trae/Kevin/Omari/John/Bem last year as well Luka coming into the year

Luka 8/9

Trae 6.5/9.5

Kevin 6/7.5 potential boosted an entire 1 this year.

John 7/8 

Bembry 6/6.5

Randoms: 

JJJ - 6.5/8

Ayton - 7.5/9.5

Bagley - 7.5/10 My #1 prospect last year before the season. 

Now with them

JJJ- 7.5/9

Ayton - 8/9.5

Bagley - 7.5/10 Opinion hasn't changed, I still think he's the best of them all long term. 

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

When does the QO for Justin Anderson needs to be picked up?

I may have found the answer in this capsheet breakdown....I guess we shall see.

What this effectively means is that Justin Anderson will not be receiving a Qualifying Offer (becoming an unrestricted free agent) and his cap hold will be renounced.