• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Vegas Hawks season wins as of now...

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I understand most people will disagree but Crabbe is the best player of the 2 and he fits better with our system, I don't think he will want to leave, he can make 2 good seasons at Atlanta that will help him on his next contract.

He has 1 season left on his current contract. 

He's not a DPS player, he's a spot up shooter only. He can neither create, dribble or pass.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if we're actually interested in taking Isaac Bonga, Mo Wagner and Jemerrio Jones from the Lakers to help them create space for a max contract? I'd like to get the first two, but I haven't seen any reports saying whether or not Atlanta is interested.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Does anyone know if we're actually interested in taking Isaac Bonga, Mo Wagner and Jemerrio Jones from the Lakers to help them create space for a max contract? I'd like to get the first two, but I haven't seen any reports saying whether or not Atlanta is interested.

The only report was that we will be involved as part of the 3 team trade.  

Hawks currently have 15 NBA contracts not sure how that's gonna work taking on 3 more players. We'll need to clear roster spots.

hace 52 minutos, JayBirdHawk dijo:

He has 1 season left on his current contract. 

He's not a DPS player, he's a spot up shooter only. He can neither create, dribble or pass.

You are right, is one season, I thought it was 2... and I think you are wrong on the dribble and pass, he is not good at that, neither is Baze... Crabbe is better shooter and can shoot from the dribble on pull-up jumpers with higher efficiency, Baze can defend probably better the SG but handling the ball he make a lot of turnovers and force bad shots, Crabbe could do that if he starts handling and dribbling but is good he knows what is his game. If reports are true we could obtain some value from Baze and Crabbe could play a role as a scorer on the 2nd unit.

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks currently have 15 NBA contracts not sure how that's gonna work taking on 3 more players. We'll need to clear roster spots.

From the bit of research I've done, we can have up to 20 players on the roster during the off-season, and Jones' contract is guaranteed up to 200k, so he could be cut cheaply. I'm not sure if Atlanta if actually interested in helping the Lakers though, or if something else is being negotiated.

30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well technically on we're in the off-season now and can carry 20 but I agree with you in principle. 

1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

You are right, is one season, I thought it was 2... and I think you are wrong on the dribble and pass, he is not good at that, neither is Baze... Crabbe is better shooter and can shoot from the dribble on pull-up jumpers with higher efficiency, Baze can defend probably better the SG but handling the ball he make a lot of turnovers and force bad shots, Crabbe could do that if he starts handling and dribbling but is good he knows what is his game. If reports are true we could obtain some value from Baze and Crabbe could play a role as a scorer on the 2nd unit.

I would take Crabbe over Baze all day. Crabbe is perfect for our team as far as style of play imo. He doesn’t need to handle or even pass all that much and here’s the thing, HE DOESN’T TRY TO and turn it over like crazy 🐔 Baze. All Crabbe has to do is move without the ball (he does that better than most on our squad) get open and fire 🔥

Im not sure if he wants a buyout, it makes sense he’s in his prime and wants to go to a playoff contender most likely. But like you or someone said, we can build up his value even greater than what other teams can do for him imo.

Baze is our guy. Most tenured Hawk who is great in the community and locker room as Bird mentioned. But I’d personally take Crabbe is we are talking strictly player vs player. If Crabbe doesn’t want a buyout, I’d look to sign him to a team friendly contract. Again, he’s PERFECT for our roster because of his ability to shoot.

I don’t think many Hawks fans have watched Crabbe but I saw him live at Cal a few times and watched a bunch or Blazer games in the past. He’s a super streaky shooter too but ever time I watch, he lights it up. 

Crabbe>Baze for me.

I love Baze as a human being though. Probably one of the best teammates any Hawk has ever had...right up there with the citizenship award winners 🥇 Doc Rivers, Alan Henderson, Steve Smith and Jamal Crawford who came before him. Baze is a good dude.

• Like 1

I believe an 8-10 game improvement is very possible for the Hawks. Assuming no significant injuries which would wreck any projections, we should be in the 37-40 window IMHO. I was encouraged by how we played once JC came back from injury. I see improvements across the board for our returning second-year studs along with JC. It will take 20 games to see our young guns begin to settle. I am hoping Hunter settles the quickest since his D is what should really begin to alter Hawks' games. 

Haven't been this excited about our team in some time! Go Hawks!!!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, gurpilo said:

The problem with Baze/Crabbe on this roster is that Hunter's play style, years at Virginia and his size all translate to being a contributor right away and shooting 50% last year and 43+% from 3 all are signs he might be more valuable.  When you include how well Huerter did as a rookie, there are only so many minutes at the wing to go around. I don't think there is any hurry to push Reddish to get minutes but if reports are true that his inconsistency was due to nagging injuries then you play him on athleticism alone.  If analytics are any measure, they drafted Hunter to have a true 3 next to Huerter whose numbers were very, very good at the SG last year and less than average at the 3. Factor in that LP seems to really like Bembry and you now have 4 possible rotation players at the 2/3 and neither is named Baze or Crabbe.

hace 20 minutos, thecampster dijo:

The problem with Baze/Crabbe on this roster is that Hunter's play style, years at Virginia and his size all translate to being a contributor right away and shooting 50% last year and 43+% from 3 all are signs he might be more valuable.  When you include how well Huerter did as a rookie, there are only so many minutes at the wing to go around. I don't think there is any hurry to push Reddish to get minutes but if reports are true that his inconsistency was due to nagging injuries then you play him on athleticism alone.  If analytics are any measure, they drafted Hunter to have a true 3 next to Huerter whose numbers were very, very good at the SG last year and less than average at the 3. Factor in that LP seems to really like Bembry and you now have 4 possible rotation players at the 2/3 and neither is named Baze or Crabbe.

Well, assuming first unit is Huerter and Hunter and assuming Hunter plays some backup PF on small lineups, let's say 10 min, your 2nd unit would be Reddish and Bembry which is fine but I expect some early struggles from Reddish on the scoring department at the beginning of the season, hopefully by the end he will have close to 25 mpg but I would not expect that at the beginning of the season. Crabbe is a good fit with Bembry, off the ball shooter with Bembry handling the ball more, I like the fit. I could see somethong like this ob the rotation at the season beginning.

Huerter (28)/ Crabbe (20)

Hunter (18) / Reddish (15) / Bembry (15)

With Hunter playing another 10 min at PF position

31 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Hunter is more of 4 than a 3. He is really just a forward

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I don't even have Crabbe in the rotation. Way too much love for trash players who are really just 10th man types. Baze and Bembry are clearly better

Oooohhh... I’d take Crabbe over Baze. 

hace 1 hora, NBASupes dijo:

I don't even have Crabbe in the rotation. Way too much love for trash players who are really just 10th man types. Baze and Bembry are clearly better

Then we all agree that in order to not disagree we want a rotation of Huerter/Bembry/Hunter/Reddish!! Reddish needs to step up so that Baze, Crabbe and Hill do not touch the court!!! I will be more than happy on that situation

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oooohhh... I’d take Crabbe over Baze. 

As someone who watches a lot of Nets games, I don't see how you come to this take. Even when Bazemore struggled after coming back from the injury, he was still better than Crabbe and much better than Crabbe before the injury 

Bazemore don't suck, he did after the injury but before that, he was one of our best players. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

As someone who watches a lot of Nets games, I don't see how you come to this take. Even when Bazemore struggled after coming back from the injury, he was still better than Crabbe and much better than Crabbe before the injury 

Perhaps as a Net but when I watched Crabbe at Portland, I saw an intelligent player who used screens well to get to open spaces. He’s a deadly shooter who commands respect so it automatically opens the floor for the other 4 guys. 

Saw him at Cal a bunch too. I’d definitely take him over a reckless Baze who always tries to do a little bit too much imo and gets 🐔 crazy 😜

Got love for Baze but I’d go Crabbe, specially for our roster.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Perhaps as a Net but when I watched Crabbe at Portland, I saw an intelligent player who used screens well to get to open spaces. He’s a deadly shooter who commands respect so it automatically opens the floor for the other 4 guys. 

Saw him at Cal a bunch too. I’d definitely take him over a reckless Baze who always tries to do a little bit too much imo and gets 🐔 crazy 😜

Got love for Baze but I’d go Crabbe, specially for our roster.

I don't even remember him with POR as much anymore but I've watch over 100 Brooklyn games in the last two seasons and he is not as good as Bazemore or Bembry. Both players are better. He is your 10th man type you need for situations but we would have 10 players in front of him once we add a backup PG.

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't even remember him with POR as much anymore but I've watch over 100 Brooklyn games in the last two seasons and he is not as good as Bazemore or Bembry. Both players are better. He is your 10th man type you need for situations but we would have 10 players in front of him once we add a backup PG.

Maybe he changed as a player. But he’s definitely a big time fit for someone like Trae. His elite shooting would allow him to stay on the floor over Baze though. Crabbe knows what he does well and does just that. Baze thinks he can dribble out of a triple team when he might not be able to dribble through some cones in drills. 

We will see if Crabbe gets bought out though. I like him for at least half a season if not more.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Maybe he changed as a player. But he’s definitely a big time fit for someone like Trae. His elite shooting would allow him to stay on the floor over Baze though. Crabbe knows what he does well and does just that. Baze thinks he can dribble out of a triple team when he might not be able to dribble through some cones in drills. 

We will see if Crabbe gets bought out though. I like him for at least half a season if not more.

Idk, he doesn't really do much these days. His defense went from bad to terrible. Doesn't put the ball on the deck, isn't much of a passer. He is just limited. He is the perfect 10th man for a team lacking depth which ain't us

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Idk, he doesn't really do much these days. His defense went from bad to terrible. Doesn't put the ball on the deck, isn't much of a passer. He is just limited. He is the perfect 10th man for a team lacking depth which ain't us

I will agree about his defense. Leaves much to be desired. I think if he falls into a good situation, he could be in the top 8 players. For us, he could play backup SG to Huerter and some backup SF to Cam, or Hunter or whoever we have starting the 3. 

D is suffering though and I’m sure Lloyd doesn’t love players who can’t at least defend a bit. 

He’s excellent on flare and down screens and knows how to wiggle through in a Rip Hamilton esque way. When he’s hot, like in the video below, he remains a team player.. at 2:12 he finds Jarrett Allen cutting when he could have fired another three, showing unselfishness.