• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Vegas Hawks season wins as of now...

Spud2nique

I can see us in that range. As good as our draft was those guys are still rookies who will be facing the best players in the world every game. You would be a fool to think they will come in and not have any growing pains what so ever.

Look at Huerter and Trae. Those 2 proved they have a place in this league, but it didnt come without bumps, bruises, highs and lows. 

The trio of Young, Collins and Huerter will be so good together next year after having a year of growth. But playing alongside 3 other rookies is going to offset a lot of our natural improvement.

Mid 30's in wins is very reasonable. We will be better than last  year but still a year away from winning consistently.

The only way we reach 40 wins and flirt with the playoffs is if Young turns out to really be the second coming, and that would be great news for sure lol. Huerter could take a leap too but our two wing picks will most certainly cut in to his time if he isnt aggressive from the jump

They always underestimate elite potential PG's 2nd season. With the exception of Jason Kidd, most have had massive improvements in year 2 to team wins/losses. Kidd would have if Toni Braxton didn't break up their locker room. 

31 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae jump to All Stardom will see this team win 42 games but really, the improvement from Prince/Hamilton to Reddish/Hunter is just as big. 50 wins, book it! 

29 to 50 wins would have to be an historic increase wouldn't it? I'll be happy to get 43-44 wins (which I think is optimistic but still reasonable) and compete for 7-8 seed. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae jump to All Stardom will see this team win 42 games but really, the improvement from Prince/Hamilton to Reddish/Hunter is just as big. 50 wins, book it! 

I'm definitely on the 50-win wagon. We may be inexperienced, but we are well-balanced. We can score inside and out, Young is gonna make any big he plays with a lot better. With the addition of Reddish and Hunter, we can become a competent defensive team. Once we get a veteran PG, injuries will be the only thing holding us back.

• Like 2

That’s a hard number to figure out.  I could see them hitting 34, falling short, or going just north.  They are very young and have no veterans that do anything.  Is Len the elder statesman?

Ya know for me I can see them making the playoffs next season which will be a major achievement in this rebuild process as it’s still very early.

But I don’t want to put a number on the wins cause really believe if they do click right away it could certainly mean 45-50 plus wins are coming.

the talent is there no doubt, it’s all about the chemistry at this point 

Just now, JTB said:

Ya know for me I can see them making the playoffs next season which will be a major achievement in this rebuild process as it’s still very early.

But I don’t want to put a number on the wins cause really believe if they do click right away it could certainly mean 45-50 plus wins are coming.

the talent is there no doubt, it’s all about the chemistry at this point 

To add I think a veteran point guard like a Rondo or Rose backing up Trae could really make a huge impact on the amount of wins if we have a backup point that’s that damn good at either scoring or facilitating (preferably a vet facilitator).

39 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

29 to 50 wins would have to be an historic increase wouldn't it? I'll be happy to get 43-44 wins (which I think is optimistic but still reasonable) and compete for 7-8 seed. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008–09_Oklahoma_City_Thunder_season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009–10_Oklahoma_City_Thunder_season

• Like 1

I am thinking 39 wins as my low ball number. It may take some time for all the new pieces to get acclimated. If we lose Dedmon that will be a hit also. By the end of December I think we will be one of the bright lights in the East.

Come January we will be getting some headlines and some upsets!

43 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I am thinking 39 wins as my low ball number. It may take some time for all the new pieces to get acclimated. If we lose Dedmon that will be a hit also. By the end of December I think we will be one of the bright lights in the East.

Come January we will be getting some headlines and some upsets!

Dedmon will hurt in terms of experience and screen setting but honestly, there was little to no gap between Dedmon and Len. Both were inconsistent. Both have helpful strengths and bad weaknesses. Omari is the one that needs to step up and be a good backup and replace Len's impact as a backup center. I want Bruno in College Park working on his defense and his screens. 

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Dedmon will hurt in terms of experience and screen setting but honestly, there was little to no gap between Dedmon and Len. Both were inconsistent. Both have helpful strengths and bad weaknesses. Omari is the one that needs to step up and be a good backup and replace Len's impact as a backup center. I want Bruno in College Park working on his defense and his screens. 

I like Len as a starter for now; but yes, Dedmon gave us a two headed rotation at the five spot. Omari and/or Bruno will be asked to step up if Dedmon walks.

I do think we can experiment with some small ball and have Collins at the five spot. But I think that will come later after Hunter and Cam get acclimated. Similar to when we started Huerter in mid December or so last season.

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I like Len as a starter for now; but yes, Dedmon gave us a two headed rotation at the five spot. Omari and/or Bruno will be asked to step up if Dedmon walks.

I do think we can experiment with some small ball and have Collins at the five spot. But I think that will come later after Hunter and Cam get acclimated. Similar to when we started Huerter in mid December or so last season.

That's something we did in his rookie season but avoided for the most part last year and rightfully so. We had no backup PFs last year that wasn't rubbish outside of VC. 

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That's something we did in his rookie season but avoided for the most part last year and rightfully so. We had no backup PFs last year that wasn't rubbish outside of VC. 

The small ball lineup will come down to how much offensive pressure we can put on the other teams D. When GSW does it, its because they have four real deal scorers plus ball hawks and threats to jump passing lanes all over the place. The Raps did something similar when they played Serge at the five. It can work but its not something to be deployed all the time.

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

50 is closer that 34.5 imo. I don’t think we get 50, but we might be the most exciting 44 or 45 win team in the history of the league. I see the jump though Supes. Pieces are talented, young, humble and hungry. We won’t take long that’s for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First of all, the ranking has Hawks failing playoffs by only 2 wins as has Detroit, Miami and Orlando tied with 36,5 wins so I would say is predicting low on the East.

Second, 34,5 wins might be accurate now considering the roster is not complete. We have some major contributors last year that we need to replace, Dedmon, Prince, Lin and Vince Carter.

Prince will be replaced by Hunter, 28,5 min and 13,5 ppg, 3rd scorer on the team, I think Hunter will provide better defense but will not achieve his scoring, 10ppg might be a more realistic prediction. On his first season I think this is a draw hopefully, the intangibles of Hunter hopefully cover the drop on production.

Dedmon has no replacement, 25mpg, 11ppg, 7,5rpg, 1bpg, this is a major hole, I don't think Fernando or Spellman can replace this numbers. Unless we sign a replacement here, this is a loss for the team.

Lin has no replacement, 10,7 ppg, 3,5 apg, we need a backup PG, roster is not complete. Anyway this loss I don't think has same effect as Dedmon.

Carter will be replaced by Reddish, 17 mpg, 7,5 ppg. I think Reddish might be able to make this production although I don't think he will have some big games as Carter that impacted as 2 wins. Might be a loss or a draw on first season.

Although we might lose some on the departures clearly Young, Collins and Huerter will improve his numbers making up on the scoring department the loss of production. I also expect some improvement from Len and Bembry. I also think Crabbe will play a major role as 6th man off the bench and will outproduce Bazemore, our 4th scorer last year, in fact I think Baze is the odd man out, Crabbe will score more efficiently. I also think our additions are better fit on the team. Considering all this I think we could be on the 35-38 wins range. If we are able to add a capable PG and a C I think we could achieve 42 wins.

Miami, Detroit and Orlando are the playoff competition. Miami is the one with better draft, Herro and Okpala, although their needs were more on the frontcourt, they had a lot of injuries last year and are a good team. Orlando, no additions and might lose Vucevic, hole at PG, Fultz might cover it? DET added Sekou but I doubt he makes an impact this year but they have a hole at SF and he fills it but they have a hole at the wings.

• Like 1

When Trae goes off the floor it is not pretty so think if we do shore up there with a good vet backup point and avoid injury overall we could break .500. We have what I believe will be a consistent ten man rotation after twenty or thirty games with the kids coming in. This based on upgrading that backup pg and Omari's diet of course. Think that as long as between JC and Bruno if one of them is always on the floor then we win a bunch of rebound battles. That will earn a number of wins right there. Them on the floor at the same time will be a glass cleaning exhibition. Roster looking pretty exciting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

First of all, the ranking has Hawks failing playoffs by only 2 wins as has Detroit, Miami and Orlando tied with 36,5 wins so I would say is predicting low on the East.

Second, 34,5 wins might be accurate now considering the roster is not complete. We have some major contributors last year that we need to replace, Dedmon, Prince, Lin and Vince Carter.

Prince will be replaced by Hunter, 28,5 min and 13,5 ppg, 3rd scorer on the team, I think Hunter will provide better defense but will not achieve his scoring, 10ppg might be a more realistic prediction. On his first season I think this is a draw hopefully, the intangibles of Hunter hopefully cover the drop on production.

Dedmon has no replacement, 25mpg, 11ppg, 7,5rpg, 1bpg, this is a major hole, I don't think Fernando or Spellman can replace this numbers. Unless we sign a replacement here, this is a loss for the team.

Lin has no replacement, 10,7 ppg, 3,5 apg, we need a backup PG, roster is not complete. Anyway this loss I don't think has same effect as Dedmon.

Carter will be replaced by Reddish, 17 mpg, 7,5 ppg. I think Reddish might be able to make this production although I don't think he will have some big games as Carter that impacted as 2 wins. Might be a loss or a draw on first season.

Although we might lose some on the departures clearly Young, Collins and Huerter will improve his numbers making up on the scoring department the loss of production. I also expect some improvement from Len and Bembry. I also think Crabbe will play a major role as 6th man off the bench and will outproduce Bazemore, our 4th scorer last year, in fact I think Baze is the odd man out, Crabbe will score more efficiently. I also think our additions are better fit on the team. Considering all this I think we could be on the 35-38 wins range. If we are able to add a capable PG and a C I think we could achieve 42 wins.

Miami, Detroit and Orlando are the playoff competition. Miami is the one with better draft, Herro and Okpala, although their needs were more on the frontcourt, they had a lot of injuries last year and are a good team. Orlando, no additions and might lose Vucevic, hole at PG, Fultz might cover it? DET added Sekou but I doubt he makes an impact this year but they have a hole at SF and he fills it but they have a hole at the wings.

Few people realize this but Len had equal to or better per 48 numbers to Dedmon last year.

Per 48 Len     per 48 Dedmon

27.1 P/48,      20.6 P/48

13.5 R/48       14.3 R/48

2.7 A/48         2.7 A/48

2.2 B/48         2.1 B/48

49.4% FG%     49.2% FG%

-.9 PER             -4.4 PER

43.4 wins%     39.1 wins%

Per 48 Len was the much more aggressive player offensively which led to him posting a slightly better PER and holding his opponent to a 2.5 point lower PER.  Statistically he was better offensively and defensively per 48 which is probably why he was starting by the end of the year.

I believe Dedmon's eye test was greatly skewed by who he was on the court with during the more exciting games but the statistical facts show they were better with Len on the floor.

A similar analysis of Spellman shows that although he was offensively statistically absent at times, they were still better against opposing Centers with him on the floor as well.  I believe the key to this season is Spellman doing his work and Fernando's adjustment period. If Bruno is what he is supposed to be as a 3rd option and if Spellman avoids McDonald's like a pregnant ex, we could actually be better at that position.  IMHO (and stats bear this out) Bruno as the 3rd center > Fat Spellman and healthy Spellman is similar to Dedmon.

• Like 1