Trae Young - The Case for Rookie of the Year

NBASupes

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

One voter didn't have Trae in his top 3. It was a joke to me but I wasn't expecting him to win. Too many media heads already decided who would win

For many of them it was a confirmation of their preseason assessment of the chosen one. 

It is for sure that Doncic had a historic roomie campaign, but it was not more historic than Trae's. This was the first year I felt co-ROY made sense. Definitely didn't feel that way about Hill and Kidd or Brand and Francis. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, enrique said:

For many of them it was a confirmation of their preseason assessment of the chosen one. 

It is for sure that Doncic had a historic roomie campaign, but it was not more historic than Trae's. This was the first year I felt co-ROY made sense. Definitely didn't feel that way about Hill and Kidd or Brand and Francis. 

He always did the dishes and the laundry...and he never ate food that wasn't his out of the fridge.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, enrique said:

Doncic's percentages after AS break were as bad as Trae's in November. 

Ummm....

Luka Doncic after AS Break:  .523% TS%

Trae Young in November:  .443% TS%

Not close.  That said, Trae was clearly much more efficient post-AS break but it can't be a surprise that voters react to volume production because they always have overvalued volume.  It is why John Collins wasn't in the discussion his rookie season despite leading all rookies in WS, etc.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Ummm....

Not close.  That said, Trae was clearly much more efficient post-AS break but it can't be a surprise that voters react to volume production because they always have overvalued volume.  It is why John Collins wasn't in the discussion his rookie season despite leading all rookies in WS, etc.

He did have a horrible March though. Damn near Trae's November level

• Like 3

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, Cwell said:

He did have a horrible March though. Damn near Trae's November level

His March was by far his worst month and still much better than Trae's scoring efficiency in November:

Doncic March:  .485% TS% :barf:

Trae November: .443% TS% :barf: :barf: 

Trae was like "Evan-Turner-in-the-playoffs" bad in November.  (Actually, slightly better than Turner's TS% over 1483 playoff minutes).

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, High5 said:

Some of y'all are just as bad as any of the Luka fanatics. There's no need to try to cut Doncic down to lift Trae up. 

That said, his real nickname is Talcum Brogdon. 

Skrong 💪🏾 

29 minutes ago, High5 said:

Some of y'all are just as bad as any of the Luka fanatics. There's no need to try to cut Doncic down to lift Trae up. 

That said, his real nickname is Talcum Brogdon. 

hapssh.gif

You sonofa ... almost got me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, AHF said:

Ummm....

Yeah...sorry about the overstatement. I meant November and March:...I was obviously off by a small percentage...certainly their end of year shooting percentages were far closer than these two months (Trae TS%=53.9% and Luka TS%=54.5%). In other words, Trae closed the gap in all the other months so that in the end they were only .6% difference. 

Trae's 3p% in November 19.8% (16 games)

Luka's 3p% in March 22.50% (13 games)

Trae's FT%= 86%

Luka's FT%=65.1%

Trae's TS%=44.3%

Luka's TS%=48.5%

So yes, I was off.  Danger of me talking without my spreadsheets open:)