• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We Gotta Clique Up

benhillboy

I’m in Cali but @hazer said I could crash at his place. Or this alter ego, @kg01‘s. Last resort is Isola’s..who btw kg, is by far the best on nba radio 📻. I can’t stand Eddie Johnson anymore and his sidekick...Tierany? Dude sounds like he’s from the 1960’s but he’s younger than I am. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m in Cali but @hazer said I could crash at his place. Or this alter ego, @kg01‘s. Last resort is Isola’s..who btw kg, is by far the best on nba radio 📻. I can’t stand Eddie Johnson anymore and his sidekick...Tierany? Dude sounds like he’s from the 1960’s but he’s younger than I am. 

Justin Termine. New Yorker. Jeeze he's in his 30s. For the most part, I think those guys are for comic relief for the afternoon drive.  They get into so many made-up arguments it gets a little old.  When Eddie isn't on the program, JT is actually better to listen to IMO. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bleachkit said:

You're not going to become a Rockets fan are you? Houston actually has some similarities to Atlanta. Warm weather, similar population, fairly diverse, underrated food scene. 

Why would I be a Rox fan? I just moved here a couple of years ago. I don't have no interest in their teams. When I lived in DC, was more into the local team as i had season tix

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, frosgrim said:

Those were good seats. I think it was against the Clippers and right behind one of the baskets. 

If I'm in town, I would join a get together. My fall travel is pretty extensive but maybe the Jan-March period will be a little less. 

Those were good seats.  If ASG did that, then I bet Koonin will hook us up with some nice seats for a good price.

36 minutes ago, frosgrim said:

Justin Termine. New Yorker. Jeeze he's in his 30s. For the most part, I think those guys are for comic relief for the afternoon drive.  They get into so many made-up arguments it gets a little old.  When Eddie isn't on the program, JT is actually better to listen to IMO. 

That’s it! Ya I actually think they are kind of funny. But the Termine guy seems to really like the Celtics...nothing new just a lot of Kyrie comes out of his mouth but I guess it’s the big news everywhere..well him and Durant. Eddie bags on him a lot too. 😆 

Basketball knowledge it’s gotta be Isola. Either that or that dude and I think a lot alike. Termine a a New Yorker and he likes the Celts? 🤔 

44 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

My unfinished basement has your name written all over it 💫

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

Pennsylvania here. I'll be right down.

Are the rumors true? Is Philly tough really tougher than other city “toughs”? Curious because of Cam and Hunter. How tough are you?  Tony Allen tough? Rudy Gobert 😢 tough? KD 🧁 benching 135 tough? 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Are the rumors true? Is Philly tough really tougher than other city “toughs”? Curious because of Cam and Hunter. How tough are you?  Tony Allen tough? Rudy Gobert 😢 tough? KD 🧁 benching 135 tough? 

Both our new guys wound up at Quaker schools in the 'burbs, but I won't go so far as to suggest that makes them, like my bougie behind, sawfter than an Amoroso roll.

Now, The Greatest Game-for-Game Hawk of All-Time, Rasheed Wallace of inner-hood Simon Gratz High, qualifies for the "Philly Tough" gold certification.

~lw3

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Both our new guys wound up at Quaker schools in the 'burbs, but I won't go so far as to suggest that makes them, like my bougie behind, sawfter than an Amoroso roll.

Now, The Greatest Game-for-Game Hawk of All-Time, Rasheed Wallace of inner-hood Simon Gratz High, qualifies for the "Philly Tough" gold certification.

~lw3

😆 I’ve never heard anyone say..Rasheed Wallace doesn’t look tough enough. That guy would have fit in nicely with the early 2000 Clippers teams as well with Darius and pretty boi Quentin and Lamah.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, frosgrim said:

Those were good seats. I think it was against the Clippers and right behind one of the baskets. 

If I'm in town, I would join a get together. My fall travel is pretty extensive but maybe the Jan-March period will be a little less. 

It was against the Clippers. I remember Bruce Levingston coming in the stands speaking with some of the Squawk members.  Someone must have mentioned Diesel because I remember Levingston shouting out Diesel's name.  LoL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Philly is tough, but the real tough guys are from Baltimore. B-more is one of the worst, toughest places in the country.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

Philly is tough, but the real tough guys are from Baltimore. B-more is one of the worst, toughest places in the country.

I always wondered why “gangster” hip hop movements didn’t sprout up from cities that basically pioneered open-air drug markets like Camden and Baltimore.  I guess they’re too busy actually living that street sh@t to rap as a job.  I think they frown upon the glorification/ exploitation of stereotypical ghetto living, as they should.

I love the Philly dudes though.  One time Flip Murray and Kobe jawed and chipped the whole damn game like they had the same girlfriend in high school or something.  All through the Finals Kyle was a floor game hog, killing em off the stat sheet.

Looking back I wouldn’t have pegged Nique as a Baltimore guy.  He has that west coast flash.  Gerald, yeah.  He had to get it deep out the mud.

13 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I always wondered why “gangster” hip hop movements didn’t sprout up from cities that basically pioneered open-air drug markets like Camden and Baltimore.  I guess they’re too busy actually living that street sh@t to rap as a job.  I think they frown upon the glorification/ exploitation of stereotypical ghetto living, as they should.

I love the Philly dudes though.  One time Flip Murray and Kobe jawed and chipped the whole damn game like they had the same girlfriend in high school or something.  All through the Finals Kyle was a floor game hog, killing em off the stat sheet.

Looking back I wouldn’t have pegged Nique as a Baltimore guy.  He has that west coast flash.  Gerald, yeah.  He had to get it deep out the mud.

I know Pac spent many of his early days in Baltimore but born in NY and a west coast Bay Area guy all the way as well. Little Melvin (Not Marvin) Williams also from Baltimore and played on the Wire I believe. Badass OG.

3 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

Ya I got lost in Baltimore once for like 2 hours... maybe 3..before Nav like 25 years ago. I missed some turnpike and I was screwed.