• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks trade Plumlee, Hill. for Parsons

GrimeyKidd

2 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I just love Schlenk trolling me by parading my least favorite players right down Peachtree, one by one. There goes the Evan Turner balloon! And here comes the Solomon Hill float! Oh no, wait a minute...

~lw3

It’s like that one bad beauty pageant you watched as a kid that haunted you going forward...

😬 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@JayBirdHawk drop the cap knowledge on us! 😂 

There was a rumor/thread here that hawks were looking to do a 2 for 1 expiring contract swap to free up a roster spot.

They could gave easily cut either to create the roster spot but my guess is they want to keep the expiring contract 'alive' since once you cut a player you can't do anything with the salary.

• Like 1

• Admin

Im not a fan of this as Plumlee when healthy 'can' be solid as a center.

Parsons has been a journey man with a huge contract since his injury.  It would have been easier to trade / release Plumlee and/or Hill's contracts then Parsons.  THey are all coming off the books at the end of the season at least.

Maybe there is something happening

6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

So what's the next domino to drop? Obviously you don't open up the roster spot unless you have a plan to sign a couple more guys.  Wonder who they could be and how soon they will be?  

Hmm.....:read:

Likely Fernando is one of those spots then I’d say it’s possible schlenk brings back Quinn Cook.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Zubac is free? Wtf. I thought this kid was coveted? No?

Bender fits well with the 3 ball and still has untapped potential. Imo.

Zubac is an RFA I haven't heard anyone talk about. And if Bender can become another Len im all for it 

• Like 2

• Admin
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Zubac is free? Wtf. I thought this kid was coveted? No?

Bender fits well with the 3 ball and still has untapped potential. Imo.

Problem is Bender doesn't defend.  That is WAY more important then the ability to shoot the three

• Like 1

Just now, capstone21 said:

Im not a fan of this as Plumlee when healthy 'can' be solid as a center.

Parsons has been a journey man with a huge contract since his injury.  It would have been easier to trade / release Plumlee and/or Hill's contracts then Parsons.  THey are all coming off the books at the end of the season at least.

Maybe there is something happening

Could agree to a buyout number that the Grizz wouldn't agree to. Creating another roster spot. 

Problem is Bender doesn't defend.  That is WAY more important then the ability to shoot the three

I don't think anyone on the Hawks defends so he fits right in 

• Haha 2

True. Bender is a bad defender no doubt that’s a knock on his game. Otherwise as far as body and outside shooting for. 4/5, he’s got it in the new age nba.

2 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Could agree to a buyout number that the Grizz wouldn't agree to. Creating another roster spot. 

I don't think anyone on the Hawks defends so he fits right in 

Not Happy DeAndre’s (both) just gave you a look 👀 

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1