• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

"Nothing up my sleeve... Presto!" lol

With the 37th Pick in the Fourth Round of the 2019 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, Lethal Nas X selects:

pascal_web_crop-1150x748.jpg

Developmental League Championship and Finals MVP, Big League Most Improved Player, and Larry O’Brien trophies, all crowded together on his bookshelf already. And yet, Pascal Siakam (Power Forward, 6’9”, 230 lbs., Age 25 as of 10/1/2019) still hasn’t grasped the simple concept of “Setting the Pick”. The shame of it all!

Look for more about Spicy P and the new Cameroonian Connection in the LNX frontcourt, right here in a short bit.

It’s time for us all to tip our Cap! @capstone21 has been PM’d and will soon bestow the next great pick!

~lw3

Thought he might slide to my next pick.  Love this as someone who is a perfect fit to blend into a lineup with superstars.  Versatile on both ends of the court.  Easy to fit.

• Like 3

• Moderators

When it comes to the Coaches, naturally without mentioning undrafted names, I've got the Better Than My 4th/5th Man tier, of which Bud is definitely one, the Better Than Most of My Bench tier, and then, way below that, the Oh Dang I Forgot I Still Need a Coach tier.

The top-tier clipboard-holders would probably drop another couple rounds if we had several more teams and hadn't filled out half our starting lineups already.

~lw3

12 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

When it comes to the Coaches, naturally without mentioning undrafted names, I've got the Better Than My 4th/5th Man tier, of which Bud is definitely one, the Better Than Most of My Bench tier, and then, way below that, the Oh Dang I Forgot I Still Need a Coach tier.

The top-tier clipboard-holders would probably drop another couple rounds if we had several more teams and hadn't filled out half our starting lineups already.

~lw3

Coaches are like kickers in fantasy football to me. Take 'em at the end.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

~lw3

Only 10 teams there will still be plenty of top 75 players left when this snakes back around to me at the 4th round 40 and start of the 5th round at 41. Not the same type of concern like in past years when there were 15 or more players ( teams ) making picks.

I think my 1st year doing this there were 18 teams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

FWIW, @IheartVolt,Bud is #36 on my Big Board (players 'n coaches together), so your pick at #36 was right on the money in my view!

~lw3

Well that's pretty funny, cause I was struggling between Bud and Siakam 🍻

• Like 1

• Admin

Ill make my pick when I get home from work in about an hour and half

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Thought he might slide to my next pick.  Love this as someone who is a perfect fit to blend into a lineup with superstars.  Versatile on both ends of the court.  Easy to fit.

i dig your team so far

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

"Nothing up my sleeve... Presto!" lol

With the 37th Pick in the Fourth Round of the 2019 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, Lethal Nas X selects:

pascal_web_crop-1150x748.jpg

Developmental League Championship and Finals MVP, Big League Most Improved Player, and Larry O’Brien trophies, all crowded together on his bookshelf already. And yet, Pascal Siakam (Power Forward, 6’9”, 230 lbs., Age 25 as of 10/1/2019) still hasn’t grasped the simple concept of “Setting the Pick”. The shame of it all!

Look for more about Spicy P and the new Cameroonian Connection in the LNX frontcourt, right here in a short bit.

It’s time for us all to tip our Cap! @capstone21 has been PM’d and will soon bestow the next great pick!

~lw3

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/3a094765-253d-40cd-94d1-9b71ca7f18f6

2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

With the next pick in the HS fantasy draft ... Capstone's Crew selects:

Myles Turner 6'11 C

turner.jpg

Myles is energy on both sides of the court!  We love his pogo stick defense defending the rim with a crazy 2.7 blocks per game.  Just try getting past him and Davis.  Turner is also very solid on the offensive end but the nicest part is his one 3 pointer per game ... shooting at a 38.8% clip.  

Welcome to the team Myles

@bleachkit you are up

There he goes! One of my bigs from last year. I think took him and Beal when it snaked around to me in the 2nd and 3rd round.

38 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

With the next pick in the HS fantasy draft ... Capstone's Crew selects:

Myles Turner 6'11 C

turner.jpg

Myles is energy on both sides of the court!  We love his pogo stick defense defending the rim with a crazy 2.7 blocks per game.  Just try getting past him and Davis.  Turner is also very solid on the offensive end but the nicest part is his one 3 pointer per game ... shooting at a 38.8% clip.  

Welcome to the team Myles

@bleachkit you are up

You like those bigs huh? I know you don’t likem lil ity bity pg’s doh.

Nice pick.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You like those bigs huh? I know you don’t likem lil ity bity pg’s doh.

Nice pick.

I am assuming he has Jrue playing PG with Booker providing additional playmaking support.  AD/Turner is a nice pair of big men.

• Like 3

• Admin
15 minutes ago, AHF said:

I am assuming he has Jrue playing PG with Booker providing additional playmaking support.  AD/Turner is a nice pair of big men.

Yes, I see Booker as a playmaking shooting guard.  He and Jrue (and his phenomenal defense) are my backcourt and they compliment each other really well

• Like 2

So with this pick I really want a dominant two way wing. There really isn't a veteran two way wing left that caches my fancy, so I'm going young. 

220px-R._J._BARRETT.jpg

Might be a slight reach but I was worried Buzzard was going to take him with two picks coming up as he is going young in the draft.

MAPLE MAMBA

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So with this pick I really want z dominant two way wing. There really isn't a veteran two way wing that caches my fancy, so I'm going young. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/chF7FZ8UUyAoTpZb8

I see the image is RJ Barrett. Just making sure he is your man before I start picking.

Edited by Buzzard

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Yes it's him, the insert URL image thing isn't working. Am I doing something wrong?

I think it has to do with where the image is coming from. Some sites protect their images from being copied. I say this because some have worked for me and some have not. Seems like it depends on the site I grabbed them from.

Edited by Buzzard

This pick is easy simply because I need a SG and I like his game a lot. In fact, he and Trae had a 4 OT battle for the ages last season. During which all I could think was can anyone please stop this guy! He put up 47 points that night with a line of FG% .486/3PT% .429/FT% .636 with 9 boards and 9 assists.

He had a career best 23.7 PTS with 4.7 TRB and 4.5 AST’ while shooting .467 from the field, .374 from three, and .832 from the free throw line last season. His real story is similar to Trae’s; which begins in the 2nd half of the season. In February he averaged 24.5. 5.4, and 5.8 while shooting .532 from the field, .490 from three, and .830 from the charity stripe. In March’s five games his line was 26.9. 5.3. 4.6. on .471/.409/.710.

I am good with his injury risk and think he is worth it. Please welcome to the Flock Mr. Zach Lavine!

Only way to stop him, is to mug him!

zach_lavine_drives_to_the_basket_against

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1