• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

That’s actually a fair deal without a doubt. I’m gonna hang on to him though and see what we do with a couple more picks. It would be adding crazy 😜 depth though with the pick exchange. You tickled my buying bone badly and I’m ticklish. 😬 

I thought it was fair too. I think some, not all, forgot about Lavine and what he did last season. You would own the next two rounds with six picks. I never liked him to be honest until him and Trae had that battle. I followed him some after that for sure.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I thought it was fair too. I think some, not all, forgot about Lavine and what he did last season. You would own the next two rounds with six picks. I never liked him to be honest until him and Trae had that battle. I followed him some after that for sure.

Nice. I kept an eye on him at UCLA a bit and in a few games vs us. I like his athleticism a ton, just wish he was less of a combo guard. In my eyes if he had a clear objective and role on a team he would be a bit more efficient and he is definitely capable of that. He has vastly improved his outside stroke as well throughout the years. If I recall correctly he stunk as an outside shooter just a couple years back. Kudos on the gym time put in for that. A tad more D is also desired as he is most definitely capable with that aforementioned athleticism. 

• Moderators

Spud couldn't let go of his love at any price.  Ignore whatever rationalization he throws out and just know that his life size "huggable" model of Doncic rarely leaves his reach.

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Nice. I kept an eye on him at UCLA a bit and in a few games vs us. I like his athleticism a ton, just wish he was less of a combo guard. In my eyes if he had a clear objective and role on a team he would be a bit more efficient and he is definitely capable of that. He has vastly improved his outside stroke as well throughout the years. If I recall correctly he stunk as an outside shooter just a couple years back. Kudos on the gym time put in for that. A tad more D is also desired as he is most definitely capable with that aforementioned athleticism. 

The reason I did not like him was I thought he was all athlete with no shot. A smaller version of Josh Smith. I also thought that injury took away his explosiveness but that does not seem to be the case. With a 83.2 FT% and shooting 37.4 from three last season he certainly does not deserve that comparison.

• Like 1

• Moderators

LaVine's offense is totally legit.  The defense is the big worry with him.  I was thinking he would have taken a big step up by now on that end of the floor instead of the much more incremental improvement he has made ala THJr.  He could really be a lock down guy if he wanted but no comparison to Josh Smith on offense at all.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

LaVine's offense is totally legit.  The defense is the big worry with him.  I was thinking he would have taken a big step up by now on that end of the floor instead of the much more incremental improvement he has made ala THJr.  He could really be a lock down guy if he wanted but no comparison to Josh Smith on offense at all.

Total games played in 16/17 ( 47 ) and 17/18 ( 24 ) is only 71, about one full season and not a lot of continuous reps. Provided he can stay on the floor, I expect him to be the next big thing in Chicago hype wise since Jimmy Buckets broke out.

• Premium Member

Jay's CrapBirds:  Select SF Josh Richardson

PG: Kyrie, Irving, Russell Westbrook

SG: Victor Oladipo 

SF: Josh Richardson 

C - Big KAT

@Spud2nique

[Add]

JOSH RICHARDSON

Richardson is one of the league's most underrated wings over the last several seasons - largely due to the complete lack of attention he had coming into the league.  As a second round pick, Richardson quickly proved himself to Pat Riley and the coaching staff in Miami and worked his way into the rotation even as a rookie by playing tough D and hitting a high % of his 3pt opportunities.  

He evolved from an ideal rotation player his first two years into Miami's lead scorer last season while chipping in a healthy 4.1 assists, 3.6 rebounds and nearly 2 steals & blocks per game.  As guy who just wants to win, Richardson has been versatile enough to play SG or SF - wherever the Heat needed him - often matching up against the opponent's top scoring threat on D.  

Career to date he is a 37% 3pt shooter which means that Jay's opponents will have to be in his face or face the prospect of a three being dropped on them from the wing.  At age 25, he'll be giving headache's to defenses and opposing offenses for years to come.  Richardson fits into any lineup and is an outstanding addition to the CrapBirds' rotation.

josh-richardson-heat-getty-ftr-030417_36

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Jay's CrapBirds:  Select SF Jayson Tatum

SF: Jayson Tatum

C - Big KAT

@Spud2nique

He was gone at 30 by Spud @JayBirdHawk

I sent JayBird a PM on this also.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Jay's CrapBirds:  Select SF Josh Richardson

SF: Josh Richardson 

C - Big KAT

@Spud2nique

Josh is a solid. Riley was damn sure stingy with him. Took them forever to finally move him.

Edited by Buzzard

The Spudsters 🥔 are always looking for high quality people as well as talented players and our next guy exhibits both on and off the floor not to mention in his 🧬!

YOU SON OF A !!!!!!! 😆 

You can’t run 🏃 away from the DNA 🧬! I hear that often from Clark Kellogg on 2k. Specially if your dad was a Lithuanian great. His dad was initially a Hawk in 85....oh what could have been. Can you imagine Nique with a center that was the modern day Jokic? Are you kidding me? (More on this at the bottom). 😞 

With averages of 14.1 points and 9.3 boards last year, his 3rd year in the league and just starting to find his niche. He has improved his overall numbers in nearly every category each year he’s been in the league. The guy is solid as a rock and always dependable as a weapon on the floor or as a teammate in the locker room. Consummate professional and only 23 years old.

GM Spud said: High character guy who is a worker. What’s not to like? 😊 

The Spudsters are rounding out their starting lineup with another international sensation. I also happen to know a mod that appreciates his game very much. I hope 🤞🏽 I have your blessing on this pick lw3!

With the 52nd (?) pick in the Squawk Dynasty Draft, the Spudsters select:

C/F (first season listed as a pf, last two, a center):

DOMANTAS SABONIS

Sabonis was originally selected by the Atlanta Hawks, with the 77th overall pick, of the 1985 NBA draft. However, the selection was voided, because Sabonis was under 21 at the time of the draft. The following spring, he suffered a devastating Achilles' tendon injury. Nevertheless, he was selected by the Portland Trail Blazers, with the 24th overall pick of the 1986 NBA draft.[4]

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

The Spudsters 🥔 are always looking for high quality people as well as talented players and our next guy exhibits both on and off the floor not to mention in his 🧬!

YOU SON OF A !!!!!!! 😆 

You can’t run 🏃 away from the DNA 🧬! I hear that often from Clark Kellogg on 2k. Specially if your dad was a Lithuanian great. His dad was initially a Hawk in 85....oh what could have been. Can you imagine Nique with a center that was the modern day Jokic? Are you kidding me? (More on this at the bottom). 😞 

With averages of 14.1 points and 9.3 boards last year, his 3rd year in the league and just starting to find his niche. He has improved his overall numbers in nearly every category each year he’s been in the league. The guy is solid as a rock and always dependable as a weapon on the floor or as a teammate in the locker room. Consummate professional and only 23 years old.

GM Spud said: High character guy who is a worker. What’s not to like? 😊 

The Spudsters are rounding out their starting lineup with another international sensation. I also happen to know a mod that appreciates his game very much. I hope 🤞🏽 I have your blessing on this pick lw3!

With the 52nd (?) pick in the Squawk Dynasty Draft, the Spudsters select:

C/F (first season listed as a pf, last two, a center):

DOMANTAS SABONIS

Sabonis was originally selected by the Atlanta Hawks, with the 77th overall pick, of the 1985 NBA draft. However, the selection was voided, because Sabonis was under 21 at the time of the draft. The following spring, he suffered a devastating Achilles' tendon injury. Nevertheless, he was selected by the Portland Trail Blazers, with the 24th overall pick of the 1986 NBA draft.[4]

50th pick but who is counting? OKC had and lost so much talent it is mind boggling. No rings but plenty of talent.

• Like 1

I started out with a list of 28 players I wanted for picks 10 and 13 when we started this thing. Out of the 28 players, 1 is still miraculously on the board. 

Meanwhile, a new contender has risen. Luckily I have a bit of time. I’m guessing Bird isn’t in a super rush to select.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I started out with a list of 28 players I wanted for picks 10 and 13 when we started this thing. Out of the 28 players, 1 is still miraculously on the board. 

Meanwhile, a new contender has risen. Luckily I have a bit of time. I’m guessing Bird isn’t in a super rush to select.

Are you working on a trade or just fallen asleep at the draft wheel?