• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

25 minutes ago, AHF said:

This was actually a really tough pick.  There are a bunch of young studs that I think would be great choices here.  But there is only one MVP level talent who in an injury wrecked season still put up a 25.6 PER, .179 WS/48, 8.1 BPM, and 4.9 VORP.  In this down season, he averaged 27.4 points on .588% TS% to go with 8.5 rebounds and 8.3 assists.  A nice 2 steals / blocks thrown in as well.

And there is only one reason you play this game...to bring home the championship trophy.

article-2447355-1891750D00000578-105_634

While he is the ripe old age of 34, we think he'll still be a difference maker for the foreseeable future.  And with Harden and Gobert already in place, adding a super versatile player who can still pretty much do whatever he wants to do is a no-brainer with our championship aspirations.

With the 28th pick, the U-Niques select:

LeBron James

news_lebron-james-kentucky-deal.jpg

We think there will be someone we really want on the next pick and that our team will be much stronger for grabbing LBJ now.  Welcome to the squad, Mr. James!

U-Niques

James Harden

LeBron James

Rody Gobert

@LucastheThird is up

@Nicholasp27

@Diesel please show up with your next pick after Lucas!

( @JayBirdHawk please PM me some ideas if you are still willing to put up with us)

Great Pick this late. I was on the fence with him the whole time I was picking. I had a write up almost done but could not figure who of JJJ and Ayton I would take to go with him. One of my thoughts was if I pass on LeBron someone was going to put together a really quick big three win now combo. I finally said bump it and took Ayton and JJJ trashing my whole write up.

No doubt he is a steal this late as is Durant in a keeper league @pimp

5 hours ago, AHF said:

This was actually a really tough pick.  There are a bunch of young studs that I think would be great choices here.  But there is only one MVP level talent who in an injury wrecked season still put up a 25.6 PER, .179 WS/48, 8.1 BPM, and 4.9 VORP.  In this down season, he averaged 27.4 points on .588% TS% to go with 8.5 rebounds and 8.3 assists.  A nice 2 steals / blocks thrown in as well.

And there is only one reason you play this game...to bring home the championship trophy.

article-2447355-1891750D00000578-105_634

While he is the ripe old age of 34, we think he'll still be a difference maker for the foreseeable future.  And with Harden and Gobert already in place, adding a super versatile player who can still pretty much do whatever he wants to do is a no-brainer with our championship aspirations.

With the 28th pick, the U-Niques select:

LeBron James

news_lebron-james-kentucky-deal.jpg

We think there will be someone we really want on the next pick and that our team will be much stronger for grabbing LBJ now.  Welcome to the squad, Mr. James!

U-Niques

James Harden

LeBron James

Rody Gobert

@LucastheThird is up

@Nicholasp27

@Diesel please show up with your next pick after Lucas!

( @JayBirdHawk please PM me some ideas if you are still willing to put up with us)

Curse you!!!

I understand he's injured for the first few months of the year, but there is no reason this guy should still be on the board at this point.

KLAY THOMPSON

klay-thompson-on-fire.jpg?x59898

Elite perimeter defense as well as the purest shot form in the game. I'll just go ahead and say Jokic will average a double digit assists playing with Klay.

Not sure if @Nicholasp27 or @Diesel are up next or if we have a pick coming from @JayBirdHawk

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I understand he's injured for the first few months of the year, but there is no reason this guy should still be on the board at this point.

KLAY THOMPSON

klay-thompson-on-fire.jpg?x59898

Elite perimeter defense as well as the purest shot form in the game. I'll just go ahead and say Jokic will average a double digit assists playing with Klay.

Not sure if @Nicholasp27 or @Diesel are up next or if we have a pick coming from @JayBirdHawk

Nice pick! The older Vet All-Stars are flying off the board now. Note to everyone: Don't take them all; I need some to help my youngsters along.

• Haha 2

• Moderators

Over an hour passed on the Draft Clock for Nicholas' Fighting Diesel Birds. So with @Spud2nique's concurrence, I'm going to go ahead and keep this Draft thing moving so he can pick next!

With the 29th Pick in the 3rd Round of the 2019 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, the top available player from the Fantasy Basketball Rankings presented by AHF has been selected, and is...

rw6.jpg

The ever-so-dapper Russell Westbrook (Point Guard, 6'3", 200 lbs.). Spud will be PM'd in a moment, and his Draft Clock technically starts at 7:00 AM Eastern.

~lw3

• Like 3

You either evolve as a GM in a summer Squawk league or you drown! You have to keep up with the trends, what’s hot 🥵 what’s not. You can’t be Trader Bob Whitsitt from years back or a Stan Kasten or a Babcock or Knight, you gotta be you. 

Apparently it’s become important to be able to dribble, shoot and pass in the NBA. Duh 🙄!!! I mean, we knew that didn’t we?Naismith taught us, no wait, Auerbach! I dunno 🤷‍♀️  Yet over the years, players became comfortable fitting into a role designed for them and not even practicing shots they didn’t take in a game. All that has changed. Versatile players are DESIRED!!!!

A 6’8  210 pound small forward who can dribble, pass and shoot quite well. So well in fact that he, along with my last pick, was recruited by coach K just a few years back. High IQ, high BBIQ and I bet he can bbq 🍗 some meat with the best of them as well. We are very excited to add a player with such immense talent to our roster. He was named to the all rookie team in 2017-18, improved in his 2nd year in nearly all categories. Has played a combined 159/164 games in two seasons boasting career %’s of 46.1%fg, 40% from downtown and 84% from the charity stripe. He is the consummate professional who is a gym rat and keeps it clean off the floor as well. Talent and character. 

With the 32nd pick in the 2019 Squawk Dynasty Draft, the Spudsters select:

JAYSON TATUM

The great D dawg @Diesel is up next with back to back picks! 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

You either evolve as a GM in a summer Squawk league or you drown! You have to keep up with the trends, what’s hot 🥵 what’s not. You can’t be Trader Bob Whitsitt from years back or a Stan Kasten or a Babcock or Knight, you gotta be you. 

Apparently it’s become important to be able to dribble, shoot and pass in the NBA. Duh 🙄!!! I mean, we knew that didn’t we?Naismith taught us, no wait, Auerbach! I dunno 🤷‍♀️  Yet over the years, players became comfortable fitting into a role designed for them and not even practicing shots they didn’t take in a game. All that has changed. Versatile players are DESIRED!!!!

A 6’8  210 pound small forward who can dribble, pass and shoot quite well. So well in fact that he, along with my last pick, was recruited by coach K just a few years back. High IQ, high BBIQ and I bet he can bbq 🍗 some meat with the best of them as well. We are very excited to add a player with such immense talent to our roster. He was named to the all rookie team in 2017-18, improved in his 2nd year in nearly all categories. Has played a combined 159/164 games in two seasons boasting career %’s of 46.1%fg, 40% from downtown and 84% from the charity stripe. He is the consummate professional who is a gym rat and keeps it clean off the floor as well. Talent and character. 

With the 32nd pick in the 2019 Squawk Dynasty Draft, the Spudsters select:

JAYSON TATUM

The great D dawg @Diesel is up next with back to back picks! 

@Spud2nique
Actually u get back to back picks. The Nic and Diesel team was combined into Nic’s spot. Look at the draft order list. You’re on back to back duty. Then it goes back to Nic/Diesel.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Over an hour passed on the Draft Clock for Nicholas' Fighting Diesel Birds. So with @Spud2nique's concurrence, I'm going to go ahead and keep this Draft thing moving so he can pick next!

With the 29th Pick in the 3rd Round of the 2019 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, the top available player from the Fantasy Basketball Rankings presented by AHF has been selected, and is...

rw6.jpg

The ever-so-dapper Russell Westbrook (Point Guard, 6'3", 200 lbs.). Spud will be PM'd in a moment, and his Draft Clock technically starts at 7:00 AM Eastern.

~lw3

LMAO.. Today's NBA stars are the worst dressed ever! These guys couldn't match colors with their skin tight shirts and skinny jeans to save their life! 

Damn I miss the 90"s when everyone could dress

• Like 2

I have been given the message that I am up again! Thanks everyone. I’m currently considering 7 players for that #33 pick, I thought ☝🏾 or two might be gone after the Diesel picks but since I’m up again I have the whole lot to choose from! 

Pick forthcoming!

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I have been given the message that I am up again! Thanks everyone. I’m currently considering 7 players for that #33 pick, I thought ☝🏾 or two might be gone after the Diesel picks but since I’m up again I have the whole lot to choose from! 

Pick forthcoming!

Decision down to 3 players.

• Like 1

Do any of you guys use Axe? It’s really a wonderful smelling scent for either deodorant use or they have a long line of shampoo 🧴 ‘s and body soap 🧼 ‘s of all scents.

My next selection is getting paid to bout some of it on his body most likely which is why the YouTube clip is Axe’d out as the kids say!

Every boy needs tang(orange drink get ur mind out of the gutter) growing up like every team needs a point guard. Even with the versatility of having Luka at the controls of the offense, GM Spud felt like he needed that visionary type of point man that all teams desire. After all, they say it’s the golden age of point guards, might be time to grab mine.

He’s been described as a “miracle” by some and others viewed him as the best player in the 2019 draft not named Zion Williamson (Jerry West thinks he should have gone 1st). 

Humble, hard working and with a chip left on his shoulder because of his dad. You see, when your own father constantly tells you that you aren’t good enough to be in the NBA, that might be the biggest Dorito on ur shoulders your entire life. No doubt in my mind that he’s a gym rat who was blessed with speed, vision with the ball 🏀 and the ability to put the ball in the hole 🕳!

Timeline is an important part of building the core of your team and he certainly fits the Spudsters timeline..without further adieu,

With the 33rd pick in the 2019 Squawk Dynasty Draft, the Spudsters select:

Temertrius Jamel “JA” MORANT

PG- Ja (19 years old)

SG- Jay (21 years old)

SF- Luka (20 years old)

PF- Zion (19 years old)

• Like 4

• Moderators

Team In Absentia sees a big value sitting on the board but unlike Klay Thompson who carries the big injury red flag after just hurting himself, this stud coming off his age 26 season will be fully rehabbed and ready to go for the 2019-20 season.  With elite athleticism, rebounding, and passing skills he is a true multiple tool talent.  How many other players have averaged more than 23 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals per game in a season?

Here is the list:

• Michael Jordan
  • Steph Curry
  • Larry Bird
  • James Harden
  • Dwyane Wade
  • LeBron James
  • Russell Westbrook
  • David Robinson
  • Julius Erving
  • Clyde Drexler 
  • Rick Barry
  • Hakeem Olajuwon
  • Chris Mullin
  • Paul George
  • Lou Hudson

Notice anything about that list?  Every single player (other than PG) is in the HOF.  Ms. Bird sees the same upside for TIA's 4th pick who put up a nice 23.1 points, 5.2 rebounds, 4.3 assists, and 2.4 steals per game in 2017-18 (and actually increased the rebounding and assists to 5.6 and 5.2 respectively before getting injured last year):

Victor Oladipo

victor-oladipo.jpg

Like many of the players on this list, Oladipo also comes with an impressive 6'9'' wingspan which translates into a killer tool for him on the defensive end of the court.  Time to make room for Oladipo in TIA!

@LucastheThird is on the clock

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Do any of you guys use Axe? It’s really a wonderful smelling scent for either deodorant use or they have a long line of shampoo 🧴 ‘s and body soap 🧼 ‘s of all scents.

My next selection is getting paid to bout some of it on his body most likely which is why the YouTube clip is Axe’d out as the kids say!

Every boy needs tang(orange drink get ur mind out of the gutter) growing up like every team needs a point guard. Even with the versatility of having Luka at the controls of the offense, GM Spud felt like he needed that visionary type of point man that all teams desire. After all, they say it’s the golden age of point guards, might be time to grab mine.

He’s been described as a “miracle” by some and others viewed him as the best player in the 2019 draft not named Zion Williamson (Jerry West thinks he should have gone 1st). 

Humble, hard working and with a chip left on his shoulder because of his dad. You see, when your own father constantly tells you that you aren’t good enough to be in the NBA, that might be the biggest Dorito on ur shoulders your entire life. No doubt in my mind that he’s a gym rat who was blessed with speed, vision with the ball 🏀 and the ability to put the ball in the hole 🕳!

Timeline is an important part of building the core of your team and he certainly fits the Spudsters timeline..without further adieu,

With the 33rd pick in the 2019 Squawk Dynasty Draft, the Spudsters select:

Temertrius Jamel “JA” MORANT

PG- Ja (19 years old)

SG- Jay (21 years old)

SF- Luka (20 years old)

PF- Zion (19 years old)

Solid pick! I see you trying to keep up with the Flock with all your youngsters. We will be playing a lot of pickup games this year. @Nicholasp27 is up in answer to your question.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Solid pick! I see you trying to keep up with the Flock with all your youngsters. We will be playing a lot of pickup games this year. @Nicholasp27 is up in answer to your question.

@JayBirdHawk is in to run the team going forward as neither @Nicholasp27 nor @Diesel have shown up to claim their team yet.  So I'm editing the list to reflect that she will be making the picks and she will have the normal full time for the next one.  (She has made 3 of the 4 picks so far).  

Either Lethal or I will be doing the write-ups for the picks.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Team In Absentia sees a big value sitting on the board but unlike Klay Thompson who carries the big injury red flag after just hurting himself, this stud coming off his age 26 season will be fully rehabbed and ready to go for the 2019-20 season.  With elite athleticism, rebounding, and passing skills he is a true multiple tool talent.  how many other players have averaged more than 23 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals per game in a season?

Here is the list:

• Michael Jordan
  • Steph Curry
  • Larry Bird
  • James Harden
  • Dwyane Wade
  • LeBron James
  • Russell Westbrook
  • David Robinson
  • Julius Erving
  • Clyde Drexler 
  • Rick Barry
  • Hakeem Olajuwon
  • Chris Mullin
  • Paul George
  • Lou Hudson

Notice anything about that list?  Every single player (other than PG) is in the HOF.  Ms. Bird sees the same upside for TIA's 4th pick who put up a nice 23.1 points, 5.6 rebounds, 4.3 assists, and 2.4 steals per game in 2017-18 (and actually increased the rebounding and assists to 5.6 and 5.2 respectively before getting injured last year):

Victor Oladipo

victor-oladipo.jpg

Like many of the players on this list, Oladipo also comes with an impressive 6'9'' wingspan which translates into a killer tool for him on the defensive end of the court.  Time to make room for Oladipo in TIA!

Oladipo, Westbrook, Irving on the floor. I love the talent but when is KAT going to get the ball? Could be the best three guard lineup in the history of the NBA. They are certainly the most talented.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Team In Absentia sees a big value sitting on the board but unlike Klay Thompson who carries the big injury red flag after just hurting himself, this stud coming off his age 26 season will be fully rehabbed and ready to go for the 2019-20 season.  With elite athleticism, rebounding, and passing skills he is a true multiple tool talent.  how many other players have averaged more than 23 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals per game in a season?

Here is the list:

• Michael Jordan
  • Steph Curry
  • Larry Bird
  • James Harden
  • Dwyane Wade
  • LeBron James
  • Russell Westbrook
  • David Robinson
  • Julius Erving
  • Clyde Drexler 
  • Rick Barry
  • Hakeem Olajuwon
  • Chris Mullin
  • Paul George
  • Lou Hudson

Notice anything about that list?  Every single player (other than PG) is in the HOF.  Ms. Bird sees the same upside for TIA's 4th pick:

Victor Oladipo

victor-oladipo.jpg

giphy.gif

• Haha 2