• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I was going to take Simmons if he dropped and then have to decide between a few other players. Someone taking Simmons was expected but damn it was close.

It's funny. There was one All-Star I would have avoided picking at all cost and it is him. I just can't get on the bandwagon with his mom existent shooting. Hope he figures it out one day

9 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

It's funny. There was one All-Star I would have avoided picking at all cost and it is him. I just can't get on the bandwagon with his mom existent shooting. Hope he figures it out one day

I don't think he is ever going to shoot well; but his defense and rebounding is hard to question. I needed some D after taking Trae. Both Simmons and JJJ were high on my list for that.

Edited by Buzzard

With Giannis and Simmons I have two long, athletic freaks that can pass, rebound, defend and score. But, I need shooting, bigly. So I'm going with the best shooting guard on the board...l_9I9j0M5r_2ZOk3MY2jUURbf6DRqjGz6f2NEAC6 .

Bradley Beal! One of only a handful of 25/5/5 guys in the league. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

With Giannis and Simmons I have two long, athletic freaks that can pass, rebound, defend and score. But, I need shooting, bigly. l_9I9j0M5r_2ZOk3MY2jUURbf6DRqjGz6f2NEAC6 .

Bradley Beal! One of only a handful of 25/5/5 guys in the league. 

Take away the other shooting guard/player mention and a solid pick! He was my starting shooting guard last season and I think he is underrated due to playing on a sad ass team.

Edited by Buzzard

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Take away the player mention and a solid pick! He was my starting shooting guard last season and I think he is underrated due to playing on a sad ass team.

Look at his numbers from last year, they are absolutely top notch for his position. 

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Look at his numbers from last year, they are absolutely top notch for his position. 

You need to edit out the other player you mentioned. Don't mention players that are still undrafted 😀 He was on my short list of five before I picked the last time. I went with some D and who I think is the best remaining Center. SG and SF are big needs of mine also.

@capstone21 is up.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

You need to edit out the other player you mentioned. Don't mention players that are still undrafted 😀 He was on my short list of five before I picked the last time. I went with some D and who I think is the best remaining Center. SG and SF are big needs of mine also.

@capstone21 is up.

Why is mentioning players a no-no?

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Why is mentioning players a no-no?

If they aren’t drafted, you can influence when someone gets picked and nobody likes having someone taken out of their queue.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Surround him with shooters. 

My main choices was Simmons and JJJ together with Trae. I honestly think a combo of Simmons and JJJ would be a lock down defensive duo. No reason Giannis and Simmons would not be similar.

When you took Simmons my options changed, I took Ayton instead but stayed with JJJ.

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

My main choices was Simmons and JJJ together with Trae. I honestly think a combo of Simmons and JJJ would be a lock down defensive duo. No reason Giannis and Simmons would not be similar.

When you took Simmons my options changed, I took Ayton instead but stayed with JJJ.

Zion is gonna dunk all over ur Ayton 🌞 You do know this right?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Even if I'm mentioning scrubs like ?

Will you stop mentioning undrafted players? Its a simple rule and has been in place since this started,

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Ok geez, it's like Stalinist Russia around here.

There are 160 picks and they all matter. You mentioning a player may remind someone they are out there. It is just good sportsmanship to not give undrafted players names. Especially when said player could be on someone else's draft board but not on another.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2