• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

• Moderators

No idea if they've bothered to check, but the soft-spot in my otherwise cold heart hints to me that both Diez and Nick may have been thrown off when we got Community Not Available'd last weekend.

My internet sleuthing (<--- this really needs to be Career #2!) revealed that Nicholas is still alive and well online, so I'm voting to give them up until their Round 3 picks to discover we're alive and drafting.

If neither show up by that point, I'm in favor of contracting down to one AWOL team (end/start of rounds) that makes them co-GMs, w/ Jay or whoever else would care to jump in when they can as alternates. I'd continue to skip their picks since it's just a one-hour delay at this stage until they return. They can backfill their roster with picks when they do drop in, or whenever Jay or an alternate is free to do so on their behalf.

~lw3

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AHF said:

A fourth option which I’m thinking might be best is to eliminate one team and make the second pick for the team with KAT.  Then we continue with a ten man draft and let whoever shows up first make the picks

I like the 10 team idea 💡 but which team do we eliminate? 10 is just such a round and perfect number it seems.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I like the 10 team idea 💡 but which team do we eliminate? 10 is just such a round and perfect number it seems.

If we did this, my thought would be to keep the roster with KAT and eliminate the 11th pick team and then let it become the team of whoever surfaces first.

@Nicholasp27

@Diesel

Let's wait for the moment let some other people chime in since we have one vote to wait (pimp), one vote to skip their picks but not contract (lw3) and one vote to contract (sp2luka).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AHF said:

If we did this, my thought would be to keep the roster with KAT and eliminate the 11th pick team and then let it become the team of whoever surfaces first.

@Nicholasp27

@Diesel

Let's wait for the moment let some other people chime in since we have one vote to wait (pimp), one vote to skip their picks but not contract (lw3) and one vote to contract (sp2luka).

I vote 🗳 to not have @pimp make a pic for @Diesel because I’m 90% sure he will pick my guy 😆. Well...I guess there’s a chance he might not. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

@Nicholasp27

@Diesel

I agree with this. Whoever come back first can get KAT, if the second one comes back then let them make their makeup picks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

sp2luka

Ugh 😑 that’s like a nickname you get on accident. Like ur at the movies 🎥 with ur friends 👬 and you find a booger on ur seat 💺 and you yell EWWW BOOGER..then everyone starts calling you booger...

😐 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

@Nicholasp27

@Diesel

I am good with the 10 team format. Let a free member make their picks until one of them shows up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I am good with the 10 team format. Let a free member make their picks until one of them shows up.

This works for me.. It will certainly make things move quicker

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I vote 🗳 to not have @pimp make a pic for @Diesel because I’m 90% sure he will pick my guy 😆. Well...I guess there’s a chance he might not. 

I vote that i get to make both of diesel's picks , just to make sure  i take your guy!  
giphy.gif

• Haha 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

Do we have a list of players taken yet? I am already lost

Check the list in AHF's original post on Page 1.

EDIT: quick copy-paste, we're pretty much into Round 2 now. Spud will pick next once AHF decides how to revise the Draft Order.

Pick # Team Player Selected
1 Buzzard Trae Young
2 bleachkit Giannis Antetokounmpo
3 capstone21 Anthony Davis
4 lethalweapon3 Joel Embiid
5 IheartVolt Stephen Curry
6 pimp Kawhi Leonard
7 AHF James Harden
8 LucastheThird Nikola Jokic
9 Nicholasp27 Karl Anthony-Towns
10 Spud2nique Luka Doncic
11 Diesel  
12 Diesel  
13 Spud2nique  
14 Nicholasp27  
15 LucastheThird  
16 AHF  
17 pimp  
18 IheartVolt  
19 lethalweapon3  
20 capstone21  
21 bleachkit  
22 Buzzard  

~lw3

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

1st page in this thread is being updated with the picks.

Has it not been updated cause I am not seeing it.. I mean I can go back thru all the post but that will get taxing later. I checked his post and do not see a list

6 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

Has it not been updated cause I am not seeing it.. I mean I can go back thru all the post but that will get taxing later. I checked his post and do not see a list

Go to 1st page here. Control F and find your name. It looks like a spreadsheet and it is updated. Luka was taken by Spud #10 is the last pick.

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

Okay so that's news! He's using a table that he and I can update on the regular, and maybe the table format (and even the text version of the table below that) doesn't show up for you. I use laptops 99% of the time, so is it a mobile phone thing? If so, check capstone21's advice on Supes' thread from earlier this week (I think it was deleting the cache) and see if that helps.

~lw3

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Go to 1st page here. Control F and find your name. It looks like a spreadsheet and it is updated. Luka was taken by Spud #10 is the last pick.

Yes I definitely do not see a spreadsheet. Maybe it's because I only have a mobile device to view

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

Yes I definitely do not see a spreadsheet. Maybe it's because I only have a mobile device to view

It is fixed now.  I post it in both table and text formats so it is visible on mobile but apparently it recognized both versions as tables before.  Try again and let me know if you see it now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

you can see it on mobile if you scroll to the very bottom of the screen and change your “theme “ to default.  

• Like 1